• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hall of Fame Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So basically, what you guys have to do here is to say the name of a real high quality map that you think really deserve to be on the list... after let's say 20-30 maps, if we can all cooperate and then we start short listing the maps to let's say 10 or we may keep a 30 top maps list. Then we zip everything up in 1 file, and name it, THW's map picks and let people download it. what do you think of this idea? This will also be good for us to discover new maps that we never heard of.

So far we got:
TCX
Water War Submerged
Death Coil Arena
Metroid Fusion Search for Samus
Abyss Gates
Desert of Exile
Against the Darkness
Treasure Cave
Castle Fight
Elimination Tournament
When The Freedom Slips Away
Jungle of Vesania
Mad Balls Arena
Legend of Magnador
Uther Party
[URL="http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70713]Bouncing Bugs[/URL]
Tag You're It!

Last edited:
Level 7
Abyss Gates- the best hero defence map. Too bad it crashes sometimes, but the creator is a busy musician :D
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/4831/

Desert of Exile- the best AoS map atm.
http://forum.valor-zeal.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9

Elimination Tournament- already mentioned. Both the idea and the execution are brilliant. Can't think of anything that could be improved there.

Against the Darkness- semi-tag map. All tags suck dick compared to it, seriously. How can be building 10-tower thick walls enjoyable, lol.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3837/

Treasure Cave- the best adventure/riddle map I played. If you didn't play it, DO IT! With friends ofc, it's not suitable for pub games.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/4814/

Castle Fight- the best approach on the tech wars kind of map. It deserves it's popularity (unlike DotA).
http://www.eeve.org/fu-magi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309

MedMapGuy's campaigns- mainly Joe's Quest and Deandra's Tale, best custom campaigns ever. They're all here, in Hive campaign folder.

That's it, if I were to choose the best of the best.

Level 8
Once we reach a number, I haven't decided that yet, all who posted here must test each map and give it a rating 1-5 they have to say something to justify the scores for each of these maps

Level 27
Euhm, Hero Wars and Sheeptag back in RoC ruled o_O

Totally addictive..

t the Darkness[/b]- semi-tag map. All tags suck dick compared to it, seriously. How can be building 10-tower thick walls enjoyable, lol.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3837/

I don't agree on that one lol.

Tag You're It! is THE ultimate tag in my opinion. Nothing can compare to that lol. Against The Darkness is more like a tweaked tag while Tag You're It is more like the original. And you can save/load your points! (Although they are useless and only indicate howmany games you won)

Level 8
I don't agree with Tag You're It being original. Any map can include the save/load function. That does not make the game play any better.

Level 8
There will be an awarded map section in the (hopefully) near future.

That's nice to hear but I hope that it's not based on the popularity of the map only...

Your map Shadow Heart uses a music and now I know where it comes from after playing Mabinogi :D.
NPC_Aodhan
Am I right?

Last edited:
Level 27
I don't agree with Tag You're It being original. Any map can include the save/load function. That does not make the game play any better.

lol dude. The main thing that makes the map better is offcourse not the save/load omg -.-

It's the thing when the hunter kills a tagger then the tagger becomes a hunter and the hunter becomes a tagger. Tag You're it! ^^

Level 8
lol dude. The main thing that makes the map better is offcourse not the save/load omg -.-

It's the thing when the hunter kills a tagger then the tagger becomes a hunter and the hunter becomes a tagger. Tag You're it! ^^

Okay I'll include it on the list too but I was wondering what you think of tropical tag instead.

But I'm not including Dota for many reasons.

It was a good idea, but it seems like it wasnt done very good.. :(

Ill the maps I was going to suggest people allready did.. xD

The concept and idea was good. It will stay on the list till we discuss about it after we got a bunch of maps (around 30).

Level 22
That's nice to hear but I hope that it's not based on the popularity of the map only...

Your map Shadow Heart uses a music and now I know where it comes from after playing Mabinogi :D.

Of course not. Maps are looked at from both technical and player aspects. They must be fun AND well made. Blizz's own map site spotlights all the "popular" maps...even those that became popular for all the wrong reasons. they can continue on doing that for all I care.

...and yes, I play Mabinogi ;)
-VGsatomi

Level 8
Of course not. Maps are looked at from both technical and player aspects. They must be fun AND well made. Blizz's own map site spotlights all the "popular" maps...even those that became popular for all the wrong reasons. they can continue on doing that for all I care.

...and yes, I play Mabinogi ;)
-VGsatomi

Okay that's good to hear that the maps will be looked into a technical and player aspect.

About Mabinogi, did you start playing the english version or you're still on Korean version? I'm using a proxy to bypass the foreign IP bans. I hate Nexon :razz:.

Level 7
Uh... Only played "The New World", and I didn't like it (too many tiers, too slow, too long. Altered Melee should aim at fast action, like melee, but with some significant difference(s) which would make them unique. Total War in Warcraft just doesn't work). But I might check out the rest and give my opinion.

Level 7
Hive should generally make some awarded, quality, etc. map section. Without time and patience, it's hard to filter out anything decent from that flood that's uploaded. It's good the mapmakers have a chance to show their work, but I've seen so many terrible maps being approved and rated well by a mod o_O I mean - approve, ok, but don't tell people it's awesome, when it's not. I know it's subjective, but moderators should keep higher rating standards.

My World War 3 Map

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=81204&prev=page=1&r=20&status=g

Why?

I received over 50 e-mails from Epic War players telling how good my map is, they said my map is the best modern warfare map they ever played, etc...
I presonaly think that all other world war 3 maps failed. They just speak about giant robots, laser guns and futuristic shit. Mine is diferent.

My map is also unprotected, and free to be modified and re-distributed. People can learn a lot of things with my map.

Also, The Hive Workshop users acomplished this map since the 1.0 version on September 2007, giving me ideas, sugestions, reporting bugs...
I think all THW old users have a little ownership over this map.

These are the reasons why I think my map deserves to be on Hall of Fame

Level 2
Hive should generally make some awarded, quality, etc. map section. Without time and patience, it's hard to filter out anything decent from that flood that's uploaded. It's good the mapmakers have a chance to show their work, but I've seen so many terrible maps being approved and rated well by a mod o_O I mean - approve, ok, but don't tell people it's awesome, when it's not. I know it's subjective, but moderators should keep higher rating standards.
agred

the reason why I pretty much only play ladder/dota and fun minigame maps. it's just too much effort to keep up to date with maps and sift through the horde of mediocre stuff. on top of that, you have to deal with pubby mentality and elitist mentality and it's almost impossible to get a game once you do find a fun game

i'm sure if someone got a list started we could get this going... the one blizzard had going was pretty up-to-date. the op's looks more like a bunch of recommendations from members... which it is, but also highly subjective and not the best way to find quality

Status
Not open for further replies.