• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
if the map gets to big u could simple do a Gaias Retalitation Part2 map...
with only load, like legendary monsters & legendary dungeons maps
(btw theres some interesting trees inside too maybe)

Gaias is not suited to be a multi-map rpg. It was never intended to be such, that's why all the systems and stuff were never build for it. Changing it to a multi-map rpg will be extremely difficult. Anyway, over the years we got so used to keep the space of all our imports down to the minimum, that we don't have a filesize problem anyway. I don't know why everyone is scared about the. We aren't, at least.

Remember that there is still 2.3 mb of music in the map we can easily get rid off if we need more space. For now, the map is at (compressed) 7.5 mb, so there is plenty of space left for dozens of new model imports. With the new music system I created we can get rid of all the mp3 music and switch to importing single sounds, which will drastically reduce the filesize yet again.

Also, the map area can still be expanded to almost twice the size, so there is also no problem arising in the near future.

Zwiebel why are you and your team so awesome? I wish 1.2 would just magically be released tomorrow since with each feature you keep showcasing the harder it becomes to wait for next version, but take all the time you need. As always I'm sure v1.2 will be spectacular. it really seems like it will be a big update :]
Well the release date all depends on the terraining progress. Creating content such as bosses, talents and items and creeps is usually not that time consuming, just tedious.
It's sad that Vito doesn't do anything anymore. His design of the first two D4 islands was brilliant. I hope we can live up to his standards there, when I am done with the mountain terrain. I think his style of terraining is a little different from mine, but we will see.

The only thing that really is a limitation for us is calculating the damn shadowmap after everything is done. That's gonna take weeks for sure. :/

Last edited:
Level 13
Good to know about the space not being an issue, nice to know the game won't be done any time soon. Hopefully 1.2 brings some shiny new stuff that will yank me away from Diablo 3 for a while lol. Looking forward to seeing the finished terrain zwieb.

Level 6
i think zwiebel wont import enemymodells (maybe a special boss) cause these modells are to big and i hope he will save some space for further versions. (i guess we all do) Landscapemodells like rocks/trees/farns/housewalls quite small so u can expect much more modells of this stuff !

I finished the interiors of the dwarvenvillage which includes a tavern (with a 2nd floor) and a smith. All pictures are W.I.P. and no changes at all are done atm. (actually its the work of today) You can see few new modells like new walls and the beermug. (the walls for example have a size of 1-2 kb, so u might understand my stuff on the top)

Thanks to zwiebel for the nice modells. Hope u guys like it. Next work will be some more progress in D4.

Attachments

• Dwarf Interiors.jpg
    Dwarf Interiors.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 205
Level 6
okay ill try to answear the question:

vito is back, he was very busy but now we can looking forward to see whole d4 soon.

zwiebel has a lot of work the next 5-7 days so he wont do much on the map.

I created the vulcan island in D4 and now fixing the farmlands (the mapborder sucked) and also add a minidungeon which will be added in one of the next versions. (probably with a fix/update version of 1.2)

teh.fellow edited some grasmodells so he was reworking the old landscape mainly.

As u can see we still working on the map !

Level 6
just one thing i would like to know the most if its the save glitch fixed the one Tsumo always use to ruin ppl game so they cant save, he loads about 3-4 times in a row and then it breaks the save system bcuz it says (Error or something like tat, please try again) and that forever till u make a new game just

Level 1
okay ill try to answear the question:

vito is back, he was very busy but now we can looking forward to see whole d4 soon.

zwiebel has a lot of work the next 5-7 days so he wont do much on the map.

I created the vulcan island in D4 and now fixing the farmlands (the mapborder sucked) and also add a minidungeon which will be added in one of the next versions. (probably with a fix/update version of 1.2)

teh.fellow edited some grasmodells so he was reworking the old landscape mainly.

As u can see we still working on the map !

No one ever said work was halted, I just mentioned how "silent" things went.

Level 6
just one thing i would like to know the most if its the save glitch fixed the one Tsumo always use to ruin ppl game so they cant save, he loads about 3-4 times in a row and then it breaks the save system bcuz it says (Error or something like tat, please try again) and that forever till u make a new game just
maybe stop killing me next time, retard

Level 6
lol Tsumo i've never killed you, the fact is when i noticed u just do that when people go afk or just start doing somthing else besides d3 or shade u just fuck up the save system and leave so don't come saying so much bullshit i don't do also i just avoid playing with u cause u just ruin the game.

All known bugs are going to be fixed, dont worry.
Thanks you Zwiebel good to know :thumbs_up:

Level 6
lol Tsumo i've never killed you, the fact is when i noticed u just do that when people go afk or just start doing somthing else besides d3 or shade u just fuck up the save system and leave so don't come saying so much bullshit i don't do also i just avoid playing with u cause u just ruin the game.
You ruin the game with ur lies...i didnt said u killed me, but maybe the retarded player u play with.

Play with lvl39 tier1 and such things...bye

Zwieb u should fix this killing bug to...u can pvp a player and kill him one by one....why theres a arena???
And make Monk can use Leather too maybe or give a better armor...divine fist is based on SP! WTF?

Thanks

Level 6
Well tat was along in the message and u quoted me and now u say that it wasnt exacly at me, what else you expected me to think and exacly whos the retarded players t1 u say i play with (basides xen who i really dislike playing much with cause of his lame t1 chars) anyways sorry if i got it wrong but don't call me a lier if i had it wrong

Level 6
Tsumo ill be honest to you i don't like you just for the reason you go glitching the save system when someone bitches at you as for me i've never killed u or or votekicked you or anything as "kill your item on ground" mainly i just avoid playing with you so when you join a game im in i just go afk or leave, as for the tier 1 guy you keep playing is just xen and why you even care with who i play with.

Maybe when bug is fixed i wont have any problems with you.

No hard feelings

Level 13
Seems to be a problem on your end. Nobody else is having this problem as far as I know (including us). Maybe update your graphic drivers or reboot your machine.

Oh that's actually an issue? I thought they were there as placeholders while the item was being built lol. I think I have the same issue I'll check.

Level 6
but as zwiebel said in the newest version (the older ones aswell) we dont have this problems and i saw d4 couple of times now.

Level 6
also todez u gona fix the firelord thing? the one tat when u go and he summons and u run away and he resets he doesnt re summons in a while?

also todez u gona fix the firelord thing? the one tat when u go and he summons and u run away and he resets he doesnt re summons in a while?
All units will get a cooldown reset once they go back to their spawn position in 1.2. It's not hard to do.

About the graphics bug with the stones: maybe it was an issue of 1.1L3. Don't quite know. For our internal developer versions, theres no graphic bug with stones and stone walls.

Level 6
good to know :infl_thumbs_up:

also how close might 1.2 be 1-2 months? :vw_love:
if you dont wana answer is ok too :vw_sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.