• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Noob Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Here is a thread devoted for anyone new to ask noob modeling questions, and people that know the answers can help those people. in this noob modeling FAQ don't hesitate to ask a question or even just give a modeling tip so noobs can go through and see the answer to they're question without haveing to post it. anyway ask away.

!!!THIS IS STRICTLY FOR NOOB QUESTIONS!!!

Level 9
Question 1: Why don't my GMax animations work?

i guess i will take the first post aside from thread creation becouse i have a noob question. why does my model not work? i made the model in discreets GMax put in animations exported it and the animations with the DEX exporter into a .txt file erased the extra stuff saved it as a .mdl then used Yobguls file converter to make it a .mdx but when i upload it in the WC3 viewer and WC3 itself it doesn't move the animations don't work.

BTW sorry for double post.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.