• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bog Battle

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello Hivemind!

Newest map. Feel free to leave feedback below for any modifications.

I hope you like my map, and if you enjoy playing it, don't forget to give it a rating!

Map Specifics
208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players 2-4
208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps 24
208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings 6
208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines 8

Tactics
This map requires quick and decisive forward momentum. If you let your opponent get the upper hand and control the central island's gold mines you will be lost. Beware the major creeps in the center of the map...there's a path around if you're feint of heart.

No fixed positions so be mindful of your surroundings.
Previews
Contents

Bog Battle (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...
Level 26
Replace your current screenshots with in-editor ones.
As they are now, they don't really show the terrain of the map, which is the most important to show here, since everybody already knows how a melee game looks like.

I will take a look soon.

Level 26
Well, the shape of the map is not bad. However, it is very unappealing and undecorated.
Compare it to any other blizzard melee map, and you'll see that this is not as beatiful as them.

You have very few doodads, only a few destuctible trees scattered over the map.
The cliffs look awkward and out of place. With proper decoration and usage of the higher and lower tool, this can be fixed eventually.
The map have no tile variation at all. There is just grass everywhere, which is pretty dull.
You have also been using the "ramp" tool a lot, but left a lot of ugly edges, where you can see through the terrain. Avoid L shaped cliffs to avoid this in the future.

In short: the terrain needs a huge update to be acceptable.

The goldmines also have a little gold amount for being expansions. The ones that are not next to a base, should probably have a lower amount like 7500 or lower.
The creep drops seems fine to me.

Level 2
Well, the shape of the map is not bad. However, it is very unappealing and undecorated.
Compare it to any other blizzard melee map, and you'll see that this is not as beatiful as them.

You have very few doodads, only a few destuctible trees scattered over the map.
The cliffs look awkward and out of place. With proper decoration and usage of the higher and lower tool, this can be fixed eventually.
The map have no tile variation at all. There is just grass everywhere, which is pretty dull.
You have also been using the "ramp" tool a lot, but left a lot of ugly edges, where you can see through the terrain. Avoid L shaped cliffs to avoid this in the future.

In short: the terrain needs a huge update to be acceptable.

The goldmines also have a little gold amount for being expansions. The ones that are not next to a base, should probably have a lower amount like 7500 or lower.
The creep drops seems fine to me.
Rufus - thanks for the feedback. I'll admit I wasn't trying to make it pretty...just going for an engaging melee map with some good action with interesting engagement strategy. I'm partial to a stripped down version of the aesthetics with more time/energy going into the layout with a focus on where the best battles could take place and using strategy to control important locations on the map.

I hear what you're saying, though, and will certainly work on trying to add variations of tileset within the maps to add some additional character...I've been doing that more on the Campaign I'm developing...didn't really think it was necessary in general battle maps. But, being new to this I appreciate the guidance! I want to make maps people both enjoy the gameplay of but also the visual aspects.

Level 19
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation

No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM a map reviewer once you have updated the map.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!