• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Questions

Level 24
27zwy0g.jpg

Post any and every general question you have here that hasn't already been answered before (read: search prior to asking). A developer will try to answer an asked question as soon as is possible.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
This looks really cool

Hello, brand new here, just joined a few minutes ago. This looks really really cool. How will this be implemented? Like will it be a series of maps (A custom campaign) etc? or is it sometihng else? if so could you please explain, also does this have a possible release date yet?

Level 6
Nice job on getting a forum, this project looks really nice.

Question are there gonna be special maps like the siege of stormwind or lordaeron capital. Anything in those contexts or is it designed to be purely and alternate melee?

Level 48
We're using Warcraft 3 models for all buildings but the Temple of Sargeras, which will be worked on in a later date. We're also using a texture for the Dragon Roost though.
The Steelworks is a Bestiary and the Forge is the BETA War Mill(the War Mill without the saw blade).
We're working on something relatively big and rather anticipated right now. Estimated time to finish: 1-2 weeks. In my honest opinion, it's quite worth the wait. :D
And no, it's not a demo.

Level 48
Alrighty, if that's what he meant, here we go:

• Great Hall: Trains peons and upgrades to Stronghold and Fortress to enable further tiers.
  • Barracks: Trains Grunts, Troll Axethrowers and Ogre Maulers.
  • Pig Farm: Provides food.
  • Watch Tower: Defensive structure.
  • Shrine of Sargeras: Trains Death Knights and Warlocks.
  • Steelworks: Trains Goblin Sappers, Catapults and a flying unit that will be revealed later.
  • Dragon Roost: Hatches Dragons.
  • Forge: Contains defensive and offensive upgrades.
  • Sawmill: Drop off point for lumber. May contain upgrades.
  • Docks: Builds ships.

Level 24
It's not as easy as air countering naval and naval countering ground. Every unit (ground, air or naval) has one or several counters but also counters one or several units. Grunts, for instance, are effective against Axethrowers but weak against Maulers, just like Juggernaughts are effective against Destroyers but weak against Dragons.

Level 24
Perhaps Bloodlust will be featured in some form because it's of its symbolical significance, so to say. This is nothing we have planned, however. As for Runes, there are no plans for including this spell at all.
Can you elaborate on your Ogre Mauler? Could be pretty interesting to compare ours and yours.

It was a heavy melee unit with a medium Bash percentage and dealt extra damage to buildings. I had also used the one-headed ogre Stonemaul model.

From what I see many of the features of our projects are similar. I had more elaborate ship designs as well for a time. Orcs had a dummy transport that was indistinguishable from the normal one that had suicide. Humans had a ship that created a line of moving fire to torch enemy units.

Edit: If you want to take a look at the latest version I'm working on let me know. It might spark some ideas.

Last edited:
Level 7
We're working on something relatively big and rather anticipated right now. Estimated time to finish: 1-2 weeks. In my honest opinion, it's quite worth the wait. :D
And no, it's not a demo.
You guys are full of surprises huh! keep them coming.

Question - Since the ogre mage is gone do you consider a shaman for a orc healer or support caster who is able to cast bloodlust??

Opinion - The techtree you have now none of the units of the horde would fit that description to cast such a spell. Mr.Goblin made an amazing icon for a shaman which looks great and fits nicely with the ones made for this project.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnfrostwolfrider-162036/?prev=search%3Dfrostwolf%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Level 7
Oh i didn't even see that model you made there. I been on the hive for a while now and never saw it. It is a nice model. Ok mybad bout that there bro.

Since there is 2 casters i would not even throw bloodlust in the game (i saw a post you wrote about it was a possibility) I would give the warlock an ability to give them a frenzy like bloodlust and give it some name like demonic rage or something like that. Never heard you speak of any warlock spells yet so im still wondering what they might be. Im just sharing an idea thats all.

Level 7
Kinda! i didn't know the Ogre mage was taking out till yesterday and i saw bloodlust might of been in the game, which does not make sense. Only thing i would suggest is making it more like frenzy where the player will attack stronger (instead of attack rate) and lose health in the process. Because if it is a demon spell it should make the orcs bleed out slowly while under this rage. Like a Orc with demon blood (they turn into fel orcs (Stronger)). But of course give this to the warlock to boost his army and thats how i got the name Demonic Rage.

Edit: because the horde has no healing casters, and this spell will bleed them out. It will make players use the ability at the time of need.

And also for a "AOE" if you put one in for a warlock you should have it like the new warlock spell in WOW called the "hand of Gul'dan" dealing damage from a falling inferno meteor as a "AOE" a single cast instead of rain of fire where it has to channel. Each unit hit by the meteor will also take additional fire damage over time on top of the AOE damage itself from the impact.

Last edited:
Level 24
We'll have to see if there's room in SoC for a bloodlust spell, I guess. If we do include one, I'll be sure to take your suggestion into consideration.

Funny also how you mention an AoE ability for the warlock... we'll get back to you on that one.

Level 7
We'll have to see if there's room in SoC for a bloodlust spell, I guess. If we do include one, I'll be sure to take your suggestion into consideration.

Funny also how you mention an AoE ability for the warlock... we'll get back to you on that one.

Cool! anything i can do to help just gimme a holla. I really like to see this project reach 100%.

?Question? Can you upload a screen shot of the warlock, if it's completed?

Level 9
Cmon,removing D&D was bad enough,dont go the same way with bloodlust as well.

or the aoe ability for warlock is d&d?