• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who else misses wc3sear.ch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I apologize if this is a duplicate of another thread.

Anyways, as my profile clearly says, I've been around since 2005. Back then wc3sear.ch was still around. It was the place I'd hang around the most, and have fun with old friends. Following the very unfortunate end of wc3sear.ch, I've stranded away from the warcraft community. The hive is very similar to the good old wc3sear.ch, but definitely not the same. The community is different, some people decided to stick around, others decided to move on.

Who remembers the final days of wc3sear.ch?

i certainly do..

Who else here, besides me, remembers and misses the dear old Wc3sear.ch?

Level 17
I like this site more.

I just went there for downloading, I hated the loading time. Took like 5 minutes to load a page.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think I do remember you, cheesdude. I mean, I do know that nick, but weren't you a kind of problematic guy around there? =P

I liked the way wc3sear.ch was organized, it was simple, although the Hive has also done a good job in organization recently.
I also appreciated the way the staff was arranged, everyone was chosen carefully in order to avoid certain problems present here today at the Hive. I helped a lot in the Map Forum and, if I'm not wrong, I took over a year to be promoted to Map Moderator (in wc3s you controlled the section and the respective forum), and (again, if I'm not wrong) I was promoted only because VGsatomi was needing help at the Maps Section.
Some people here at the Hive got higher positions (like global moderators/administrators) in only a few weeks or months after they joined.

What is most pleasing in the Hive is the speed, though. I can clearly confirm that wc3sear.ch took ages to load pages.

As for the last few moments at wc3sear.ch, all I remember was Mini-Me, ragingspeedhorn, DSG and HappyTauren (I think) spamming all over the Maps Forum with some weird discussion. And I had to close mass threads because of them.
As many of you know, the resource-uploading became unavailable at a time.
Then some guy called "Ralle" appeared =P with the notice we were merging. That's when I met the Hive.

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah rui, i remember you. I wasn't so much of a troublemaker as I was new to the whole system. I didn't hang around places like forums much, so the whole thing was a new world to me. I also remember you helping me out with some WE problems, thanks :)

Level 14
By the time I joined wc3s the place was a ghost town. All I remember were my first few skins and getting help from Werwulf and Afroknight.

Sort of off topic but Ralle's avatar back then was awsome. He was a mysterious rescuer with a strange alien avatar that was rather "special" :p

Level 34
I sure as hell don't miss the site itself. It sucked.

From the few members I know who were around back then and have left, I think I would have liked wc3s a lot. I was a user on the site back then, but I wasn't active enough to remember people. I just got help from time to time, and dl stuff.

Level 24
I remember DSG, PurplePoot, Rui, Rui's avatar, ragingspeedhorn, Mecheon, Mecheon's avatar, and VGSatomi's signature :p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Rui, back at WC3search near the end I tried my best to help as many people as I could but some other annoying member who's name escapes me kept on flamming me and insulting me and delighbertly answering people's questions wrong and calling me a lier if I informed them that he was wrong. God he was annyoing and the lack of moderation there was a real pain as he would probably have been banned on THW if he did that.

Ofcourse VG and rui and mechon I remember as well as some others but most I do not.

Man I was unexperienced back then lol.

Level 9
I miss Mecheon most of all. He was pure badass.. Kept forums in order, everyone respected him in return.

Edit: And wormskull, yeah.. That guy - just WOW.

Level 24
Mecheon is still here, he just isn't as visible. Mostly, he descends from the heavens when the situation deems he need unleash his immeasurable wrath upon morons.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I never got to meet wormskull, I actually remembered VGsatomi had a thing with him but I never met the "noob".

Mecheon is around, but he's more into the Gamer's Hub (WoW forum, specifically). I remember how he got annoyed with requests in the Models forum xD

I miss ElfWarfare, and I would like to have met oz02, the Global Moderator, he left around the time I was promoted. Sansui is also here and Daelin was around for a while :p
...and finally, Darky. I wish he would come to visit us here at least once ;P

Level 4
I agree with werewulf, i remember the wc3sear.ch days not as a member but as a just starting map editor looking for models. Alot of the models i dled off of there were okay compared to the quality and order found here at the hive, but i mostly dled stuff and went on my way. Here at the Hive i actually try to be part of the forum and i like the community...it shows a major jump from my attitude towards wc3sear.

Level 22
I remember.

But I'm happy it's dead.

I remember, but I don't miss it so much anymore. The Hive is better.

I don't miss it, the Hive is much better.

I sure as hell don't miss the site itself. It sucked.

Glad sear is dead. It was full of arrogant troll pricks, full of crap, rips and stolen shit. Full of fail and slow loading time. Full of no or lack of any form of moderation..

honestly, its foundation was old and horrible.

Ah, well, I tried my best -_-U

TDR

TDR

Level 18
oh, wormskull...he's really a fascinating fellow if you get to talk to him. You'll never have a serious conversation with him though (unless he's critiquing your work). Got banned from deviantart at least 4 or 5 times...

Anyway, I remember that I registered to wc3sear only to upload a model I made that I used in a terraining competition at wc3c, because all custom models you used had to be available to the masses. I didn't even notice it had a forum, I thought it was just the resource database of wc3c :p
Then in summer of 2005 me and Whitehorn had nothing to do one day and started to pick on noobs :p (one of them was terranup, lol...). I kinda overdid (more like overflamed) it and got banned though...I was such a moron back then
So yeah, I don't really miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.