• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] Some skills/spells concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
[Suggestion] Some skills/spells concepts *UPDATED*

First of all, love what you have done with this amazing ORPG and I can't wait for v1.2. I'm just here to input a few of (what I think) are some pretty interesting and cool skill/spell concepts that would really make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Crusader
As a tanking class I thought that this class has already got a good amount of skills for holding aggro, taking damage, etc. I don't have any real unique recommendations for this class but here they are.

Reflect: The name says it all, this skill basically 'reflects' some damage done to the Crusader. It could be an active or a passive but if it were an active it would need to reflect more damage but only for a limited time.

Perseverance: This skill would act as a passive that would drastically reduce damage when the Crusader is in a near-death experience. It could be like a 40% damage reduction when the Crusader has 10% of his health left. It would enhance the Crusader's ability to soak damage.

Berserker
Personally, I have yet to try this class and from observing it appears to be an off-tank melee damage dealer. Here are a few suggestions.

Battlelust: This would be a passive that increases the Beserker's damage according to how many enemies are nearby. (IK not very unique but still would prove useful)

Duel: This move would be a single-target active skill that the Berserker could use against an enemy. The idea is that when activated, the Berserker take less damage from outside sources other than the target he chose. The target also does extra damage to the Berserker but in turn the Berserker does more damage to the target. Confusing, but very effective for shutting down single targets. Basically its a skill that reduces damage from sources other than the enemy targeted in which both the Berserker and the chosen enemy deal more damage to each other.

Tide Turner: This move would normally just do damage however if the Berserker has a less HP (percentage base, otherwise this move could easily be abused in PvE) than the target he will also inflict some sort of status effect. This could give the Berserk that little extra chance to run and pot or throw in a few more attacks before going down.

Assassin
Awesome damage output in a short amount of time, this is one of my favourite classes. The crappy thing however is that a lot of the damage is mitigated if the Assassin is in front of the target. Here are a few suggestions.

Shadow Walk: The Assassin quickly maneuvers herself behind the targeted enemy in a sort of 'blink' fashion. As it stands, Stealth isn't a surefire way to get behind the target (which I think is the main mechanic behind the Assassins high damage). This move would be a definite way to land that powerful burst combo.

Last Words: This move would be an active that deals more damage the lower the amount of HP the target has (percentage based again, would be OP on bosses with huge HP otherwise) and additionally silence them. IMO this would really let the Assassin shine at what she is meant to do; assassinating low life targets.

Noxious Daggers: This move is a passive that gives all of the Assassin's normal attacks a poison. The poison should stack and the damage should pile up. Again, I think this would increase the overall DPS of the Assassin.

Bard
I've been around on these forums quite a lot and this class appears to be the most weakest and least played one out of all of them, which is a shame. Out of all my suggestions I think that these ones are the best, the most interesting and pretty cool overall. Honestly however, the buffs of the Bard should be AoE unless its a unique one. For example Song of Vigor only has a 5sec cd but it lasts for 90secs? Might as well make it an AoE buff with the same effects because it is tedious buffing single targets on different buff timers. Also would be awesome for different 'Songs' that give INT and AGI. These suggestions capitalize on making the bard that 'advanced' support class with a different play-style than the other support classes.

Divine Rhapsody: This move would be an AoE healing over time that heals more depending on the amount of buffs the target currently has.

Ballad of the Winds: This move would be an AoE move speed buff, if enemies are caught in the AoE they will sustain a move speed de-buff.

Vigorous Melody: The Bard immobilizes herself and continually plays an enchanting song, each second nearby targets gain damage and spell power that stacks. This move cannot be used at the same time as Harmonious Melody and it is also a channeling skill. The buff lasts 8 seconds and the channeling goes for 6 seconds (meaning a maximum of 6 stacks).

Harmonious Melody: This is basically the defensive version of Vigorous Melody and grants resistance and armor instead of damage and spell power. Otherwise the skill is exactly the same.

Resonance: An active attack that knocks back the target but cannot knock them through terrain. It deals minor magical damage but is mainly used for the knock back which can save an ally's life. (Maybe the Bard needs at least one attack spell lol)

Hunter
Pretty cool class but it does lack some....originality and also poor DPS compared to the 'big three' (Sorcerer, Assassin and Berserker). From examining the 'Magic Arrow' ability i'm assuming that this class is kind of an 'Anti-mage' that is supposed to destroy spell casters, but whatever.

Charged Shot: Name is self-explanatory, a skill that deals more damage the more it is 'charged'. Also make this ability able to critical resulting in some great damage with a consequence to it. (Charging too long opens you up to free attacks and if disrupted it could be your downfall)

Enervating Arrows: A passive ability that slows down target with every normal attack and stacking up to 5 times, upon the 6th attack the target is immobilized and dealt extra damage.

Necromancer
This class is up there with the Bard in being both underpowered (thank you useless skeletons that can't tank and do terrible damage) and underplayed which is again, a shame. I love the idea of death magic and it should be included in more games. This class appears to be a slave-driving de-buffer class so my suggestions are based around that.

Sacrificial Circle: The necromancer creates a circle of death and suffering in an area, minions in the area are granted an increase in move speed, attack speed (please, make it MUCH more better than the Orc Skull buff.....I checked and my skeletons went from 'Very Slow' to just 'Slow' and thats JUST the attack speed of my Necromancer lol) and damage. Additionally enemies within the circle are dealt minor Shadow DoT and decreased armor and resistances.

Disenchant: The necromancer destroys one of his skeletons (leaves no corpse so it can't be revived) and gains a buff that initially does nothing called 'Recycled Soul' he can then use the 'Recycled Soul' to summon an even greater minion or to cast spells.

Condemn: Requires a 'Recycled Soul', when used on a target they will be dealt DoT that increases if they perform any action such as: walking (only triggered once per movement destination not every step animation), attacking, casting spells, etc. This effect starts off VERY minuscule to the point it really isn't noticeable but it lasts for two minutes meaning that it does more damage the more the target acts.

Flesh Golem: Requires a 'Recycled Soul', basically a more powerful minion.

Sorcerer
Great burst damage from this class, and certainly one of the better ones. Not really much to change with this class but they are severely restricted with their LOOOONNNNGGGG casting times. Overall however very nice class, and just in need of one suggestion.

Spell Fingers: Passively reduces the casting time (not by much, maybe 0.5seconds). Additionally it can be activated to temporarily double the passive effect.

That's ALLL my suggestions sorry if it did seem to drag on for ages, but you get my point. Feedback is warmly welcomed and also I don't mind if these skill/spells were rejected after all they ARE concepts and they don't have to used (plus I did this in my spare time and I was bored). I don't know how hard these are to script but again they aren't really necessary and are just a few concepts designed by me and who knows maybe some future player skills will have the same/similar concepts too.

P.S: I left out the Bishop, Monk and Druid because I didn't want for this to drag on for too long, maybe some other time... depending on the popularity of this thread

Talents Section

Welcome to the talent section! Alright remember that these Talents that I suggest are LIMITED by the skills that are currently in-game because I have no knowledge of the newer skills being added/already added. The sub-classes are each have their own but of course Zweib was only looking for a Talent set for each base class meaning that Sorc/Necro's are together but to make it easier for me to do this I have left them separate. The way I'm going to do it is to give 3 Talent suggestions that are individual to the class and two talents that is shared between both classes. Now, it takes time for me to think up unique Talents so....I will only be doing a few at a time whenever i get time. First I decided to do the Magicians.

Magician

Scholar:
Level 1- When casting a spell, the magician has a 10% chance to grant himself with a boost in intelligence for 10 seconds. INT boost = (Level x 0.1)
Level 2- If a spell does a critical hit on target it has a 50% chance to refresh the spell's cool down. This only affects the spell that had actually critted.
Level 3- If a spell is cast on a target, the target has a 30% chance to obtain a de buff called 'Irregular Magic'. The next spell cast on this target will deal 1.5x damage, also stacks with a critical hit.

Mana Affinity:
Level 1- The magician passively gains Mana according to his level. The mana gained = (Level x 1.5)
Level 2- Every spell that the magician successfully casts has a 20% chance to heal back 20 of the magician's mana.
Level 3- All spells that deal damage now deal bonus damage according to how much mana the Magician has left (Mana bonus counts to how much mana the mage currently has not after the spell is cast). Mana bonus damage = (Current mana / 6) this damage is always Magic element. If the magician is a Necromancer, the magician imbues this power into his minions' attacks/spells. Mana bonus damage on minions = (Current mana / 14) this damage is always Magic element.

Sorcerer

Phoenix's Apprentice:
Level 1-All fire spells have their damage amplified by 5%.
Level 2-If a fire spell does a critical hit on a target, the target will sustain the 'Incinerate' de buff dealing the same damage as the actual Incinerate would but lasting only 6 seconds. If Incinerate does a critical (Not sure if Incinerate can actually critical, never tried it, if it doesn't then just ignore this part) then its duration is increased by 4 seconds.
Level 3-If a fire spell is cast on a target under the affects of Incinerate, the Incinerate buff is immediately removed and the target explodes dealing extra damage in a small AoE area. Additionally the target is stunned for 2 seconds, half-time if it's a boss.

Tidal Control:
Level 1-All water spells have their damage amplified by 5%.
Level 2-When Water Globes (or any other spell that can 'Soak' targets) is cast it has a 30% chance to cast an additional globe. If the extra globe hits, the duration of the 'Soaked' de buff will last for an extra 4 seconds.
Level 3-While under the effect of 'Soaked' if the target is hit by 'Frozen Cage' it will be dealt AoE damage and the de buff 'Permachill' will be added to all targets caught in the AoE effect. Targets under the effect of 'Permachill' will have their movement speed and attack speeds slowed down. Permachill lasts 6 seconds.

Energetic Channelling:
Level 1-All magic and lightning spells will have their damage amplified by 5%.
Level 2-When a lightning/magic spell is successfully cast the Sorcerer has a 15% chance to 'Double Cast' the same spell. (Think of it like DotA's Ogre Magi's multicast)
Level 3-When the Sorcerer receives damage he has a 10% chance to shock the target back dealing minor lightning damage and mini-stunning them for 0.1 seconds.

Necromancer

Spell Frenzy:*For necromancers who'd rather use spells than minions
Level 1- All spell damage from the Necromancer's spells will be amplified by 5%. DOES NOT affect minions. (Remember Necromancers have a lot less damaging spells than Sorcerer)
Level 2- When the Necromancer successfully casts a spell it has a 10% chance to 'bounce' to another target. The damage is then amplified by 1.5x and shared equally between the two targets however both targets still take any extra effects that the spell supplies for example, 'Soaked'.
Level 3- Whenever the Necromancer lands a spell he has a 30% chance to siphon back 25 HP.

Graveyard Tyranny:
Level 1- All minions gain the most basic boost depending on what they are.
Skeleton Warriors: Now have more HP and a little more damage
Skeleton Mages: Now Shadowbolt scales by 1.5x owner's Spellpower and Crippling Curse scales by 2.3x owner's Spellpower.
Level 2- All minions gain a more advanced boost depending on what they are.
Skeleton Warriors: Now have a 10% life steal effect and draw more aggro on basic attacks
Skeleton Mages: An even more power amplification of spells. Shadowbolt now does 1.8 x owner's Spellpower and Crippling Curse now does 2.6 x owner's Spellpower
Level 3- All minions have the most advanced boost depending on what they are.
Skeleton Warriors: All of the skeleton warrior's attacks have a 2% chance to stun the target for 1 second. Additionally when they have 20% HP left they will have a quickened attack speed.
Skeleton Mages: Again spells are slightly amplified and now have bonus effects. Shadowbolt now scales off 2 x owner's Spellpower and does small AoE damage when used on targets under the effect of Crippling Curse which now scales off 3 x owner's Spellpower.

Summoning Capacity:
Level 1: The casting times on the summoning spells of the Necromancer are completely removed but cool downs remain. Additionally the Necromancer can dismiss his skeletons reverting them back to a corpse.**
Level 2: When summoning minions the Necromancer has a 10% chance to summon a slightly more beefed up version of the minion (Identified by being scaled larger) and only works on skeleton warriors/any other melee minion. This beefed up minion has more HP and will explode on death dealing AoE damage. HP Bonus = (owner's Level x 8)
Level 3: The Necromancer can now summon 1 more extra warrior and 1 more extra mage.

**:Dismiss would come as a skill that is on the minion not the Necromancer and I think there's a bug with skeleton minions when they die because you can immediately use their corpse to make another one, however I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended would appreciate if Zweib could tell me :)

Last edited:
Level 13
Necros are actually better at dps than sorcs, once geared and properly built. The skeletons are fine. In fact, they actually deal a little too much damage so their attack speed should probably remain where it is.

Bishops are up there for dps as well, technically a big four.

I personally like the shadow walk idea, it would help for models that are harder to move around, or difficult to position a back attack on.

Duel is a pretty interesting idea for a team based game, it would depend on length, how much it actually disables and if the unit being duelled recieves less damage from outside targets. It could be used to buff units back up while the damage reduction from outside sources is on, or it could be a solid time to pile in attacks with lengty casting times. Overall, zerkers arent getting any tanker, so the skill could potentially get them killed very fast.

Turning bard spells into an aoe buff is a great idea in theory, the problem is, only one buff can be active on a unit at a time, which essentially could cause issues in smaller sized areas.

Lots of interesting ideas, a flesh golem has been approached before, personally I think it would be nice if it was based off a necros str and hp to promote different builds in the future.

Also anything that stacks may need mana costs on them, as active skills. Stacking is extremely easy in boss fights as there is a lot of auto attacking going on currently. Again, it's more about what the future will hold.

Level 1
Hmmm honestly i didn't know that the Bishop could deal a lot of damage considering they only have 2 offensive spells, Crippling and that other one.

TBH the only useful skeleton the Necro has access to is that mage but the melee ones aren't so useful. Properly geared Necros might be able to get those melee ones doing good damage if they get that skull that enables them to summon 3.

The only reason that the Bard should have AoE buffs is so she doesn't need to go through the tedious buff timers because it is individualized for each person since she can only buff one at a time. It's also a time saver and in hectic boss fights its a good way to make sure everyone has got a buff including people who were just recently revived.

Also, Duel was never meant to make the zerker's more tankier at all, in fact it can kill them if you use it on the wrong target because damage from the target being Duel-ed is amplified. I agree with you on its potential though, an ideal example was if you were fighting a boss who summons a lot of minions and then you could Duel the minions to mitigate some damage from the boss.

Level 13
Because mend is such a fantastic spell, bishops don't always need to be healing. The fact that d3 is nearly completely undead crap allows them to destroy shit, but they have a generally good overall damage output if played well. Bishops are easily the best class in the game.

Even two skeles seem to get off enough damage during a fight. They're not amazing, sure, but they dish out more than a sorc due to the lack of current spell diversity between the classes.

As I said, aoe is in theory, a great idea for those reasons, but how would you propose handling buffs on certain stats for units that require them. You wouldn't want to vigor an entire party if you only have two classes that would benefit from the strength.

Duel does sound interesting, I refer it to a skill on a dota hero which has the same properties. It would need to be worked out for a pretty specific purpose though, since yeah, single target dueling could kill a zerker very easily.

Level 5
Berserker:

Battlelust: I just came about another idea reading ur battlelust and duell ideas. How about the Berserkkker is forced to strike an enemy for a set time (maybe 5-15 secs; comparable as you would get taunted) and deals 50% more dmg. The idea about it is that you can drastically improve your dmg but you need to use it wisely, eg you cant use it before Fire Lord uses Ashes to Ashes because then you wouldnt be able to dodge it. This could also be combined with your duell idea, the choosen target deals 25% bonus dmg to you while other sources deal 25% less dmg to you.

Crusader:

I think he misses some self heal as a holy knight using divine powers. As he is changed to using mostly intelligence and constitution stats now and dealing 0,2 spellpower divine dmg per hit how about he is healing the amount of divine dmg done per hit?

Remember that I already implemented 2 more skills for every advanced class. Those spells are already in the current game (1.1L(3), but they can not be accessed before 1.2.
The reason I'm saying this is, because most of the issues people were complaining about in terms of class balancing are already handled because of this, even if most of those two new spells per class are utility spells.

However, this thread is pretty good, I gotta say. Some of the ideas seem pretty unique and well-thought, especially the shadowwalk move and duel. I like those. About your ideas with the bard, I gotta say that I'm probably sticking to the concept I had in mind until now, meaning that all buffs are single target, with no cooldown, so that you are able to give every person the buff they like the most. Making the buffs AoE will take a lot of strategy out of the game, as then you would simply stack all buffs you have up and wouldn't need to think about drawbacks and advantages. I like the situational factor of the single target buffs, for example, you could buff a threat reducing song to a person that just got all of the cooldowns ready, then buff increased damage again once all the cooldowns are gone, etc.
I think the idea of a dynamic buffer is more interesting than simply stacking up group buffs.

Level 13
As long a buffs remove a previous buff that would be neat. His idea of a channeling aoe is nice though, since a bard continuously singing makes sense.

Congrats though DeBard, getting appreciation out of zwieb is like milking a rock.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Shadow Walk should have a quite long CD (1-2 mins), otherwise it will turn the Assassin into a noob friendly class - if you know what i mean; Insta sneak, good damage without having to sneak up first = less skill required.

Level 10
As others have already stated multiple times now I really like the concepts of 'duel' and 'shadow walk' and as vestra had stated the flesh golem concept has been brought up once or twice before. I suggested a while back a blood type golem for the necromancer that would be linked to the necromancers hp. Whenever the golem gets hurt the necromancer would get hurt and the golem would slowly 'bleed' to death if you choose to keep it out but the necromancer could do like a soul tap thing to get rid of mana to convert it to hp

His idea of a channeling aoe is nice though, since a bard continuously singing makes sense.
Hmm, I'm not that convinced about channeling spells in general. For a short amount of time with a high cd, possibly yes, but I don't like channeling spells that you can basicly channel forever. I feel that robbing the player the ability to actually move and do something else in battle is ruining the fun to play any class - that's why there are only very few channeling spells in the game.

The bard was meant as a pure supporter class, sure, but definitely not as a "buff bitch". I want the class to still have some offensive capabilities (as it is still an AGI based class and still has access to thief offensive skills) beside all the buffing stuff, simply because its way more fun than just being a walking totem.

Level 10
I would personally prefer to play a bard that was a walking totem. I don't play a bard to be a half decent DPS dealer. When I play a bard I play him strictly expecting to be a buff bitch and that's what I would enjoy doing on one of them which is why I always thought a bard should be more int based than agil. If I wanted to play a thief like dps I would just play assassin. I feel like 'hybriding' a build is inefficient because in the end that role can't do either job to its full potential. If I wanted to play a DPS class I would and if I wanted to play a support buffer I would expect him to be full support/buffer,but that's just my opinion.

Having said that I have nothing wrong with the current bard model and I understand there are already a LOT of int based classes.

EDIT: I would also just like to state that while I think the hybriding of classes is inefficient and dumb that's what I love about Gaias is you have the choice to do so (or at least you will once more spells are released) You can choose to pick which spells you desire to build the type of hero you want. Would it really be that big of a problem to in the future make more of these type of bard spells so if someone wanted to lets say swap out all of their thief skills for buffs to become pure support? They would still have the option to hybrid

Level 14
The problem with pure buffers is that they are most useful in large groups. In Gaias the parties are limited to 5 people, so in most situations a pure dps would be more useful then a pure buffer.

Just imagine a D3 run with
Tank + Healer + 2 Dps + Buffer
compared to
Tank + Healer + 3 Dps.

Those buffs had to increase the "worth" of any hero by 25% to make up for the lost player.

Its possible, but would require heavy balancing in order to make the buffer useful in other situations aswell (normal leveling in smaller teams etc.).

Level 13
A channeling aoe that went for 5-6 seconds would technically be both an aoe damage skill, if it damaged, and I imagine it would debuff enemies too. It doesn't have to channel forever. If bards could pump out more slows, aoe armor reduction, nothing seriously huge but something that could help in large group areas like d3, or any future content with groups of 4+, that would be neat.

Level 1
The only reason i recommended the Bard to be a 'buff bitch' was because of her description in the game being an 'advanced' support class. Seeing as Bishops are the best healers and from a previous post Zweib mentioned that he was adding AoE heals to the Druid then the only role left for a Bard would to be a buffer, also a class based solely on buffing would be more difficult to use depending on the effects of the buffs hence why I thought that the Bard being a 'buff bitch' would be more advanced than the other classes. Also as someone stated before a 'pure support' class should focus solely on their role which is supporting, minor DPS is only secondary for a pure support and when they do try do some DPS it usually has a utility effect on it such as a knock back or stun because overall people don't play pure supports to dish out huge damage, leave those roles to Sorc's,Sins,Zerkers,etc. Also not everyone loves going in and playing aggressive, there are a lot of people who would rather sit in the back ranks healing/supporting if they know that they are helping their team.

I agree with muzzel though because as it stands that if you were to have a pure buffer it would be difficult to make sure all buffs increase the worth of each person but not by too much to the point they are too powerful.

EDIT: Anyways back to the Bard ideas I had, I honestly don't find that these skills are 'noob-friendly' or too easy to use because remember that with AoE spells centered around you, you have to nail positioning down extremely well in order to achieve the best effect. For example if you were to use 'Vigorous Melody' to buff up your team, sure its easy to get one or two people in the AoE but try getting all four not to mention that you'd have to also know when to break the channel, for example you just can't basically go AFK during her channel time because although she appears to be doing nothing she still needs to be aware of certain spells and how much damage she is taking because it could end up killing her. For example if the Bard decides to use Vigorous and then an AtA comes up she has to move away or get hit hard..... another example would be if you were fighting a boss that has lots of minions around him and the AoE channel causes them to attack her, she would need to be smart in order to know when to break the channel or when not to break the channel in order to maximize the effect of her spell.

Level 13
Buffing AND debuffing. It would be nice to see some fancy debuffs on the bard, more than just a DoT.

If you allow the bard to both buff and debuff, it could technically replace a full dps in some situations, especially with more advanced bosses.

Also you'd obviously start channeling after ashes. Just limit the channel time.

Making spells and buffs of the bard class channeling would also render the class much weaker in encounters which rely on movement a lot.
And for the "pure buffer" statement: remember that the class must still be able to play solo at times. I don't think that taking away all offensive potential of the bard is a good idea.
When more spells are released, you can always use talents and skills to push your bard more towards the true buffer role, but it will never be a walking totem, as I said, for balancing reasons.

Level 1
Well I guess that does make sense, guess we'll just have to wait until Talents are implemented!

offtopic: I saw that in another thread that you are taking in Talent suggestions, if so would you mind if I write some into this thread? (I will try to get them as balanced as possible due to the fact that I'm limited to only making Talents on skills that are currently in-game) Also, in the Talent system will you guys allow leveling up the Talents separately? For example in your 'Mental Control' if you had 2 talent points you could add them both into the first part for an upgraded effect rather than one in the first talent and one in the second talent of that talent line?

Level 13
Zwieb, are talents going to chain in options, like one point in option one allows you to unlock both options 2a and 2b, 2a unlocks 3a, 3b, 2b unlocks 3c, 3d. Or are they going to be linear.

Level 10
what about the skills of monk??
well in my oppinion crusader need something more light related... like divine light!
DIVINE FURY(ative) -that call down a angel that heal 1.0x sp and deal 2x str...
the monk need a dps skill too an ative one that can be used with steel body... like fury of the mountains...
MOUNTAIN'S FIST(ative) -that deal a lot of damage and a minor splash damage something like that...
druid needs something related to nature but that damage... like an angry flys ....ANGRY FLIES(ative) - calls a lot of angry flies that attacks enemies and heals allies (looks like locust swarm)...
the bezerker could have tower strike...TOWER STRIKE(ative)- he run at max speed at target then that knockback the enemy and the bezerker do a damage based on his life less life more damage...
necromancer... can have an dark aura... that pump the summons up!... something like DEATH TOUCH (passive) - that gives a bonus damage and armor to the summons... ^^
Bard can have TRANQUILITY SONG (channeling)... a song that heal 0.5xSp per second and inscrease attack and move speed by 1% by second last like 10 sec...
i wait you like some of them ^^

Level 6
Some of them sound cool but are u serios or just joking cause it kinda looks like u are saying for the lol of it o.o

Level 3
what about the skills of monk??
well in my oppinion crusader need something more light related... like divine light!
DIVINE FURY(ative) -that call down a angel that heal 1.0x sp and deal 2x str...
the monk need a dps skill too an ative one that can be used with steel body... like fury of the mountains...
MOUNTAIN'S FIST(ative) -that deal a lot of damage and a minor splash damage something like that...
druid needs something related to nature but that damage... like an angry flys ....ANGRY FLIES(ative) - calls a lot of angry flies that attacks enemies and heals allies (looks like locust swarm)...
the bezerker could have tower strike...TOWER STRIKE(ative)- he run at max speed at target then that knockback the enemy and the bezerker do a damage based on his life less life more damage...
necromancer... can have an dark aura... that pump the summons up!... something like DEATH TOUCH (passive) - that gives a bonus damage and armor to the summons... ^^
Bard can have TRANQUILITY SONG (channeling)... a song that heal 0.5xSp per second and inscrease attack and move speed by 1% by second last like 10 sec...
i wait you like some of them ^^

Divine Fury - I totally disagree. What do you think are bishops and druids for?

Mountain's Fist - Splash could be good for monks too. Since every 10 successful attacks trigger divine fist. It would be a damage. But monks are made to tank single targets such as bosses.

Angry Flies - Druid is a useless dps. Unlike bish who can solo dungeons 1 and 2. Besides, you can always summon your wolf to tank and deal damage.

Tower Strike - Just a land version of heavens edge but it stuns the enemy. Hateful strike is enough to cancel channeling spells.

Death Touch - Your skellies armor and damage is based on your int. Just level your int and youre good to go.

Tranquility Song - No comment.havent played bard yet ^^

Level 13
Branching, that was the word I was looking for, branching.
System sounds neat Zwieb, looking forward to trialing it.

Decreasing the casting time depending on a leveling stat is not a good idea, as the spells are already scaling depending on leveling stats.

This would result in a multiplication of factors, meaning we got exponential behaviour, which messes up the balancing.

However, I will add a "haste" stat in the future, but it requires a reworking of the current spell engine to be implemented, so it might take a while to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.