• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frigate

Now you may ask, "why are there no sprites?". Well, because they are so unrealistic and stupid. How can a cannonball make a ship light on fire? Frigates don't usually have what they called 'heated shot' balls. So shush!

Anyway, took a HUGE amount of time to make this model.

Don't modify without permission. And give credits.

Consider this my Christmas present to you. Merry Christmas.

UPDATE: anarchianbedlam added some awesome particles.

Keywords:
ship
Contents

Frigate (Model)

Reviews
21:31, 21st Dec 2008 BlinkBoy: I like it a lot 5/5. I would suggest that you change the BlendTime from 150 to 500, since the attack is made by side, changing the blend time could make the game rotation look smoother.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

21:31, 21st Dec 2008
BlinkBoy: I like it a lot 5/5. I would suggest that you change the BlendTime from 150 to 500, since the attack is made by side, changing the blend time could make the game rotation look smoother.

Level 14
its quite nice, but there are some things, that you could improve.

- canons fire at only one side of the ship as far as i saw it
- its detailed, yes, but in some way (i dont know how to explain it) its detailed at the wrong places, i mean for example there are ropes, but they are huge, or the back of the ship, its a bit undetailed. the sails are really nice, but the masts are a bit fat...

dont get me wrong its a nice model, but im trying to tell you, what you could do beter.

I hope this helps a bit :)

Level 31
erm ... the polycount is very high as mentioned before.
there also are no borders on the ship ... SO if the kraken attacks it, evrybody will fall into the sea :p. The captain's cabin has a weird texture on it.
4/5

BUT BUT BUT....it is bordered. :D

its quite nice, but there are some things, that you could improve.

- canons fire at only one side of the ship as far as i saw it
- its detailed, yes, but in some way (i dont know how to explain it) its detailed at the wrong places, i mean for example there are ropes, but they are huge, or the back of the ship, its a bit undetailed. the sails are really nice, but the masts are a bit fat...

dont get me wrong its a nice model, but im trying to tell you, what you could do beter.

I hope this helps a bit :)

The cannon issue cannot be fixed without triggers. Sadly D:

Last edited:
Now you may ask, "why are there no sprites?". Well, because they are so unrealistic and stupid. How can a cannonball make a ship light on fire? Frigates don't usually have what they called 'heated shot' balls. So shush!

The fire could be triggered by other means, like fallen candles, sparks caused by cannonballs sliding on metal areas, powder igniting because of heat...

Level 31
dude, every time someone says something you could improve, you just say "no, its fine".

You should learn how to handle constructive criticism...

Well, look through the comments...

1. Add sides! There are sides.

2. Make both sides attack! You can't do that without triggers.

3. Masts look bland! What the heck?

4. The cabin looks weird? .....

etc

Dat big box looks out of place. If you look at that era frigates, you will noticed that the hull at the back is only slightly elevated. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Diana_class_frigate_model.jpg

Some fences it will be nice too, that is what I dislike the most in blizz ships. And water particles too.

The sails are fine.

For the side attacks you can make the ship turn and fire and after firing turn back. For firing all cannons make a spell animation, so you can use Fan of knives ability to make them shoot.

Level 31
Dat big box looks out of place. If you look at that era frigates, you will noticed that the hull at the back is only slightly elevated. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Diana_class_frigate_model.jpg

Some fences it will be nice too, that is what I dislike the most in blizz ships. And water particles too.

The sails are fine.

For the side attacks you can make the ship turn and fire and after firing turn back. For firing all cannons make a spell animation, so you can use Fan of knives ability to make them shoot.

First! Look at the Carrack ship. It is elevated MUCH higher. Remember, this doesn't have to be a frigate. And, ships of the 1700's varied sometimes depending on the builder.

There are fences.
I may add water particles, yes.
And, I think the design for the attack mechanics work fine. Although, I make an alternate version likewise. The nice think about the current version is whenever two of these vessels fight, they fire along each side.

Level 7
looks very great works very well too 4.5/5 this will become very useful for me in my maps later on keep up the terrific work cause i'm looking forward to your other models.

Level 2
i think i will give it 5/5 because i love those ship ^^ does it shoot from the front like all other wc3 ships do?

Status
Not open for further replies.