1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A New Area

Discussion in 'Terrain & Level Design' started by Aeroblyctos, May 23, 2009.

1. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello.

I just made a new area for the campaign I have been making quite a while now. These pictures are from chapter 5. What do you think? Any suggestions, etc? The fourth picture shows the whole area.

Attached Files:

• C5P1.JPG
      C5P1.JPG
      File size:
      121.5 KB
      Views:
    • C5P2.JPG
      C5P2.JPG
      File size:
      123.7 KB
      Views:
    • C5P3.JPG
      C5P3.JPG
      File size:
      116.3 KB
      Views:
    • C5P4.JPG
      C5P4.JPG
      File size:
      126.6 KB
      Views:
  2. mango

mango

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look good, I think it could use some more terrain and doodad variation along the path, like some rough dirt & grassy dirt with grass/shrub doodads. Nice looking area so far tho!

3. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those cobbles make me want to tear out my eyes and throw them at you. Also, I think using some Ashenvale Lumpy Grass would be a good idea because it would blend with the trees.

4. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cobbles...
    /shudder
    Lumpy grass is a good idea, also, consider using ashenvale dirt instead of the Lordaeron dirt. It's of a far richer brown colour, if you use dirty grass in between the two.

5. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What are cobbles?

6. lnfernal

lnfernal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think they mean the brown-like terrain tile.

7. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cobble is the round stone-tile in front of like the houses and such, and yes, they look horrible with this terrain. My suggestion is to either mix in another type of tree model, to get variation, OR scale the trees you already have to make some small and some large, you should also consider clustering some really small ones around the large trees to give of the effect of a living forest with new young trees'n shit shooting up from the ground.

8. NinjasDontFight

NinjasDontFight

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A little crowded with the trees. I notice thats a bit of a problem in Chapter 5