• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i extract a WCIII unit file? I know noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I know this is a very noob question but i need to know how to extract a unit file from World Editor. My friend knows but he wont tell me... Please help.

Level 2
when you say unit file do you mean the model file???..since this is the models forum. Well if your talking about model then you need wc3 viewer which you can get at this site. In wc3 viewer you can open up the model and extract the mdx (model) or blp (skin).

Level 4
im sure exactly but the files should load up automatically if it doesnt you have to go into the war3 file and open a directory i think then when you click on the one you want you can save it to your desktop or whatever.
I'm not sure ecatly but befor i found out my grafics wasnt good enufe i read alot of tutorials for it but its been a while so sorry if i'm wrong
(Im getting a new grafics card soon so i'll have to learn this stuff again)

Status
Not open for further replies.