• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello there ladies and gentlemen,

It's been quite some time since I've been online on any Warcraft 3 forums. Hiveworkshop (formerly Wc3sear.ch) was, is and will always remain my home, atleast when related to Warcraft 3 experiences and to the community here.

How have you been guys, what have you been up to? As this is the offtopic section I took the liberty to start this thread and see how everybody has been. And I'm not talking here only about warcraft 3 projects and achievements (though I must admit I am really intrigued and interested in getting to know more about these too) but about your lives too.

Nevertheless it's been quite some time guys... missed ya! :) Looking forward to hearing some words from you.

Mihai (a.k.a Daelin)

P.S: I'm not "back" as a modder, but more as a friend :)

Level 11
aarkshark, I´m not back into modding.... I´m mostly here to see what my old friends have been doing. It´s been quite some time since I´ve been around. I don´t expect people who have no clue who I am to greet me or say hello, as to them I am a complete stranger. I have no idea who you are, based on your previous post I don´t think I even want to know... in my opinion you have the profile of the frustrated individual who may have attempted something similar (obviously for different purposes) but failed, and now attemts to throw this frustration towards someone else. But then again, as I don´t remember or even know you, this is nothing more but an educated guess.

M4stah... thanks :)

Paladon, thanks for the warm welcome. I hope too that we will intersect around here now and then.

DonDustin, how have you been? Anything new in the past couple of months? :)

Guys, this thread was created out of nostalgical purposes. I do not intend to "make an entrance"... Just missed the community and most of its members (well, atleast those that I also knew, talked to, helped, or had received help from etc etc.)

-Daelin

Level 11
Redscores, of course I remember you man... how have you been? :) It's good to see that you are still into warcraft 3 modding. ^^

frosty... hmm, I remember interracting with you before my depart, and I can see that you have become quite a personality around here, lately. Good to see you.

raid, friky... what's with the duffy? And yeah, you bet I'm a compatriot... The legend is a mortal human who likes to know that made a lot of friends while part of this wonderful community. :)

Devine... I don't what's with this newfag of frosty, but I can see a lot of faggitude around here lately :)) What can I say? Keep up the good job :p

Purple, obviously I remember you, I remember when you started learning JASS. In time you became so good that I started envying your skills. It's good to see that you are still around here. How's life? Anything new? :D

I promise to post some pics tomorrow :D

-Daelin

Level 9
...frustrated individual who may have attempted something similar (obviously for different purposes) but failed...

Nah. I just could have sworn that people aren't supposed to make "I'm Back" threads.
But, oh wow, on the offensive much?

Anyways, I barely remember you. I remember seeing you as a mod... what, decades ago? >_>

Level 11
My my, you definitely did not check TheHelper forums :p Go to the debates section ^^

aarkshark... yep, quite offensive when needed. :) I barely remember you myself. Yep, I was a mod, admin for a short time, then retired because of other problems. :)

Paladon, yep, I initiated the Phoenix Trial. It was actually one of the first things I noticed around here that still exist, and I'm really proud of it. Good to know you keep things rolling. Bravo!

-Daelin

Level 18
It's nice to see some of the old people from warcraft modding returning, atleast bumping in, atleast in a form of a poster, if not a modder.

Well, we also never met, but I've heard of you numerous times. Nice to have you back.

Oh and since I am the map mod, I guess I should inform you of some projects:

The WoW project by Craka_J is going slowly, as always, who knows will it ever get finished, doubt so.

There is a new Diablo III map made by CloudWolf. You should really check it out.

The cinematic modders, well modder who is still active and making quality cinematics is CMarket, his series are still in making.

What else? I seriously don't know is there any other project worth mentioning atm here at the Hive.

Level 40
Purple, obviously I remember you, I remember when you started learning JASS. In time you became so good that I started envying your skills. It's good to see that you are still around here. How's life? Anything new? :D
Haha, I have fond memories of my earliest stuff. Anyhow, I've basically quit wc3 modding nowadays since I have been programming in a few real languages (mostly Java, playing with Scheme and C++) and can't stand Jass' syntax any more (especially call/set). Waiting on your story!

Oh, and if you haven't seen much of vJass and are interested in seeing how far Jass has come in the last few years (even since you left in 2008), you should take a peek over at wc3campaigns.

Hello there ladies and gentlemen,

It's been quite some time since I've been online on any Warcraft 3 forums. Hiveworkshop (formerly Wc3sear.ch) was, is and will always remain my home, atleast when related to Warcraft 3 experiences and to the community here.

How have you been guys, what have you been up to? As this is the offtopic section I took the liberty to start this thread and see how everybody has been. And I'm not talking here only about warcraft 3 projects and achievements (though I must admit I am really intrigued and interested in getting to know more about these too) but about your lives too.

Nevertheless it's been quite some time guys... missed ya! :) Looking forward to hearing some words from you.

Mihai (a.k.a Daelin)

P.S: I'm not "back" as a modder, but more as a friend :)

I don't know you personally, nor do I expect you to know me at all. I can only say that you've missed much and warmly welcome you back to the site, for the time being. Welcome back, Daelin!

Long time no see. ^^

Bah. Since when do you post here, Mr. Mole? I guess you can make an exception for Daelin. :razz:

Level 34
I definitely know you Daelin, I recall you being in a special effects contest not too long ago (not long could be a year). I don't remember you from way back though. Not sure if you were still around when I started posting.

Wolverabid (Tim) hasn't been here for over a year now but he will come back in a few months.
....say what?!?

Level 17
Hi Daelin. You didn't know me, but you were a global moderator when I first joined here. In 2007, when I starting learning JASS, the tutorials in the JASS classroom were which I first started with. It was a lot easier to understand than Vexorian's introduction, so you rock just for that reason. Also, thanks for teaching me the use of coordinates, along with a few other tips which I rarely use anymore ;). Your classroom may have not really gone anywhere, but you tried, and for that I thank you.

Level 11
Olof... good to see you're still active and around. Still into 3d modelling? :cute:

frost... I guess it is. But it's good to see so many "antique people" around. And good to see so many new people too. It's a sign that the community keeps expanding! And that's really cool.

Hey Ralle, good to see you're still active (dooh :mwahaha: - obviously, no admin - no community). What happened with Tim? :eekani:

Gilles... it was pretty long time ago... one year and a half already? It was after I had quit other modding activities. :con: I think..

hvo... now that was a nice compliment. Explaining things better than vex... Who's da boss? :pal:

-Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.