• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frozen Throne Poll

The Frozen Throne Scene Best Constructor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I clearly vote for MadseN on this one.

KingBob - Pretty good, except for the height of the Throne, but w/e. If not for the sky and the overheight, I might have voted for yours.
Jaakko - The only one who actually bothered with chains, though it turned out to be not-so-ok because of their angle. I never saw a penguin on the Frozen Throne anyway. Bad camera angle. The stairs were cool and all, but you missed the point.
MadseN - Although you could have come up with a glow on the Throne, yours was the best because of the camera's distance and angle. The weather effect and sky also fit quite well. You get my vote.

Level 34
I think I'm going to vote for MadseN, it was tough though. Jakkos was pretty cool!

Level 2
KingBob got my vote. Seems like his fit the scene the best, but I agree it's a little on the tall side.

The angle setting and the surrounding environment in MadseN's entry look great, but I think the spire is a little too wide.

Jaakko's was very good, but chains (while they are there) kind of killed it. Very nice touch with the penguin, though.

Level 2
Kingbob's is good, much better than anything I could do, it is a bit tall though and I don't like the model for the stairs, they are too... wooden. The steps in the video were like crystal/ice steps, more like Jaakko's.

Jaakko's I liked cause of the chains no doubt, the steps are in more right for it, and the spire is the right height. However then I saw Madsen's.

Madsen got my vote, not because of the camera distance, but because of the atmosphere. It cried Death, Eerieness, and Terror. It makes you feel more like you are at the spire. Not the mention the terrain surrounding it was amazing, I liked the broken bridge, and the fog/mist around it was an amazing touch; even though the Spire was a bit wide.

Overall though, I think they are all brilliant, however I can only choose one. =(

Level 40
I especially like the details, such as the fallen bridge to the left, in MadseN's.

Jaako's was good too, but especially the chains made me not like it as much - the fact that they were inverted just looked awkward.

KingBob's was very nice in terms of its staircase, but I also have to say that Jaako's and KingBob's seemed a lot more like light and happy places (as far as it goes in that sort of climate), and not eerie and evil places. MadseN's terrain captured the atmosphere perfectly.

I say Jaakko's looks the best. It has an awesome atmosphere - the FT not at night and actually just frozen looking; he also was the only one with chains. Also, the way the light shines onto the scene is simply AWESOME.
MadseN's looks a bit too much like the FT, so it's not too new : /
Kingbob's was nice, but all the work was put into the stairs and the bottom of the throne, it seems, so it's still nice, but, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.