1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gods and Empires- CITY building/RTS

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by pangahas, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Grey, I was currently working on a such spell for my map and I thought "hmm I would share this idea :D".

Your ideas of regeneration/degeneration and your idea of no hold pos are really great. I was thinking of a spell called "Endless battle lust".

I can do some of the spells (triggers I mean) but in GUI and with memory leaks (yeah lots of disagreements but at least I can). And lots of your abilities look familiar with mine so it wouldnt be a so different work...

2. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, no problem. It's great that we can help each other out :) that way we'll get many finished projects instead of one failed one =D

3. The-Rave

The-Rave

Resources:
    Resources:
    is the god is a unit like hero or just ability like AOM?

4. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    The initial plan was that you can only cast the spells from the temple at lower tiers then when you reach a certain tier or when you researched a certain upgrade you would be able to summon the GOD as hero unit at the cost of faith points(MANA of the temple unit, it doesn't regenerate so you have to assign citizens to worship or sacrifice them; building shrines also provide the citizen's need for faith and increases the total amount of faith points the temple has..)

5. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why dont you use avatar instead of summoning the god itself ? (I just find this more logical)

6. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would this god then stay as hero and be revivable etc? Or would it have a certain time limit to stay in 'mortal' form?
    EDIT/UPDATE: Made 3 signatures =)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  7. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    well that is good at least your getting a foothold into this project.

8. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The name is wrong, its MortAr- with an "-" in the end :p
    Edit: I will see what I can do with the Blizzard/Avalance, Lightning Storm and Plague disasters.

9. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually haven't decided on that yet..Which one do you you think is better? the summoning permanent or timed?

{EDIT 1}
    I stand corrected, its with a "-" in the end..hehe
    Looking forward to the other disaster systems.Would you like to be trigger and spell maker for the project even if part time. I need some help with the triggering part to speed things up..

{EDIT 2}
    I need to get a consensus about something..Initially the plan was that there would only be 1 race which is the HUMANS..I'm considering dividing it into 3-4 factions based on the technology/techtree they specialize or excel at(SCIENCE&TECHNOLOGY,NECROMANCY&MYSTIC ARTS, NATURE&MAGIC)..THREE-FOUR factions that has the same base gameplay but distinct higher tier units,upgrades and building systems..ANd also I'm thinking of dividing the GODS into groups, and for each faction you could only build temples of the GOD from a certain GROUP.
    GOOD IDEA OR NOT?PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS.

ANNOUNCEMENT#1:To prevent the first post from stretching due to updates, I decided to sort them out into parts. Please do take time to read them because it is where the details for this map would be posted.THANKS
    ANNOUNCEMENT#2: I WILL MOST PROBABLY RELEASE THE TEASER/DEMO video of the MAP ON NOVEMBER 24, MY BIRTHDATE :mwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
  10. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great idea as I've already said, as long as balancing doesn't become an issue!

As for the God/summoning I personally think if it is incorporated it should be timed otherwise it'll just turn into a hero-fight-fest :S and destroy most strategy elements unless of course you made the heroes dead weak... but what kind of gods would they be then? lol

11. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same point of view, this is a good idea.

12. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Timed better, Idea from Age of Mythology I guess :gg: love that game, don't tripple/double/quatro post please, use the EDIT button.

13. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    SO timed it will be, Age of Mythology is a great game indeed! That and other rts and city building games that I played like the ANNO series,Black&White2,Battle for Middle Earth etc. has been very influential in the creation of this map. Quoting other people's post count as 1 post? I'm not aware of it so apologies for multiple posting..

Contrary to previous announcement with regards to the release of a teaser/demo map, a video demo of the gameplay would be released instead as per recommendation of Grey Nightmare..

UPDATE!UPDATE!
    •I reformatted the first post, I organized the updates such that details on different aspects of the game would be divided into parts..PLEASE DO TAKE TIME TO READ THEM..
    •Screen shot:eek:verview map of the terrain

14. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got an idea!
    It's called city looks.The people get + or - to happynes.Like if you want + you build flowers,statues and fountains and if you want to make them obey your evil rule you make them scared by building Cauldron with heads,Chain Posts,Cages,Heads on spears,IronMaidens (no not the band) and torture tables.

15. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice..I was actually thinking of ways on how the decorative things that peasants build would affect the game..Initially I thought it would add up to the City's Impressiveness rating(see first post for details) but then it can easily be abused since these things costs less gold. I would make it affect the happiness rating instead.

16. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok also the - could be used to scare the peasents from revolving,usefullfor evil players :infl_thumbs_up:

17. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tyranny yikes hehe..Any more ideas with regards to the unit types? Grey Nightmare and I are actually starting to make the tech tree for the first faction, The EMPIRE(tentative name), they specialize in science and technology stuff..I was thinking, steampunk-renaissance style..mechanical golems, steam tanks, gyro copters,things like that..I thought of making them look like Leonardo Da Vinci's sketches of war machines..e.g oversized ballista..just my thoughts, feel free to suggest your own..

18. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you dont want people to make mass of those building just limit them ;-)

19. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    The cities look more alive with those stuff around houses:xxd:

20. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes but you said "it can easily be abused because they cost less gold" so...