• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
easy way to fix load bug maybe....limit -repick ^^
Seriously, we don't need suggestions on how to fix bugs. It doesn't help at all, as 99.99999% of the time I know the reason for a bug and can fix it in a matter of seconds.
I just don't want to upload hotfixed versions every day, so you guys will need to wait for 1.2 to have it fixed, as it's not a serious or gamebreaking bug (though I agree it could be abused to piss people off).

About release date of 1.2: Well, as Vito is back now, I think we will make some progress in the next weeks. I can't really tell how long its still gonna take. Maybe 2 or 3 months. I don't know.

Level 6
and im trapped in the airport in dubai but my flight goes back home in couple of hours and than i get decent hardware again. no 5 minutes to wait to open the map with the editor !

looking forward to it !

Level 6
actually it were a few countries in asia/south pacific and australia but i didnt worked at all just some weeks in australia thats the reason why i go back need the money :vw_death:

Level 1
actually it were a few countries in asia/south pacific and australia but i didnt worked at all just some weeks in australia thats the reason why i go back need the money :vw_death:

Sounds like a really weird job you have there. But you're lucky to even travel at all :'(. Glad to hear people are still eager to continue work and / or support this project. It's been 3 years, and I'm still hyped about it!

Don't worry, it's gonna be finished someday. We put way too much labour in this to let it die so fast. And there's a lot of terraining done now. As soon as I find the time to continue terraining the mountain area, I will upload new pictures and it won't take long from that point on.

Basicly, theres only two areas left: The snowy part of the mountains and the third island of dungeon 4. Still a lot of work, but it can be managed.

I was finally able to finish the dwarven village in the mountain area, which will be one of the 3 new main questhubs and the starting point of level 50 content.
More to come over the weekend.
The fog and light environment is btw not final - this is just the editor standard we use for making quick screenshots. In the final game, the whole scenery will look different from those preview pictures.

Attachments

• 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 2,664
Level 2
I was finally able to finish the dwarven village in the mountain area, which will be one of the 3 new main questhubs and the starting point of level 50 content.
More to come over the weekend.
The fog and light environment is btw not final - this is just the editor standard we use for making quick screenshots. In the final game, the whole scenery will look different from those preview pictures.

so beautiful terrain zwiebelchen keep it up !:goblin_good_job:

Level 6
its a railroad.....lets get into a train ;D

crusader of the lost treasure?

Oh wait.....could it be a nice music for this area?

I made a new DNC model for Gaias Retaliation, to make the nights darker without having to use annoyingly dense fog. Note that at nighttime, the overall terrain is still slightly visible (compared to dungeons, where the terrain not lightened by omnilights is completely black).

The pic shows the difference between the new DNC model and the wc3 standard.

Attachments

• newDNC.jpg
    newDNC.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 232
Level 2
You guys are great :) This map is just the best, I, just as everyone else, really can't wait for 1.2 :p

I always hope that soon, blizzard will once again increase the map size limit, so that Gaia can be even more awesome :D

The only thing, that in my opinion Gaias lacks, is the fact that your character model does not change after the class upgrade quest. I dunno if anybody here would agree with me, but I think that would be nice : )

You're great guys! Good luck, we're waiting for progress :D

Oh by the way, would be super if we could ride that railway on pic 35 at the dwarven village to somewhere xD

Level 1
character model change.., noo, they look different enough cause of the difference in equipment

This is quite pointless? I mean, you're not changing gear here, it's a CLASS change. Much like if you're going to tune-up a motor from 125cc to 1000 cc...you might notice a difference, huh?

But realistically, models would add a lot of KB to the map, isn't that right, Zwiebel?

Well ... other than the map space issue (sorry, we really can't afford that - a hero model is usally around 200-300 kb; multiplied with 10 classes, this will exceed 2 megabytes just for those models), I feel that it doesn't really make sense. Why should the looks of your character suddenly change just because you've learned something new?
In the end you wouldn't notice the different style anyway, as the equipment pieces are covering most of the model anyway - at least for non-cloth wearers.

Ingame footage of the new night lighting and a quick preview of the old mage tower in the mountain area.

The camera will zoom out once it is approaching the tower, to allow players to see the top of the tower and actually walk on it.
The tower appears smaller on this screenshot than it actually is. The basement of the tower covers almost a complete screen.

Attachments

• 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 325
Level 1
Ingame footage of the new night lighting and a quick preview of the old mage tower in the mountain area.

The camera will zoom out once it is approaching the tower, to allow players to see the top of the tower and actually walk on it.
The tower appears smaller on this screenshot than it actually is. The basement of the tower covers almost a complete screen.

Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

Level 4
:( this sucks... im moving abroad in 2 weeks to holland and wont get to play 1.2 til i get back in half a year rofl... I actually considered staying XD.... how pathetic.

first world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.