• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Creator

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
The battle creator is a battle editor that can modify units, heroes, terrain, alliances, weather, time and more in this map.
You will find all commands in the missions menu with the awards.
There is no way for win the map, it is only for fun.
The basic is select some units for each race and sent them to the attack typing - attack in the chat. The units are situated in the corners of the map, each corners is a race.
Note that, in the commands, in chat, between - and the command there is a space:
- attack YES
-attack NO
In the corners of the map you will find more circles of power witj the color of each race, if you put in it a unit it will go to the race choosen.

Please rate the map!!!

Keywords:
Battle, Creator, Terrain, Hero, Heroes, Modify, Time, Weather, Color, Colors, Team, Allies, Enemies, Alliances, War, Wars, Battles, Editor, World, Hum
Contents

Battle Creator (Map)

Reviews
20:38, 3rd Aug 2014 Orcnet: Can be approved but please work on the description for better standards and more info.

M

20:38, 3rd Aug 2014
Orcnet: Can be approved but please work on the description for better standards and more info.

Level 21
The creator must be Italian so here is a message for him:

"Mio caro amico, hai bisogno di fare una descrizione decente per la tua mappa perche' sia approvata. Non hai dato nessuna buona informazione nella tua descrizione. Che cosa bisogna fare per vincere? Com'e' il gioco? Devi per forza dire queste cose nella descrizione altrimenti la tua mappa sara' sicuramente rigettata all'istante.
E cosa piu' importante, devi anche dire per forza i nomi dei creatori dei modelli e icone che hai usato nella tua mappa."

To those who don't understand Italian, I just told him the common tips I give to all people, nothing special.

Level 16
The creator must be Italian so here is a message for him:

[Translated]
"My dear friend, you need to make a decent description for your map 'cause it is approved. Did not give any good information in your description. What you have to do to win? How' game? Do you have to say these things in the description otherwise your map will 'definitely rejected instantly.
And most 'important, you also have to say to force the names of the creators of the models and icons that you used in your map. "

To those who don't understand Italian, I just told him the common tips I give to all people, nothing special.
Its looks ok, but yeah it needs a better translation.
~ JC

PS - Shadowfury, you typed so honorably.

Level 32
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
BATTLE CREATOR
by Miky

navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Gameplay & Entertainment: 12/20
Terrain & Layout: 4/10
Doodads & Scenery: 5/10
Bugs & Consistency: 3/5
Presentation: 2/5
Total Score: 26/50

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay & Entertainment:
To start the game, the map baffled me. The only way you will know how to play this game, is if you read the commands list in the quest. They are neatly organized and thought out well. A huge problem with it, is that it does not say how to get the units, just how to command them. Stating that the number of clicks a unit gets from you is how many spawn would help a lot.

Now commanding, the game is becoming fun as I wasn't trying to find out how to play. The game is equally a unit tester and a sit back and see who wins kind of game. I'm glad you put melee/default units in, with out them, I would get bored quickly. The gameplay is creative, as opposed to other games where you set up fights. A vast number of working commands are fun to use, especially how you can ally the bots together. You also have camera, spawn creeps, change color, change hero levels, change hero attributes, day, night, weather, all of that.

Another feature, tree placement and neutral building placement are interesting to an extant, but most of the passive buildings don't do anything, or look good to act as a doodad. For the tree placement, it's a nice change from other maps how you build it instead of spawning it so I can "shift click". There is also little need for all the other trees, everywhere is Lordaeron summer except the camps near the corners.

12/20​
Terrain & Layout:
Although the map is 85% Lordaeron grass, it is quite acceptable for a map like this. It wouldn't hurt to put design around the grass, or make each side have a bigger theme to it.

I respect and encourage the choice of no use of leveling or cliffs anywhere near the middle, because some know that higher ground gives advantages to ground range units.

The map layout is okay, except you have so much space in most of the map, especially the edges and the corners. The corners are crowded to much, I'll explain more of this problem below. Overall the terrain is empty and could have a design around it, so I give a below average score.

4/10​
Doodads & Scenery:
Again, most of the map is empty excluding the mini camps (or what you call them) are aesthetically better than most maps I see. The orc one is my favorite, I'll use those as walls one day. I will increase the score if you make more of the map like that in there respective zones, you placed the doodads in them carefully.

I see the to workers you can produce wasted, different color trees over putting other environmental doodads is a good choice.

5/10​
Bugs & Consistency:
There are no major bugs or any bugs I found at all, I applaud you for all of the neatly produced commands for working. There are a minor faults.

1. The corners are small and it is difficult selecting some units. As they are crowded, I take time in making sure I click the right ones so I don't have to kill them. Air units are blocking! You can find small spots to click on ground units near the air ones, but it's annoying.
227608-albums7473-picture86732.png

2. No hot key for kill (Which is single target), death walks to slow. Makes every thing slower.
227608-albums7473-picture86733.png

That's all.

4/5​
Presentation:
I see in your map that it says don't ask for better description, but you just need a few things. Rules are you need screenshots. You also need credits in game AND in the Hive description. State whether the map is protected, a changelog, and if you have a small description on how to play you're set! Remember to add how to get the units in the circle of power.

2/5​
navbits_start.gif
SUGGESTIONS
Remember, suggestions are optional. Some of these may be repeats.
> Make unit selection in the corners bigger
> Make the game not have open slots, just put computers so people aren't confused
> Put more scenery based on the theme of the corner
> Version number in the title
> Instead of only trees put environmental doodads
> Instead of only passive buildings put structure doodads​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map will get approved is if it follows the map submission rules. You may notice that few maps in the past aren't following them, but those are from a long time ago. Fix these and you are good to go. I vote for AWAIT UPDATE.

> Fix description
> Credits list
> Screenshots (How to add screenshots)
> State whether this map is protected, unprotected, or free to edit without permission
> Changelog​
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall the map is creative but has flaws. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work. Also, your English is actually good in the map. In your next update, you may contact me to raise the scores :)

Special thanks to GreeN!X for letting me use the base of his map description that I have altered and edited.

-Official map review by SCN
[TD]

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited: