• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Get the latest version here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Includes: WarSocAPI, MouseAPI, WindowAPI, TimeAPI, BitAPI, I64API, MathExtAPI, KeyboardAPI, TriggerGroupAPI and CommonAI Imports

Requirements:
Warcraft III with Frozen Throne Expansion, using patch 1.21.
Also, please mind that your worldedit and war3 shouldn't be cracked, else this wont work.

Common Errors:
Make sure you extract with folder structure.
Make sure you don't use cracked versions of worldedit or war3.
Make sure you have the newest patch. (1.21 as of writing this)
Get support here.

Changelog

v0.01
Initial Pre-Release, never saw daylight.

v0.02
First Release on The Hiveworkshop, introducing 2 new API's.

v0.03
Added the possibility to start WorldEdit, effectivly allowing users to use the custom natives. Introduced 1 new API.

v0.10
Complete WarSoc Revamp, a Launcher made specifically for WarSoc, but can be used with regular wc3 too. Introduced 6 new API's.

API's by Release

v0.01
WarSocAPI

v0.02
WarSocAPI, MouseAPI and WindowAPI

v0.03
WarSocAPI, MouseAPI, WindowAPI and TimeAPI

v0.10
WarSocAPI, MouseAPI, WindowAPI, TimeAPI, BitAPI, I64API, MathExtAPI, KeyboardAPI, TriggerGroupAPI and CommonAI Imports

If you wish to comment on the current release, do so here.

Attachments

• RtC v0.10c.zip
    4 MB · Views: 2,596
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
0.10b - Small update / repack, fixed some issues people mentioned such as war3err not found and WarSocAPI not working.
Also added RtC.exe (see the install guide for more info, added a brief explanation there) and PitzerMike's demo map for MouseAPI.

Level 7
This is not about how many people want it.
There wouldn't be a Mac version even if 99% people were using it (actually, in that case, this project probably wouldn't even start). RtC is based on (and depends on) grimoire, a small WC3 and WE hacking tool. Grimoire only exists for Windows at the time of writing and that's unlikely to change because of how it works.
If a Mac version ever becomes a possibility, we'll consider it. Until then - Windows only.

Level 15
This is not about how many people want it.
There wouldn't be a Mac version even if 99% people were using it (actually, in that case, this project probably wouldn't even start). RtC is based on (and depends on) grimoire, a small WC3 and WE hacking tool. Grimoire only exists for Windows at the time of writing and that's unlikely to change because of how it works.
If a Mac version ever becomes a possibility, we'll consider it. Until then - Windows only.

meh..... if i knew how gimigore works i could get it to run on macosx

Level 7
> if i knew how gimigore works
No problem, the whole project is open source.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/w3grimoire/
You can find the stable source as well as the SVN info there.

> Is it compatible with TFT v1.21b?
JassNewGen is known to fail for some people who updated to 1.21b so chances are that RtC will too until a new grimoire version comes out.
Also, don't use RtC.exe if you patched your game, it will report the "file corrupted" error and offer to replace war3.exe with the old version.

Level 7
> Lua?
Er...what?
Grimoire is written in C(++) and Assembly. LUA are the config files, that's the least of your concern...

> theres a good way to use it for osx
"Good way", "might work", "it's a possibility" is far from "it works".

Anyway, 0.10c released, just updated RtC.exe to work with the 1.21b war3.exe.

Level 7
Warsoc right now has wrappers for most of the WinSock functions - this means that you can already use it for any kind of network access (under the condition you have some WinSock knowledge), including creating your own server/client for warcraft (at least you could before 1.22).
What we were working on before the patch was a higher level set of functions that would give you slightly less freedom, but would be much easier to use - that will probably be the thing most WarSoc maps will use.
There are no (large) projects scheduled right now - we were mostly making small maps that would test one specific thing and then scrapped them (i.e. chat map, movement sync map). Final release will probably come with a (relatively) simple PvP demo map.

Level 19
there wont be "will" MindWorX doesnt love us anymore and he wont make something for us

what cracked version anyway ?
New versions work without crack on pirate copies :/

Level 2
Wait, so unless i missed it somewhere, can someone please tell me why exactly
i have to install this as another application, even tho its a single WC3 map?

Level 9
Lazy lazy make it for Mac! thats now 4/30 4 8 12 16 20 24 28 30. More then 10%. Go port the thing that it's based on. No excuse now, if someone bothers to port those PC tools, then he might get more reputation and more downloads.

Last edited:
Level 2
Better make that public interface making it possible to integrate self-made-dll's, which should be released at the end of april^^

Status
Not open for further replies.