• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Get paid for triggering! Literally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone. A while ago I have listed a thread where I was looking for people ready to trigger my old map for me [here]. I have received a considerable response and project is moving forward in a steady pace.

People who have been involved in this project involve:
Flux - main coder
APproject - leading mapper
Marshmallo - former mapper

All people above are/were getting regularly paid for their work and I am sure they will be happy to confirm that.

I was not skilled to further develop this project as well as I run my own, very successful business based in UK. I have had an initial discussion with few big game developers and they like the game idea. Because I am a very serious and respected businessman, well-known in certain areas people take me seriously, but it would help to have a proper Proof of Project.

After creating initial, very promising results I have recently had a meeting and leading game designers from a global and very well respected company and they are very interested in further development of this project. This has also lead to their decision to set a deadline to see it fully running which is January.

Flux and I had a discussion that due to a workload still ahead of us and limited time he can offer, it would be best to find another coder to support him with the work still ahead of us, and there is still plenty to do. Flux created the project to be team friendly on GitHub so someone familiar with the infrastructure would be great. There are a lot of custom systems in the map already so initially you will have to familiarise yourself with what's already there, Flux is happy to teach you the ropes.

Map itself is a very advanced Vampirism game, this is an arena fight between Ancient Evils and Living Beings. Ancient Evils gain Blood as their primary resource and Souls as a rare secondary. Humans gather Wood as a primary resource and Souls as a rare secondary. Both teams have third, team resource, God's Favor which can be used to affect game globally with researches and upgrades available. This resource is also a game ending factor should that be saved for long enough. This is gained in various ways, starting from killing enemies and controlling Obelisks which are key to the game. There will be a few neutral units camps around the map for farming, for both Evils and Humans to gain early resources. Humans gather wood from lumber bases, special locations and lumberjacks and Souls by destroying Soul Prison either on a Graveyard or Wealthy Tomb. Evils gather souls by killing Human heroes or certain human structures and blood periodically and by killing anything that's classed as enemy. Wealthy Tomb, Graveyard and a Cathedral are classed as holy places and deal damage to Evils the closer they are to either Soul Prison or Statue in Cathedral. Unlike in other similar games to this project, no death is permanent and game itself is based on God's Favor. Game ends when either side summons game ender, either Prime Evil or Divine Being.

There are still few heroes to finish, plenty of spells, units etc. Quite a few items for both sides, but nothing very complex. Loads of structures and other related triggers, like multiboard, resources, global favor usage, texts and time events, hero and builder selection process, obelisk controlling, mini quests on the map.

Want to earn some decent money? Don't waste your time. Salary negotiable just as it was with everyone else.

Level 31
Hey. In addition posting few WIPs on the terrain.
XyPLQQG.png

EBMOl5P.png

dJ3OUtH.png

UL1zwoS.png

Level 22
I should mention that you don't have to be great. You just need to know vJASS. If you can't create complicated spells, that's also fine in fact I enjoy complex spells more than simple spells (it's like a challenge) so I will most likely end up doing the complicated stuffs.

Overall, I'm very busy and we might not meet the required deadline so we need some help in the coding department.

You can ask me for more details.

Level 11
This looks interesting to me. Game concept is simple yet interesting, and the terrain art looks beautiful. Even without paid it will still caught my eye (but honestly it is because the "paid" that caught my attention at first lol), so what you lack is basically coder(s)?

Level 6
@up

Yes, we only require an extra coder(s). Everything else is taken care of as it's a pretty much already fully designed project. The concept may appear simple, but behind the scene is nowhere near simple and easy, hence the interest from the GameDev giants. The only changes in the meantime were small balance tweaks.

Level 22
Cool.
So you use a command to put the code into a j file
The j file is put there the usual way (in Windows, Right-Click -> New -> Text Document with j file extension) not via git. But using basic linux command (e.g. ls, cd, pwd, touch, rm, etc.) in git bash is fine too but I find the usual way easier.

use git add > git commit > git push ?
Correct

Level 22
Manual Step? If you mean a new import directive, it's kind of like that. Each folder in the main project folder has a file called "import.j" which contains all the import directive of all files in that folder. When a new file is added, I just manually placed a new import directive in its appropriate import.j file. It's not that annoying, and it serves like an enable/disable controller. I remove the '!' char to make it into a comment and temporarily not included in the compiled script.

vJASS does not have native git supports so I have to apply a few "good enough" workaround. If you want native git support, I highly suggest writing in WurstScript.

Pushing the git repo is simple, no extra stuffs needs to be done.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Well, if I develop something in the WE and then want to update it I have to take the code and put into the .j file and then do the git commands.
It is mostly an annoying step, but it's not a big deal.

And what if I make a spell, you put it in the map, 1 week later I update to version 1.1 do you have support for easily updating in that case?
In javascript (node js) you can install the latest version of a library by just writing "npm install" which will take the latest version of all dependencies.

I am not complaining I am just curious.

Level 22
@Chaosy
No, I edit the j files directly using VS Code with Wurst Extension. It's good enough for vJASS and has auto-complete, function list and highlights most vJASS keywords because of Jurst.

About the automatic updating of dependencies, Wurst already has this called WurstUpdater.jar that automatically updates all WurstPack including the standard library which contains most of your code dependencies. It really is great, I encourage anyone to try it out. Unfortunately, I didn't learned all of its potential earlier so I end up doing this project in vJASS plus it's more difficult to get coding help if this is written in Wurst.

Status
Not open for further replies.