• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How you deal with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Except for I fell in love with my 'tulpa' two years ago and still have a crush on 'her'.

Discussing the nececssity is kinda redundant if you ask me (irony?) because everyone should be able to deal with issues him-/herself which, in fact, IS alike to creating a "tulpa" as a "tulpa" essentially is a manifestation of a part of the human brain and is composed of one's needs, one's expectations, self awareness and sorta as a backup concerning indecisiveness, am I right?
Of course, the usage of such a tulpa may greatly vary and I've read that others use it to express themselves in a different way but I guess this depends on the individual.

Level 27
I dunno it gets all screwy with all the gradients in the mind. I kind of think consciousness is constantly ebbing and flowing in the brain. Not like full consciousness, but fragments; microconsciousness if you will.

Kind of off topic.

Level 28
Consciousness is always present in a living human, be it either active or passive (read: knockout).
Do you mean the Freudian metapsychological model of Id, ego and superego?
At times, the super-ego would overcome the ego and decide it it's place, the moral instance or conscience.

In that regard, a creation of one's mind is part of that super-ego and (partly) reflects the individual's conscience and, if you stretch it out and shape your creation, it's a mirror of yourself but also shows you your own feelings, needs and fears.

Like for example, creating a perfect (to your own needs) female counterpart in a custom shape may redirect to a need to finding someone who matches what 'she' is - in real life and the low chance you'll ever meet her (if she even exists).

Our conscience is able to do beautiful things but it greatly depends on how we handle what it enables us to do, be it the thought of being depressed or, and this is more important, the thought of wanting to change something about said depression.

Level 27
Nah, I don't really place much stock/value/coherence in Freud's model. It's not to say that you can't think of the mind in those terms, but that it doesn't really serve much of a purpose as I see it vs. basically any other model of a human psyche. It's as Wazzz notes—we can analyze the chemicals and interactions in the brain of a depressed person, but there are any number of causes of said circumstance. I really feel it's wrong in all cases to try to Occam's razor the mind; there are just too many variables.

Level 6
Tl;dr.
I listen to depressing music, read depressing texts and so on, just to make concentrated effect of sorrow and all the stuff. This way it's over quite fast. But it's getting really easy to get controlled by sudden anger. So I just lock the door.

Roland

R

Roland

I play with my cat and Hug her to remove my depression and my stress, But sometimes I write stories to remove my Depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.