1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

GhosT's Full GUI Full Screen Inventory v2.1

Submitted by GhostThruster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I KNOW I POSTED ANOTHER THREAD, BUT I CAN'T UPDATE ON THAT ONE COZ IT GOT REJECTED!

Tired of those primitive, slow and hideous Full Screen Inventories?
Well then get mine! In full GUI, even a duck could edit and use this system! Don't like rough and laggy gameplay? Well then download this effective, leakless beauty!
Download now and all you gotta pay is 1 rep* to me(that was a joke)!
What are you waiting for? Click down below (not the report button) to start your download!

MPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKSMPILEFT-CLICKS

This system is made completely by me, and in full GUI. Inisde is some instructions and info. I know this isn't the best fullscreen inventory, but it is the best GUI one. It works properly and efficiently, and many will find it useful(mostly beginners), but it can never live up to JASS standards. No bugs or leaks as far as I know.
The basic principle is to detect the position of a selected dummy unit, move a pre-saved dummy destructable there, and clean up the after-effects. Most of the stuff is done for you, the only trigger you really need to edit is 'Init'.
To import it into your map, I'd recommend exporting all object and trigger data, and import it into your map, and set up your interface by placing doodads and editing the trigger 'Init'.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE IT OFFICIALLY(preferably a 5).

Credits:
ME-Don't forget to credit me!
Kitabatake-Armour model
Tr!kzz-Sword model
ikillforeyou-Helmet model
perfjert-Shield models
Anachron-models and idea

<<Changelog>>
v1-uploaded
v1.1-added Multi-board, cleansed variables, shortened triggers substantially, fixed Hand Slot bug, got rid of most leaks
v2-Triggers improved substantially, removed the Multiboard, added left-click, MPI bitches!
v2.1-Triggers shortened alot, re-added MPI Multiboard, cleared some object data

Still Have to:
Add swap items trigger

OLD THREAD IS HERE:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/ghosts-full-gui-full-screen-inventory-v1-1-a-163488/

Have fun and give credits to me! You can edit as much as you want! GhosT

I KNOW I POSTED ANOTHER THREAD, BUT I CAN'T UPDATE ON THAT ONE COZ IT GOT REJECTED!

Keywords:
GUI, full, screen, fullscreen, custom, inventory, GhostThruster, GhosT, awesome, revamped, revived, MPI bitches, left click, Multi-board, item, equip
Contents

Ghost's GUI Fullscreen Inventory (Map)

Reviews
21:59, 4th Sep 2010 hvo-busterkomo: This can be approved as a sample of sorts.
  1. 21:59, 4th Sep 2010
    hvo-busterkomo: This can be approved as a sample of sorts.

2. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Just another full screen inventory system
    tragic...

i hope you're aware that another pretty good working inventory system already exists and it's coded in vJass

so what makes this any better than that?

3. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Please don't write crap posts. There have have been a total of 3 submitted FSI systems, including mine, atm. D4RK G4ND4LF is making another one, so yeah, 'just another full screen inventory system'. Don't call me tragic either, I bet you're pissed at me for getting facepalmed by me in another thread.

As you can see from the above quotes(and also if you've actually tested the map, instead of calling it lame), I am perfectly aware of Anachron's vJASS one, as well as Kingz's. I also know that they are better than mine.
    To be honest, I don't care. Mine is MPI and functions as best as it can. That should be good enough to be approved, in my opinion. I know it is harder to import, but also alot more understandable and easy to edit, especially for GUI users like myself.

4. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Can you link me to that thread?
    I can't recall getting facepalmed by a minority.

Just fyi any other system that lacks most of other same system is getting rejected.
    Instead of trying to make something identical of FSI why not try to make something easier? Or even better give up?

You already got a rejected FSI, let's see how it'll swing now.

5. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Ehm well a GUI inventory could always come in handy and I think kingz's inventory system is a bit buggy.
    Also, yes I know that vjass is way more efficient but a GUI version is great for those who don't know how to use vjass systems.

6. D4RK_G4ND4LF

D4RK_G4ND4LF

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Prince.Zero:
    you have a great talent
    you can people make dislike you very fast :ugly:

will take some more time
    after removing all all local player script data it still desyncs
    edit: thanks to the help of some friends I could track down the bug and found out it was blizzards fault (how could _I_ possibly make an error....EVER!!!....x)

@topic
    you should change "every 0.01" to 0.03 because it does not really make a difference visually but is like 66.66 faster :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  7. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wee, finally you updated your Inventory :) and now MPI? :O Weee, might be i can start Mapping then :p But the whole effort is deffo worth some +rep ;)

8. BotLoot

BotLoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    omg

I will be really glad when you will understood than some entities in the world dont use vJass for some reason.

9. Fisher621

Fisher621

Resources:
    Resources:
    This one is in GUI for us who doesnt know JASS or think its to hard or just doesnt bother, i hope you are aware of that.

EDIT: I agree with the guy one comment over me, + Rep for this. Great work really

10. deathdoorway

deathdoorway

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @prince You really are ignorant to people who prefer GUI over vJASS. It just proves to people that GUI can do anything jass can do it. To me i dont see how its soo much better if you make sure no leaks, and for limits with GUI codes you could also edit the system to make the differents up. Ever heard of Egui??? Just like vjass only gui scripted for us GUI people.

11. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Everyone who supported this: Thank you for giving me positive feedback. I agree with you guys that sometimes GUI is better than JASS. However, overall, JASS is probably better(f****** trackables, why won't you bee in GUI?). I hope people keep downloading and commenting on this system. Further updates, I may try to put the inventory in one place, add a MPI multiboard, and make the inventory unpreplaced.

@Prince.Zero: Please leave this thread if you haven't got anything either nice, or mean AND constructive to say.

12. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wrong. GUI is in fact JASS, so it's the other way around.
    Ever tried to use Trackables in GUI? :p You can't.

13. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Never tried to use trackables
    not 100% familiar with world editor, started 4 months ago

14. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Prinze.Zero.... stop being an immature douchebag, and act like you have some common sense -__-

15. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i'll take that as an insult.

As you can see i stated that i don't know what trackables are.
    Uhm... Can you haz brains?

16. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was an insult nub, and I have more of a brain than you apparently.... So now, either A] Say something helpful to him about the system, or B] Get the fuck out.

17. BoringEquations

BoringEquations

Resources:
    Resources:
    /facepalm

18. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes captain! Right away sir!

19. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Stop offending each other or I'll report this.