• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Questions

Level 48
Yes. Well, kinda...
Mr.Goblin has received a virus in his computer that he will fix as soon as he can, but for now, while he waits for his friend to help him out, he focuses completely on his own concept art and such.
This means that we basically can't do anything, because the map is in his hand at the moment; We asked him to finish the terrain, and a few days later, this damn virus appeared.
Well, we imported all the spells and object editor data from the old map to the new map, and we imported most of the art as well. I also have been working a bit more on the Troll Destroyer model, but not much, because it's pointless; When Goblin comes back, he has to finish the terrain, finish like three skins and a lot of icons before he can start working on the Troll Destroyer's skin.

Level 7
?Question here? When you guys were showing the death knight and his new tornado ability in the video on youtube, I noticed that the version there had a cape. Is the cape gonna be added in the future demo of the horde, and if so i think the cape should have some rips in it. Your death knights cape was looking fresh lol. here a few sprites from the death knight in war2 so you understand what im saying.

deathknight.png

EDIT: I didn't even see the post about Mr. Goblin's virus there, try the "Microsoft security essentials". It is one of the best virus program i have used. AVG, and a lot of big name companies are horrible in protecting the PC, i been through them all so i know the feeling. Try to download MSC and run a scan to see if it takes it out.

Level 1
While I liked the hero mechanics from ladder, it always felt like they also robbed some value from the army games (except for the aura abilities, of course). I suppose this is the reason why you chose to remove heroes entirely.

Perhaps, a player could receive upon starting a random basic unit named for a warcraft 2 hero, such as a Danath footman or an archer Alleria. Provided space isn't problematic, said units could also have the custom models.

Level 48
Linaze, why would you give false information to our fans? :D

We are currently working on that major update we were talking about 1-2 months ago. :p Not so major for most of you, I guess, but it'll include a lot of stuff. It's bigger than the LAST 'major update', either way. Since it's very close to be done, no hints or 'teasers' will be given, except for what we already revealed before: It will include the new map and terrain(replacing the old map\terrain, as it somehow got screwed up and the cliffs were places incorrectly).
Note: When I say it will include the new map, I mean it will include screenshots and information about the new map. The demo is still a while away.

Level 1
Possibly, you may be intrested in these models made by modelers from @ Community.

Attachments

• HumanChurch_byKet.rar
    93.7 KB · Views: 111
  • MageTower_byRedXIII.rar
    99.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 48
Is that like a 'campaign' from 'the site' to invade the Hive and shove your damn resources everywhere? You're like the 3rd person I see invading project threads and going all "HI YOU SHOULD USE THESE MODELS FROM OUR AWESOME RUSSIAN COMMUNITY".

No, we don't want RedXIII's models. We've considered the possibilities, but they just aren't up to our standards. They look pretty bad, to be honest.
Ket's church is much better, but we're not going to use it either because we don't have a church building. Even if we had, we could make our own model.
Which also leads me to how 99% of the models are made by us. So suggesting models from other websites or even from the Hive's model base is not really helping us. We are fully capable of producing our own models.

Oh, and one more thing. It's against the rules to post the name of 'the site' or any links to it, simply because it supports ripped models and contains many ripped models, which is illegal, and is definitely not supported here. We are a civilized community, thank you very much. :/

Level 24
The main problem with them, if I remember correctly, is the super-ugly red, demonic foundation of the buildings. Besides, buildings are file-size heavy and not really too important if you ask me.

Edit: The fact that you mention that one of his models aren't "that bad", speaks for itself. We're not looking for models that aren't "too bad", but ones that we're all happy with and are proud to import into the map.

Last edited:
Level 24
Yeah, I actually had the buildings on such foundations in an early version of SoC, but I figured blizzard buildings are good enough. We will have a few custom building models as we've said before, but they'll not be the ones made by Red_XIII.

Level 7
@Kam

Summer Tree
ReplaceableTextures\LordaeronTree\LordaeronSummerTree.blp

Fall Tree
ReplaceableTextures\LordaeronTree\LordaeronFallTree.blp

Level 48
Well, currently development is basically on-hold.
You can blame Linaze for that; Ever since School started, he does absolutely nothing. Currently, SoC is on the hard-drive of a laptop which's screen broke. Linaze is apparently too busy(or lazy) to get SoC from that old hard-drive.

On the brighter side, literally ALL models are completely done, except for the Goblin Ace, which only needs animations. I will post some updates and screenshots soon. :)