1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gods and Empires- CITY building/RTS

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by pangahas, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    player limit? no good. it's no good to not be able to learn the map at custom game by myself.

2. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't quite understand what you mean.?

3. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL i just cant wait to play this map!
    I could help with terrain,triggers and ideas.
    +REP for you!

4. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I already finished doing the terrain part.I'm doing the triggers now, what type of triggers could you make in relation to my map? I would gladly like to hear any ideas you have for this map, if I like them I'll implement them.

5. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well in triggers i can olnly do the most basic stuff.And i dont really know much about the map so I dont have any ideas YET,btw how many races will there be?

6. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    quick question are you going to add some triggers that spawn creeps or hostiles like rebellions if your citizens are being killed by you?

7. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's the point ? Do you think he just copy/paste AoM ? ~~

I want to play this map, it really looks like my civilization map but there are differences that I appreciate and I really want to see :)

8. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    YOU can know more about the map by going over the updates and the descriptions I provided on my first post, as for the question on how many races will there be..Well for the first version I would just be using 1 race..Humans,the basic techtree would be the same for all players and depending on which God you choose the upgrades, building alignments,unique units and GOD powers would vary.

{EDIT}
    There would be neutral hostile spots throughout the map and if ever you would kill your own citizen it would increase your evil alignment.Whenever your evil alignment reaches a certain percentage it would unlock upgrades and some unique units.When you reach ultimate evil alignment you cannot convert back to being good and vice versa. Every building you make or actions you take will increase either your good or evil alignment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
  9. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Idea!

I GOT AN IDEA!!!

K so when the people chose their god to be pyramus they change into orcs!And by orcs i mean followers of the got pyramus who are very strong but stupid :ugly:.

10. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm I don't think that would fit the theme and the overall story the map is based on ,I don't like the map to be another orcs,elves cliche type of map..But when you choose Pyramus as your God your units would mostly be militaristic and much like the orcs they like going to war and also when you choose Pyramus you'll have better upgrades of weapons and armors.

11. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, ok , ok do we have a god of death?

12. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    YUp, that would be Zharakum, Vestra's brother..MAybe you could help with making ideas about the powers(spells) of each GOD.I want them to be unique..
    AS soon as I have free time I would be posting the descriptions of the other GODS..

13. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok first the spells for Nerom (he'll be some guy on a flying horse right?)
    1st Blinding light - the targets get stunned and slowly start losing hp.
    2nd Demigod -when casted on a frendly female unit , after 9 seconds a child with super powers is born
    3rd Flamestrike- the horse firis several fireballs around him (kinda like the wardens first spell)
    4th The hero turns int oa gaiant fire orb ,he becomes immune to spells +9dmg +hp

14. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOVE the 2nd spell,made me laugh..Spell name could be like KING'S BASTARD.lol.Keep them coming, All suggestions would be considered..I need an expert spell maker though to make the customs spells for me, I could only do simple custom spells..Ei trolman, I appreciate your interest for this project would you like to be idealist for the project?I need more ideas aside from mine..Suggestions on any aspect of the map like gameplay and mechanics are most welcome..

15. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well im a pritty big n00b spell maker.
    Ok ill be the idealist :smile:.Also why dont you have an avatar?

16. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    You spoke about a god of death.
    It can has spells like...
    Deceases - Kills citizens and slow growth rate
    Touch of death - Turn a unit into an undead, changing stats
    The Ripper - Allow the player to use a deadly unit
    Evil Presence - Make the process to become an evil ruler faster ? Or just increases evil points ?

Is Pyramus the god of war ?
    If yes...
    Battle Lust - Just a mass blood lust (maybe changing lust effect like adding damages or hp regen)
    Avatar - Target a unit. The god just incarnate throught the unit
    Endless Conquest - Highly increases a military aspect of the player but force him to fight every time he can (maybe disable allies when used?)

17. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should get a website set up! That would be extremely useful for archiving stories/history and loading videos/pictures up. Even just a free one at webs.com or somewhere might be worth looking into!

and a banner or something would be great advertising! A flash one to put in signatures or even as avatar pic... =) This has great potential and it's worth the effort :p

EDIT:

Wow that's a nice idea but why not just cast an everlasting bloodlust (or variant of) on all units? When it's active? Like a global bloodlust.

Increase attack speed/Movement Speed and decrease armour.

Or perhaps even add an ability and trigger that stops them from being able to hold position/stop like true bloodlust ^.^

EDIT 2: Or perhaps a really dangerous one (as in could be either crap or to uber) Give all military units vampirism aura and health degeneration but make the vampirism aura slightly outdo the degeneration.

On top of that give the combat bonuses of course. But this would most definitly force you to fight! lol

BACKGROUND UPDATE 2/11/09

as requested by pangahas here is Yelihr's background, hope you all like it =)

Yelihr god of deception/manipulation and persuasion.

Yelihr is a most unusal god. His arsenal contains deception, manipulation and persuasion.
    This can prove to be a devastating combination, everything he says seems like the truth
    but nearly everything he says is a lie and when it isn't he often wants you to think it is.
    He uses words and actions to confuse and often drive his enemies insane.
    He loves playing with humans and finds their gullible nature an excellent source of entertainment.
    Yelihr is believed to be a shapeshifter and is often thought to take the appearance of a human
    and spread lies and deceit that result in suicides, divorces, beheadings and various other
    results he finds amusing. Yelihr on more than one occasion has gone to far and tried to ignite
    feuds between the gods themselves and on one occasion very nearly succeeded but was thwarted
    by Aidous who informed Nerom. Nerom threatened to cut out Yelihr's tounge should he ever
    tryattempt such a malicious act again. Pyramus has shown great interest in Yelihr, although he
    disapproves of his methods he relishes in their results and in turn considers Yelihr useful,
    if only he could be tamed. Yelihr's symbol is that of snake constricting a skull, symbolizing
    the slow, painful and complicated demise that awaits his foes.

Skills: Based on a typical 10 level hero build.

Three Basic:

Lips like honey, words like poison.

This skill will immediately convert targeted enemy villagers to your side.

Increasing the level will increase the amount converted.

Cause Unrest
    Attempts to cause a rebellion at target location, chance to cause rebellion and rebellion size are increased with level.

:It was him!

This ability will turn enemy units in an area to neutral hostile for a period of time representing a civil war/disagreement due to Yelihr's interference.
    AOE of and time staying neutral hostile will increase with level.

What's your's is mine. - ULTIMATE (Level 6 ability)

Timed ability, time increases with level.

Yelihr transforms into a human peasant of a random (or picked?) enemy team, this peasant is not directly
    controllable by Yelihr's owner but will automatically walk around and attempt to cast 'create unrest' on friendly (this will technically be enemy to the owner of Yelihr)units, approx 1 casting every 30secs to a min. This spell will be a long one 5mins or so and if Yelihr is killed while in peasant form he is immediately returned to his real self but all his ability cooldowns are reset (must all recharge) and he has no mana.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  18. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice ideas everyone, I just hope a good spell maker could join us with this project..

19. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree tottaly with Grey Nightmare, advertising your map is a very big plus in adding fans/players, BUT only after (or at least near) the map is finished.

Have you tried the Project Recruitment Section?

20. pangahas

pangahas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I did, I actually posted there but everyone seems to be occupied with their own projects..