• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game Rips Request thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since Hive is now allowing rips from other games I am willing to share my huge repository of wow rips, but I won't share them in their current state (their animations are a mess and not optimized for Warcraft III).

Request any kind of wow or other game rip model here and I will see if I have it. If I have it I will fix its animations and upload it, or if anyone with the skills to do so wants to rip it and upload it we will do so.

Last edited:
I had no idea that rips are now allowed, that's awesome!
Indeed! There is even a whole new section for it :p Ported Models | HIVE
You wouldn't by any chance have the Maw Necromancer or the Swamp Pet from the upcoming expansion?
Sorry I only have stuff up until Warlords of Draenor :p
Other than that I'm always interested in gothic architecture and statues. :)
I have some stuff you might like, but these aren't wow rips, but rather rips from a Unity pack that was purchased by another user and paid for by me to a modeller to convert. I could share them with you if the others are on board, and of course if you promise to not release any unprotected maps with them in it :D I wouldn't want them circulating before our project has been released (which will be fully open for everyone to extract whatever from it).

Level 9
Are there any in particular you want? :p
Well there are only 2 things i want from WOW the Floating Statue of Antonidas and The Statue of the Banshee Queen

kijX2a7.jpg

ep5OZqe.jpg

If you have those that would be totally awesome.

Level 9
Afraid not.
Hmmm..... It feels like i have seen this WOW rip antonidas statue i think from a map or a campaign? I don't quite remember. Anyhow if someone has this WOW rip model, pls send it to me (for those who are willing to though) i'm actually making a melee map that focuses on the terraning, that's why i want those models.

Can you make or does someone already have (i may have already seen it in a picture once) the WotLK Frost Wyrm Menu Screen as a menu model for War3 so that it could be used in a mod?

I was thinking about making a mod and thinking about how it would be fun to use that menu for the mod. But this is a 2021-2022 mod I am thinking about, still very far out, no pressure on this at all and if I research I might find that menu model already exists somewhere as an MDX. I dont really have experience looking for WoW RIP models nor knowing where to look for them, although I once or twice used mdlvis to port a WoW model five or ten years ago, but I assume that only really ever worked on 2005 m2 files.

Edit: So like even if I didn't use it and that mod idea fell through, it's a cool file that could be fun for modding.

Can you make or does someone already have (i may have already seen it in a picture once) the WotLK Frost Wyrm Menu Screen as a menu model for War3 so that it could be used in a mod?

I was thinking about making a mod and thinking about how it would be fun to use that menu for the mod. But this is a 2021-2022 mod I am thinking about, still very far out, no pressure on this at all and if I research I might find that menu model already exists somewhere as an MDX. I dont really have experience looking for WoW RIP models nor knowing where to look for them, although I once or twice used mdlvis to port a WoW model five or ten years ago, but I assume that only really ever worked on 2005 m2 files.

Edit: So like even if I didn't use it and that mod idea fell through, it's a cool file that could be fun for modding.
I have no idea how to make a menu screen, and I have no idea how to actually rip models. I only upload stuff I already have somewhere on my harddisk.

Here's a frost wyrm model at least, hopefully it suits your need; Frostwyrm WoW Rip

Level 9
Wow thank you so much @BardBord! This model would be great for my Dalaran map. But i just wanna ask shouldn't the left hand of antonidas be holding like an orb like thing just like in the picture.

You're welcome :) As for the orb, as far as I know, particle emitters and such effects can't really be ported from WoW models. The best way would be to create a hand node on the Antonidas model and approximate the orb effect with WC3 particle effects. Or an orb model could just be appended using attachments in the object editor. If you'd like me to create the attachment point I can.

Added two new packs of rips.

I also changed the thread a bit so it's more targeted at everyone who has the ability to upload rips. Almost like the simple resource edit thread, only for rips. Maybe we can have this thread pinned so it's more visible? @Ralle @Archian

EDIT: Also changed the title from WoW Rips request thread to Game Rips request thread.

Level 9
You're welcome :) As for the orb, as far as I know, particle emitters and such effects can't really be ported from WoW models. The best way would be to create a hand node on the Antonidas model and approximate the orb effect with WC3 particle effects. Or an orb model could just be appended using attachments in the object editor. If you'd like me to create the attachment point I can.
It's fine @BardBord i have already created an orb for his left hand. It is nothing more than just putting a blue glow texture in his left hand node, i tested it out yesterday and it looks quite similar to the picture so, thats a real treat from me:psmile::psmile::psmile:

Hey man, can I request base models of races? But I don't want them naked, I need them in simple/humble clothes like the starting ones (nothing fancy).
I should be able to do that. Give me some days, I'm quite preoccupied with work. Maybe I can do it this evening if I'm lucky.
Also, Arthas-Kerrigan HOTS skin would be THICC
Arthas with a Kerrigan skin or Kerrigan with an Arthas skin? I don't think I have either unfortunately.
are you able to get gimlis or gandalf the gray model from bfme1/bfme 2 game
Nope.

Level 9
Hello it's me *again* can i request for the banners of all races. It can be any banners either hanging ones, or the ones in a stick or in the wall, as long as they are representing the races.

Sorry for being a bit slow, I have been busy and stuff :p

Hello it's me *again* can i request for the banners of all races. It can be any banners either hanging ones, or the ones in a stick or in the wall, as long as they are representing the races.
I do have a lot of banners. Not sure if I have ALL the races, but I do have a lot.
@FeelsGoodMan, do you have the Yogg-Saron model? The animations messed up for me when I tried porting it.

Edit: Never mind, I've fixed it (somewhat) and it's now adequate for my purposes. But it still has issues, so I'm not going to post it unless someone reading this really wants it.
I do have Yogg Saron with some tentacles and stuff, fully animated if you're still interested.
dare i ask if you have any Nerubian models (units, doodads, buildings, really just any)? hive kinda needs some now since reforged exists...
I believe I do, I'll check later.
Hello again! I have a request for spiderweb models and spider eggs. :) Preferably more realistic than the WC3 ones (i.e. green and gooey)
I'll check in a bit, I might have some cocoons.

Level 18
Man, I've been waiting years for something like this!

Here's a list of stuff I'd like to see, in no particular order:
Jinyu
Hozen
Saurok
Virmen
Sha
Sprites
Pandaren spirits
Saberon
Fel Bat
Wrathguard (if there isn't already an alternative on Hive)
Wyrmtongue
Imp Mother
Aransi
Observer

I know its a huge list but obviously I'm not asking for anyone to do every single one. Its just a list of stuff I find cool

Hey man, any progress in getting them? not pressuring you or something, just asking. take your time :D
Haha sorry not yet :D I have the stuff I need for all of them, but it requires me to actually remove a lot of geosets from one model per race, and other things. Just remind me again if I'm taking too long.
Hello again! I have a request for spiderweb models and spider eggs. :) Preferably more realistic than the WC3 ones (i.e. green and gooey)
Sorry for taking long with this. I have a pack of eggs and webs, but I am having some trouble actually calculating extents and saving them in Magos. They break for some reason. If you want I can just send you the pack with all my attempts, then you can see which ones works the best for your needs?
Man, I've been waiting years for something like this!

Here's a list of stuff I'd like to see, in no particular order:
Jinyu
Hozen
Saurok
Virmen
Sha
Sprites
Pandaren spirits
Saberon
Fel Bat
Wrathguard (if there isn't already an alternative on Hive)
Wyrmtongue
Imp Mother
Aransi
Observer

I know its a huge list but obviously I'm not asking for anyone to do every single one. Its just a list of stuff I find cool
If you could maybe attach some pictures of the different models you want I will take a look. It's gonna take me some time to find all of those, but I am fairly certain I have a good amount of them.

Level 18
Haha sorry not yet :D I have the stuff I need for all of them, but it requires me to actually remove a lot of geosets from one model per race, and other things. Just remind me again if I'm taking too long.

Sorry for taking long with this. I have a pack of eggs and webs, but I am having some trouble actually calculating extents and saving them in Magos. They break for some reason. If you want I can just send you the pack with all my attempts, then you can see which ones works the best for your needs?

If you could maybe attach some pictures of the different models you want I will take a look. It's gonna take me some time to find all of those, but I am fairly certain I have a good amount of them.
I'm really tired rn, when I wake up tomorrow I'll send you some.

Awesome work man! This will help me so much! Very appreciated!

Can I also request female base models from each race too? Also with simple clothes (nothing too revealing).:grin:
Aw man, that's a lot of work :D I'll see what I have over the course of a week or two. Do you need all of them, same as in the pack I made?
First request reference: Fel Bat
Here you go; Fel Bats WoW Rips

Level 2
I would appreciate any type of human guard similiar to the wc3 footman and a human character male or female with grand marshal/judgement armor.

Also hurting for dwarves please and thanks.

Level 18
Time for my races of Pandaria request!

In order: Hozen, Jinyu*, Sarouk, Pandaren Spirits, Virmen

*These races may need some added attachments to make them work logically but you do you

Attachments

• Hozen.png
    Hozen.png
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • jinyu_recolors.jpg
    jinyu_recolors.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • Saurok.png
    Saurok.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Elemental_spirits.png
    Elemental_spirits.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Virmen.jpg
    Virmen.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 135
Level 21

No worries! :) You can send them if you want, there's no rush really.

Status
Not open for further replies.