• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edit map to include racial pick (Get paid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

My request here is a bit on the larger side of things.

I have made my map Final Epoch, and it's shaping up to be really nice.

I am new to mapmaking, so there will probably be some questionable triggers and stuff in there.

Now, when I initially made the map, I just made Player 1 be Orc, and Player 2 be Human to start things off. They spawn as those races, there's no player-choice in this matter.

Now, what I am requesting from you guys is the following:

- Download the map.
- Open it, have a quick look at it, you'll quickly get the gist of it (It's a Castle Fight type map).
- Evaluate if it's possible, given the map's current state, to create a racial selecter in the begging of the map for each player.
- Evaluate how to do it, and help me do it.
- Calculate your price for your services.

I am willing to pay for someone to help me with this. I realize you guys do everything here out of sheer good will, but I personally consider my request to be on the larger side, and not something that we can fix by posting on forums with trigger images and explanations. It will take time, and it will take work.

I have PayPal which I can transfer the required amount from - so please, setup a PayPal account, if you wish to help.

In big parts, I will try and fix the existing triggers to match the new state of the game. If you're able to handle the existing triggers to carry over into the new version, then that's more than appreciated, but not a requirement.

The reason for the request is simple: I want to be able to create 4-8 races in total, and the choice has to be made in-game.

Please, also note: As part of this project, a requirement (read: wish), is that when you select your race, the specific racial buildings that you see preplanted ingame today (Fortress, Castle, Warmill, Blacksmith), will became racial equivalents (Necropolis, Tree of Life, Graveyard, Hunter's Hall) when you select your race.

Please guys, let me know if anyone wishes to take on this project. And if not, that's completely understandable as well.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Final Epoch.w3m
    152.5 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.