• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More footage. Next on the list is the terrain connected to the old tower - which is going to be awesome. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 2,839
Level 2
you're the one like a child posting stupid stuff like "waiting..."
when zwielb said no pressure on him , that's why he made that thread about how he was going on devolpment.

why you bothered when I say "waiting"?

a problem for you?

you just want to exist only

hahaha that is the nature of the child LOL

Level 13
less spam, keep on topic. Be patient, argue elsewhere. Looking forward to seeing more of this mysterious tower ziweb.

Level 2
Please keep the amount of flaming in this thread down to a minimum...

I'm currently experimenting with some new models I made, which are gonna be helpful for a new area of upcoming terrain. Stay tuned. :)

I'm sorry Zwiebelchen he started the case first..

Level 3
Greetings Zwieb.
First of all thanks for making this awesome map.
2nd I would like to tell you WHAT I THINK should be readjusted or added.

1. Magician's Fire Shield - Since you made this skill drop fast in low level outside bosses. Could you add 10 damage block or something on it? It is so fucking useless when you are going to solo and farm exp when other people are doing d3. I mean you use fireshield on yourself and you die easily.
2. Berserker's orange item - How about an item like Mjolnir? 10% lightning damage maybe? So that a sorc or necro's water globes would be more useful in boss fights.

Thats all for the moment.Im still thinking of other flaws. ^^
Thanks for your time reading this shit comment.

-Skidush

Level 14
1. Magician's Fire Shield - Since you made this skill drop fast in low level outside bosses. Could you add 10 damage block or something on it? It is so fucking useless when you are going to solo and farm exp when other people are doing d3. I mean you use fireshield on yourself and you die easily.

I disagree. The solo aspect is irrelevant since the map is balanced for teamplaying, nearly every class has at least one support ability (cleric - symbol of fury ...).

Level 3
So I'll another one

3. PVP/Attack command - I saw this earlier today. A lvl 15 squire and a lvl 8 squire rolled for the sword of the wolf. You guessed it. The level 8 squire won by 92 - 52. The level 15 squire got mad at him (i think) and pvp'ed him. Ofc the lvl 8 squire lost and he kept on repeating this until the lvl 8 squire was forced to leave the game. So I think there should be a 5 level gap when you pvp or attack someone. For example im 25 and I cant pvp or attack a lvl 19 hero.

Level 14
This has been discussed before.

There will always be a way players can hinder each other, like blocking, refusing to heal, pulling mobs, grabbing loot etc.
If you have someone in the team who refuses to cooperate and doesnt follow the rules, just dont play with him.

PVP isnt meant to be some way to punish people, its more like a mini-game.

Level 13
Plus, I;m fairly sure you said something along the lines of liking how people can backstab someone next to a boss at any point if they felt the need to. It's all about how you decide to play your character, and whos willing to accept that. The level 15 squire sounds like an ass, so don't play with him.

About the fire shield thing, it's not really a balanced skill full stop at the moment, the damage return is very minor. Currently, I'm fairly sure nearly every Sorceror or Necromancer would replace it.

Level 5
In fact, why don't you simply remove the -pvp command. Since there's a special arena for pvp only, I find this function very annoying according to people's complains about ruining a game. Nonetheless, you are right, you can decide who to play with, but one can never know for sure when someone is gonna react on a very bad way about something they didn't like.

I'm sure this has been disscused before, I don't remember.

Level 14
Yea i remember i used it once to let a Berserker jump on me when he got trapped behind Gaspode :D

But if you pvp them in a dungeon, they revive in the dungeon. The only way i see to throw someone out of the dungeon is to shieldslam him all the way down to the entrance...

Level 10
When you -pvp a player in a dungeon they become hostile towards you so they auto attack you. You just simply run away while they auto attack and let them walk themselves out of the dungeon. There's no actual killing of the player really.

Level 5
Sounds like you guys are very constructive about using all the features in game. I didn't think the pvp command could be used that way; very useful.

And please, I need to ask this: What's TBH?

Mountain area is almost completed now. Some more tweaks to the canyon, some details around the mage tower and another random 'vegetation only' area and its finally finished.

When this is done, I need to complete the last island of D4, which is probably not going to take longer than 3 or 4 weeks.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Sorry, this has been asked and answered before most definatly, but will the next version bring a code wipe or not? I ask cause if it will, i wont be playing Gaias until the release of it.

Sorry, this has been asked and answered before most definatly, but will the next version bring a code wipe or not? I ask cause if it will, i wont be playing Gaias until the release of it.
Depends on what features we are going to implement and what not. So far, it doesn't look like a code wipe is needed, but theres a 5-10% chance of it being untrue.

So you guys cept the B2M models and now you are expanding the map or you have changed the whole map o.0
I don't really understand what you mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.