1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, May 27, 2011.

1. Xenestrasz

Xenestrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well for the mana crystal issue, I have a suggestion, make it drop as an item and sellable to vendors to get that 1 mana crystal resource(lumber unit). Make it only level 30 and above heroes being able to pick that up if your afraid how the the alt transferring issue is gona get exploited.

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I came up with a better idea. All created items in the game will now have an internal creation time stored to them. You simply can not pick up items that dropped before you picked your hero anymore.
    However, this does only apply to equipment items, not to spells, potions, etc.

3. Lembidi

Lembidi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool, is there has new heroes?? I want the new heroes!!

4. Risk.frishers

Risk.frishers

Resources:
    Resources:
    Much love to Zwieb finding a solution to the problem without hurting the game in ANY way!

5. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome glad to hear this! I think this is the perfect solution to the issue. Are loading codes still going to be restricted to two loads now? I almost don't see the necessities to limiting loads to two now that this is implemented and gear can't be transferred to alts. This would make for a lot less remakes and stuff if the two loads were removed.

6. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The 2 load limit is still there, to avoid other kinds of abuses which I dont want to mention here.

7. marko9

marko9

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this gona get continued or what!? I mean this project is on Hosted Project list and it has no Main Page!You guyz from this team should see to make people know what your doin!

Realy!

8. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Obliviously this is being continued. We have gotten updates and change logs and there have been mini updates preparing for 1.2.

9. MotherRussia

MotherRussia

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read the pages and you would be able to see whats going on. People need to stop trying to rush Z and his team on the new patch, i would rather wait and have a solid game then it be rushed and there be sloppy work. Patience is a virtue.

10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I like where this is going. You're the man, man! :p

To be honest: We didn't care for the project page yet. Sorry, but I simply do not want to waste time on something like that when I got other stuff to do. We already asked public wether someone wants to do this for us, but nobody volunteered, to the project page will remain empty until I got the mood for it .. which could take a while :D

For others that wait for 1.1j: Please be patient ... it's all a little bit more work than I expected. I'm investing almost all of my freetime, but since I am currently at home and not at the place I study at, I don't have a computer that can handle the world editor the way I want it to. Everything takes YEARS to save and load on this machine... :/
    Maybe I can do some progress tomorrow.

11. EotS.ImbaBest

EotS.ImbaBest

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all, i would like to commend Ziewbelchen's excellent job and effort put
    into creating this wonderful RPG for all of us.

Secondly, i want to say that a storyline is an excellent suggestion raised to be placed on the "to do" list for the upcoming updates. I noticed that most
    of the quests are standalone and have absolute no link to each other. There is hardly any quest or info related to the plot behind "Gaias retaliation" between the journey from the Inn to Mytargas( or perhaps from
    the starts) This is such a waste! There is so much that could be developed in this area.

1) For example, Casimir in dungeon 1 would be an excellent candidate. The story could be crafted such that Casimir would join the fight.

2) The boars that were captured could prove some use especially since there are boars in the city kept in captivity as well.

3) The refugee camp has also potential role in creating a greater understanding between the high class and the poverished. "In a time of crisis, will they put behind their differences and unite as one?"

These are just part of my train of thoughts. There's so many ideas that i'm so excited to share but i don't intend to burden you with such high expectations.

The storyline will have several advantages:
    1) Keep beginners interested and entertained
    2) Allow the game to have a purpose rather than appear to
    be just a hack n slash game and hunt for items.
    (People with good teams probably doing this. Just applies to Noobs)
    3) Dedicated players get bonded to the game as it causes the game
    to have an even greater RPG feel to it.

Last but not last, more AI bots like Casimir will be heavenly ( probably difficult
    to reach there ). Somone mentioned about soldiers already fighting bandits. That's great!

Once again, i have to say that i love your map man! Keep up the good job!

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Well there ARE actually story fragments in Gaias yet. But I agree that the overall "impact" of the spore contamination regarding quests is rather low yet. I didn't want to add story elements in the first levels, to be honest, as I simply could not find a way to link the story to the lowlevel fed-ex quests.

Theres Gaias Retaliation Part I and Part II existing now, which develope the main story a little bit.
    I plan to continue this quest chain and open some other "main paths" in 1.2.
    So don't worry; I won't forget about the background story - it was just not the right moment to implement more story before level 50.

About casimir: he has a little secret, which he didn't tell the players yet. He will have his appearance in 1.2 again.

PS: computer problem solved :D ... starting to code again this afternoon. :)

13. Shanchi

Shanchi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick question.. why do even need another class?? its tremedously that's i dont think we really need make another branch of class instead adding more advance jobs option... since if this new class coming out as [Mail] armor + dps or whatever.. should that replace Bard/Hunter/Necromancer/Sorc more than going D3 or D4 upcoming??

for example:
    D3 group: Monk/Sin/Berzerk/Cruz/Bishop [or Druid]
    Monk is already the most 2nd stronger tanker in D3, even healing with S.P equipments + atk speed to denied vamp marks against lady, plus he had even more advantage with his steel-body while running from enemies from producing threats.

Now.. for after the class with mail coming out.. if it a dps type + mail armor which could overcome hunter/necromancer/sorcresss.
    D3 group: Monk/Bishop/[New class]/Berzerk/Druid
    This is become a real issue to the upcoming, because just like i said... new class coming out, and other classes is being denied for D3/D4 upcoming.

well.. that's all idk... its just one of my opinion.

14. 3kalp

3kalp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually in my opinion that needings are only trolling the game-play. Like ooo we need bishop we cant do d3, ooo we need crus we cant do d3. I dont like this kind of MUST BES. So Adding 1 more tank or healer is not a bad idea and u can be sure people wont deny other tanks just to play with new one. There will BE a balance between these tanks and having the people's selfish nature in the hand, how can someone stop playing with his own strong tank and start new one? Everyone will start but just some of them will use it. And these people will be the ones which already finished his own heroes. And as new features come in right time they will always return to their main heroes.
    So i just say dont worry about it. :)

Also making mail gear heroes squishy is not so hard. So if one of the advanced new hero is a dps one then it can lose its health as other dps ones do. And giving heroes certain roles is just an underastimating. There is not just dps/healer/tank/support roles there are much more many.

15. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just a small update:
    I finished some more spells today (12/30 done) as well as all changes I still wanted to make to Gaias 1.1i.

1.1j will be coming soon.

16. LanderZ

LanderZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will 1.1j have the "internal clock mechanism" on all dropped items?

That notion contradicts your earlier comments of "Don't punish people for playing a role they didn't want to, in a group, when they'd rather get gear for another char".

If I want to gear up my Ranger in D3, but they need a healer, I'll use my Bishop. But I lose all that time/energy helping them, and gaining nothing, if I can't grab a new bow for my hero (assuming no-one else in the team wants/needs, etc.) when that was my original intention.

Farming alts is a viable point to this game. That's a good reason for 2 [and only 2] loads. I disagree with stuff done to prevent this, as did you at one point.

Also, would that timer screw gear up in your backpack? If you don't save often enough, would collected items vanish from the inventory?

17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    No, of course not. Why should they? the internal item clock is only for pick-up restrictions.

And I implemented this because the majority of the people demanded it.

18. LanderZ

LanderZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    Majority? I recall 4-5 people complaining repeatedly in numerous threads, myself.

These are also no people I see playing the support/necessary roles in groups, the odd time I've seen them on WC3. I often hear about how someone would rather not be the bishop, or a tank, but they do it anyway, for the good of the group. What possible benefit is there for them, if this is implemented, in sacrificing themself like this?

19. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Well, you could still rotate with some other guy who also got a healer character. Just heal the first 3 runs, then he heals the other 3, etc..

I know that this might be uncomfortable for those that want to train an alt, but I don't see a reason why it should be possible to give items to alts, especially when it requires to remake the game (due to loading limitations)...

20. ncommand-

ncommand-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zwieb, can we not even question the fact that inventory swapping is really really defeating the purpose of the "Grind" aspect for rpgs. People are getting bored with the game quicker than they should because they get every single class with max items, its kinda hard not to when u can just simply give items to a diff character, every run you can walk out with an item you need for a diff character.

just imagine WoW/LOTRO/Rift etc you find an item in a rediculously hard dungeon. You just log out, log in to a new character and "presto" an item!

I personally didnt even know about that glitch tbh, and its not fair to me along with the other many people who go each run on their new alts to get items.

I go in a dungeon, i dont find the item i need, "OMG I HAVE TO RUN IT OVER AGAIN!?" thats about the worst case scenario.