1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4 - Poll

Discussion in 'Poll Depository' started by -Kobas-, Jul 24, 2011.

?

Vote for the best entry!

Poll closed Aug 7, 2011.
  1. mckill2009 (Maze Raider)

2.6%
  2. KayS (The Core of the Mirror)

23.1%
  3. eubz (Great Dungeon Escape)

5.1%
  4. DeathChef (Forest Assasins)

5.1%
  5. Ahimtar (The Plagium)

7.7%
  6. -Kobas- (Hunted)

25.6%
  7. Figueiredo00 (Catacomb of Elend)

30.8%
  1. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Puzzle & Mystery
    Contestants
    are challenged to create Puzzle mini map for Warcraft 3 game that will be full of Mystery.
    Contestants
    are free to pick and work on any map type (defense, RPG... without cinematic and terrain/template maps) as long as they bring mystery feeling into it.
    Show us unique riddles, cool puzzles and awesome gameplay.

Welcome to the poll for Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4! Please read through the rules before voting!

[​IMG]
    • Each user can only vote once in the poll. (remove this for a multiple choice poll)
    • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
    • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
    • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
    [​IMG]

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
    • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
    • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Concept (Base) Does the mini-game follow the contest's theme? /10
    Concept (Puzzling) Is the mini-game cohesive, regarding the puzzles? How well were the puzzles presented? /30
    Concept (Mystery) How well is mystery presented, how good secrets were? /30
    Going Green How well does your map make use of limited space, be it file size or terrain size. /10
    Playability Is the map bug/lag free? /10
    Aesthetics How well does the map look and overall feel of the 'environment'? /10

• 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
    [​IMG]
    Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll begin testing these lovely maps soon, then I'll make completely evil reviews on them.

3. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll begin testing these lovely maps soon, then I'll make completely pony reviews on them.

4. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here is a Zip file with all the entries. If you are a little lazy...

Attached Files:

5. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  6. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you want I can list you as well.

7. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :vw_wtf: I want to see that Pony Review!

8. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Voting for this map: Figueiredo00 (Catacomb of Elend)

It felt most interesting, and was really funny and mysteries was not easy solved

9. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've voted for Figueiredo00, but my second option was the "The Plagium" by Ahimtar... I think the people don't play attention at the begining because it seems boring, but at the end it's a great job.

10. Ahimtar

Ahimtar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks a lot! :)
    so i tested those maps, these are my reviews :):

mckill2009 (Maze Raider)
    nice puzzle, quite logical and so on... but for some reason it felt a bit stereotypical... if i was a judge i would test it further, maybe it is fun, but i didnt have enough time and will to get through the start, sorry :( also, what is the mystery here?
    but anyway, it can be fun if someone likes this kind of games and seemed to work well ;)

KayS (The Core of the Mirror)
    well, epic. it really seemed mysterious and those puzzles were well planed (although 2 times the same picture wasnt the best choice and those key things sometimes went "on" but sometimes just flashed...) but it had powerful athmosphere :) the cameras were very good, and animations were great :ogre_haosis: im probably gonna vote for this one...
    btw, unloCked ;)

eubz (Great Dungeon Escape)
    eh, is it really your entry? i mean, the "puzzles" and so werent that bad, but those items and those creeps spawning... the whole map just felt really RANDOM to me :D (i like those, when i was younger i created a lot of maps like that [too bad i didnt know how to work with trigger editor, so they never worked as i intended to :D]) also maybe add more doodads so its nicer... a few times i got stuck in the creeps which couldnt kill me and i was just waiting for them to die, also the archmage and the quest was weird... but for some reason, i liked it and played through it till the end :D conclusion- quite nice map, but there are much better ones in this contest ;)

DeathChef (Forest Assasins)
    ok i didnt try it with nobody, but looked at the concept and so on and it seems nice :D i highly appreciate the idea, as its the only one really multiplayer map in the contest and i loved the music choicement :D so, its quite cool, but there are better maps... anyway its not a waste of time, maybe someday i will return to it with somebody to play with :D

Ahimtar (The Plagium)
    OMG THA BEST THING EVAR MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_jawdrop:

-Kobas- (Hunted)
    WOW, is this still w3? looks like a whole new game (great idea with the interface)... the whole moving thing and rooms and inventory was solved genially :) to say something negative, the conversation with the golem was a bit too fast... and, wtf, the spider on the bed freaked me out and did nothing? anyway i dont know, i didnt get past that :D
    btw, floWer ;)

Figueiredo00 (Catacomb of Elend)
    great athmosphere and terrain, skippable cinematic, also a good light source idea, but it felt annoying when i didnt see anything in the "5 switch" room and i mistakenly moved through the square and had to do it again (also its weird when someone stands on the square but has to leave it and get back)... and i found a kind of bug at those traps- when i saw the door opening, i clicked behind them - niedron run there while camera changed and he suddenly died, wtf :D i had to go all the way from start... next time i saved it, but (the brazier puzzle was great ;)) then i got stuck at those wraiths, and once when i tried it i somehow turned niedron to be owned by computer (i couldnt do anything)... those walls were weird, sometimes i could see through or some units attacked me through them, but that wasnt so bad. i ended at the mavus part, because when i use my summon spell as mavus, i instantly lose :D:D:D
    guess it maybe could be the best map out there, but it definitely needs more work (and more time though, which i know you hadnt)
    btw its two more, not more two ;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  11. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahimtar, if you aren't done yet then don't post it.
    There's still a while to go, take your time with your reviewing.

12. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Aaaauuu... What a shame :S :goblin_cry:

:goblin_yeah:

13. Figueiredo00

Figueiredo00

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    thank you Bugz, im glad that you liked. it was the objetive after all.

Kays, i voted to your map. as i said before in the contest Thread ,i really liked the atmosphere that you created, and the whole thing with the doodads, it was incredible and original, and awesome to play.

14. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know, It's fantastic to find good mappers who have a good sense of competition, There many participants who doesn't vote in the poll and who don't want to do it :(

15. Ahimtar

Ahimtar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sorry, i was about to write the review but in the middle i realised i got to go, so decided to do it like this

anyway, im still not sure whom to vote for, probably Core of the Mirror but im not 100% decided :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  16. Figueiredo00

Figueiredo00

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ahimtar

it's incredible your ability to find bugs on maps :D

really, i tested the map many times, and i can't belive how you found so many.

anyway, the bug that sometimes happened is the archers shooting through the walls. there is one spot with malus that this might happen. but its something rare.

you lose control of your unit is weird too, i don't have a trigger to do that just by entering into a region. anyway, thank you for the review and the grammar correction :D

17. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Ok guys, Im in Lebanon :D
    Im going to test all those maps as fast as possible (But unfortunately, my typing speed has decreased by 300% :p)
    I'm down to 22 words a minute :/
    Ill recover in a day or so :p
    I judged 3 maps till now :)
    4 more to go ^^

18. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that the judges vote are quite impotent, since its a close run

19. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    This seems to be the mistke that I always make when I enter a mapping contest is that I make it multiplayer which means that alot of poeple can't test it which brings down my votes and also makes it a bit more harder for the judges:D.
    Also if you did play it with multiplayer you would notice that I like detail making it 100% bug free:D and I also had plenty of time because during most of the contest time was public holidays.
    I may test the maps some time soon and vote for someone:)....

20. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources: