1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

General Questions

Discussion in 'Scars of Conflict' started by Linaze, May 9, 2011.

1. Victor

Victor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool project! Are there going to be attack upgrades for catapults/ballistas like in WC2?

2. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They'll use the Ranged Weapons upgrades.
    Also, good news everyone!
    Mr.Goblin is back, and promised to start working on SoC again 'soon'. :)
    Expect an update within a short while!

3. Killrogg Deadeye

Killrogg Deadeye

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've seen 2 custom heroes like Alleria, Mathog, Lothar and maybe Zul'Jin since there is an icon. Do you plan to have other heroes like Gul'Dan, Cho'Gall, Doomhammer, Uther Lightbringer, Turalyon, Khadgar etc...?

4. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No.
    Those heroes were created for the campaign. Since the campaign was canceled, those models are completely useless now. We might reuse some of them in one way or another in the future, however. No new 'characters' or heroes will be made, at least according to current plans.

5. Delterius

Delterius

Resources:
    Resources:
    While I liked the hero mechanics from ladder, it always felt like they also robbed some value from the army games (except for the aura abilities, of course). I suppose this is the reason why you chose to remove heroes entirely.

Perhaps, a player could receive upon starting a random basic unit named for a warcraft 2 hero, such as a Danath footman or an archer Alleria. Provided space isn't problematic, said units could also have the custom models.

6. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    any updates ;p?

7. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    no ;p
    But rest assured, by asking you will make the updates arrive faster. So please: keep asking for them!

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Linaze, why would you give false information to our fans? :D

We are currently working on that major update we were talking about 1-2 months ago. :p Not so major for most of you, I guess, but it'll include a lot of stuff. It's bigger than the LAST 'major update', either way. Since it's very close to be done, no hints or 'teasers' will be given, except for what we already revealed before: It will include the new map and terrain(replacing the old map\terrain, as it somehow got screwed up and the cliffs were places incorrectly).
    Note: When I say it will include the new map, I mean it will include screenshots and information about the new map. The demo is still a while away.

9. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Correction: The demo is far away. Don't expect it this summer.

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I demand it now. =p

11. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for shown interest, Kam. :)

12. Victor

Victor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Possibly, you may be intrested in these models made by modelers from @ Community.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is that like a 'campaign' from 'the site' to invade the Hive and shove your damn resources everywhere? You're like the 3rd person I see invading project threads and going all "HI YOU SHOULD USE THESE MODELS FROM OUR AWESOME RUSSIAN COMMUNITY".

No, we don't want RedXIII's models. We've considered the possibilities, but they just aren't up to our standards. They look pretty bad, to be honest.
    Ket's church is much better, but we're not going to use it either because we don't have a church building. Even if we had, we could make our own model.
    Which also leads me to how 99% of the models are made by us. So suggesting models from other websites or even from the Hive's model base is not really helping us. We are fully capable of producing our own models.

Oh, and one more thing. It's against the rules to post the name of 'the site' or any links to it, simply because it supports ripped models and contains many ripped models, which is illegal, and is definitely not supported here. We are a civilized community, thank you very much. :/

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    His temple of the damned isn't that bad. ='(

15. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The main problem with them, if I remember correctly, is the super-ugly red, demonic foundation of the buildings. Besides, buildings are file-size heavy and not really too important if you ask me.

Edit: The fact that you mention that one of his models aren't "that bad", speaks for itself. We're not looking for models that aren't "too bad", but ones that we're all happy with and are proud to import into the map.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  16. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see what you're saying. In response to the ugly red base I couldn't agree more, which is why I had that altered.

Attached Files:

17. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I actually had the buildings on such foundations in an early version of SoC, but I figured blizzard buildings are good enough. We will have a few custom building models as we've said before, but they'll not be the ones made by Red_XIII.

18. Illidan_Hunter

Illidan_Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does the project have any chances to be finished this summer? Or atleast a Beta version?

19. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There's no way the project will be finished this summer. There is however a chance that some sort of playable beta will be finished. It'll be easier to say later on, however.

20. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Were you able to fix the build animation on the Orc Shipyard?