• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to make a Peat Bog/Bog area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
let me know what you think. I think it'd be basically impossible to make this without picking the right tileset from the start, then choosing all of the tiles you would need which would cripple the rest of my map obviously. most of the map is not going to be a desert/peat-bog kind of bland environment so i dont have that option but

any ideas would be appreciated. at the very least maybe this doesnt look so bad and would work from others perspectives? thx

edit:i rly dont think theres anything i could do without swapping in antoher 2 tilesets from outlands or something and then they'd be worthless like ooo i could make a desert with them though. yeah right. the sand tile is enough for a decent deserty area

i guess im just seeing if this looks decent enough like a Bog area and less like a Swampy area

what do you guys think

Attachments

• peat bog pic.JPG
    peat bog pic.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 81
  • peat bog pic02.JPG
    peat bog pic02.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 83
  • peatbogpic3.JPG
    peatbogpic3.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 82
  • peatbogpic4.JPG
    peatbogpic4.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Moving this thread to Terrain & Level Design, if you're seeking feedback regarding terrain please post there. Thanks :D

Anyway, the latest picture (55) looks best in my opinion. I think it could use some more attention to the pools of water to make them less clear and/or maybe make them a bit deeper. I'm no terrainer though :p

Level 9
Moving this thread to Terrain & Level Design, if you're seeking feedback regarding terrain please post there. Thanks :D

Anyway, the latest picture (55) looks best in my opinion. I think it could use some more attention to the pools of water to make them less clear and/or maybe make them a bit deeper. I'm no terrainer though :p
sorry i just uploaded real quick before going to bed figured it would be here. didnt even look thanks for moving

also thats the exact same things i was thinking lol. i'll do this then.
thanks.

anyone else who wants to chime in can ill read it

Level 9
Can you maybe zoom in a bit more?
first one isnt touched and i think those water spots (and less river) would be better too but here it is as the editor shows zoomed into default

Attachments

• yabuddy23 more water spots like this tho not so much river.JPG
    yabuddy23 more water spots like this tho not so much river.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 40
  • yabuddy22.JPG
    yabuddy22.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 33
  • yabuddy21.JPG
    yabuddy21.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 31
  • yabuddy20.JPG
    yabuddy20.JPG