• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grabiti's RPG Creator 1.08

Full Credits for the resource goes to the original creator (Grabiti) from Cafe.Naver (Korean Forum Board)

Credits to !!GORO!! for the Bag Model used

---

Grabiti's RPG Creator v1.08

Original Author: Grabiti (Naver - aodem | M16 - Grabiti)
Translation to English: Kithio (Me)

This is a very common Korean RPG Template map used by a fair few RPGs as of the last few years. Most recently I know FTRPG used this for their base.

Features :
  • Ban System (CustomDefeat on map initialize based on name filter)
  • DamagePrint (Shows your damage over the mob you hit)
  • Anti-AFK (Very poor insert of it if you ask me... but it works)
  • Anti-Self-Boosting (Defeats you if you have two accounts of the exact same name in a game)
  • Anti-Local-Save (Prevents you from saving your game using the F10 (Save Game) button)
  • Anti-Unit-Sharing (Prevents you from sharing control with other players to discourage going AFK even more)
  • Anti-Harm (Prevents you from damaging your friends by forcing the Hold Position command upon calling Attack) <-- Can be advanced upon easily
  • Anti-Patrol (Even more Anti-AFK measures)
  • Item Bind on Pickup (Pretty common feature to find in RPGs today)
  • Few common rpg commands
  • -cam [50-150] (Value is multiplied by 17 when it's bound)
  • -dice (Rolls a random value between 1 and 100)
  • -suicide (Kills your hero)
  • -clean (Removes all items on the ground after [60.00] seconds) <-- Customizable time
    • -cancel (Stops the cleaning from happening)
---

I've gone through this and translated almost everything, Only thing not translated is the Quests Menu since I lost my original Korean file so all I see in there now is "_"... Kind of annoying

While the Quests Menu shows "v1.07" this map is the 1.08 version (Latest Version found on their naver page)

I noticed this is a resource that was asked for a while back by some people on some.... ahem... alternate forums... So I decide to post this here, If this resource isn't allowed here since it was originally created by someone other then me (Public Korean Resource, but requires account on Cafe.Naver and to pass the Verification for their board to download)

-- Update --

I found my korean notes and have now gone through and translated the bits that was missing that I could find. (does not include the description / Map name as that should be changed based on your work if you plan to use this anyway)

I've also removed the Korean commands as they were all invalidated when the map was re-saved in a World Editor that was not localized as Korean.
Previews
Contents

Grabiti's RPG Creator 1.08 (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
Moving to templates cause reasons. I agree you need to show permission. How am I suppose to test this? I am bit confused. Set to Awaiting update ====================================================================== Always check/recheck the Map...
Level 19
Moving to templates cause reasons.
I agree you need to show permission.
How am I suppose to test this? I am bit confused.

Set to Awaiting update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited:
Level 4
@Paillan

Regarding your question about how to use this map...
The map itself isn't meant to be used "as is" but as a core template for making your RPG, You'd make your heroes and have them placed in the "Hero Select" and owned by "Neutral Passive" to make them selectable.

As for making enemy units revive upon death...
You'd make your units with a "PointValue" of something other then the default 100. The PointValue, to my eyes at least, seems to be the deciding factor in how long it'll take for it to respawn.

---

The resource has been released an "open source" project on their naver page with the only request being that the user states the map has been made using their template, usually in the form of keeping the first segment of the Quest Log which states it's been made using the template map. [this has been stated in the first "Comment" in the map's main trigger folder named "Reset"]

This particular version has been cleaned up from the original all korean text making it so english users is able to make use of it. As states in the first line of my description of the map, full credits goes to the original creator of the map, Grabiti. I only take credit for the rather poor yet functional translation work of the map itself.

Reasoning behind me re-releasing the map on here is because it is not easy for non-korean speaking or people not living inside of south korea to get hold of their resources as it's locked behind their very odd registration system and registration verification requirements. This is a very common template resource used by many korean RPG Makers over the last couple years.

The only resources found in the map is a Bag model which has been circulating around for many years and as far as I've been able to see, has no identifiable origin to it. Making it near impossible to link an original and correct source link for the resource itself. The other imports found in this map was made for the resource itself by what can only be assumed to be the original creator of it and seems to have been part of the map since the beginning.

If this resource for any reason after these statements still does not seem to comply with the Hiveworkshop rules and regulations around hosting resources on this website, I do apologize and would simply accept the removal of it.
However if this should clear up any confusion regarding the project itself I do hope it'll be left to stay on here as it is a fairly well-made base for people wanting to work with GUI based templates, as the only "Jass" element of it is part of the Root Script and the Quest Log trigger found in the trigger folder "System Settings".

Level 19
You should probably add a tutorial on "how to" into your description. At least the basics. you can use the hidden tag to make it less crowded.
Fair enough. Your argument seems reasonable enough and it's not like I know Korean to fact check, so I'll take your word. Still gonna see if it uses any hiveworkshop resources.

EDIT: The bag resource is indeed in the HWS, submitted by a guy called !!GORO!!

Level 1
The only problem i can see right now, that it's missing save/load system from original Grabiti's RPG Creator, not sure if you just forgot to add it or there's a specific reason. But i'm really grateful that someone decided to translate it to english and share it with others.

Level 4
The only problem i can see right now, that it's missing save/load system from original Grabiti's RPG Creator, not sure if you just forgot to add it or there's a specific reason. But i'm really grateful that someone decided to translate it to english and share it with others.

Appears to be missing, I'll look into it when I have time to

Level 1
How to setup Save/Load system, How to setup Respawn system. Please read is manual and try to translate the best you can. Otherwise thank you so much for this upload It helps a bunch, if only i could get the save/load to work.