• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Free internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
NOTE: I mean liberal internet. No, I am not giving you free internets.

Hello

What do you think about governments & other organizations censoring internet & putting down sites? I just happened to think about this when I was reading an article in Finnish (crap)news media. They made a survey, which claims that two thirds of people agree on putting down non-moderated and/or extremist websites and forums. After reading that, I am very ashamed about living here, I thought I were living in civilized, liberal country. But now it seems that two thirds of this country's population are... Well I can't find any correct word for this.

PS. I mean, what do you think when modern countries do this? It's not big deal when talking about China or Iran... But in western/civilized places?

Last edited:
Level 12
The government and other organizations have no right to do that, yes they can censor sites on their computers and schools, but the Internet is a free place, and every site has it's own rules, and even if a site is Bullshit, if the owner pays for it and people visit it why put it down?

PS: Not all western places are civilized, but probably politicians don't want someone against them online cause they can't control them... Organizations, hmmm.... let's say there is a Gay Is Okay Organization, they would won't to put homophob sites DOWN!

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The government is just scared that theres something out there that they can't control.

Level 34
Hello.

What do you think about governments & other organizations censoring internet & putting down sites? I just happened to think about this when I was an article in Finnish (crap)news media. They made a survey, which claims that two thirds of people agree on putting down non-moderated and/or extremist websites and forums. After reading that, I am very ashamed about living here, I thought I were living in civilized, liberal country. But now it seems that two thirds of this country's population are... Well I can't find any correct word for this.

PS. I mean, what do you think when modern countries do this? It's not big deal when talking about China or Iran... But in western/civilized places?
Can you put anything you want in a newspaper or magazine? I don't see what's wrong with policing the internet. Should you be allowed to make websites that promote the killing of certain groups? Not in my opinion.

Level 14
Can you put anything you want in a newspaper or magazine? I don't see what's wrong with policing the internet. Should you be allowed to make websites that promote the killing of certain groups? Not in my opinion.

Well I'm not going to discuss moral rules in this post. But no, government shouldn't act as internet-police, because governments do not own the internet.

And I'm quite sure sites like you said exist already.

Level 34
Well I'm not going to discuss moral rules in this post. But no, government shouldn't act as internet-police, because governments do not own the internet.

And I'm quite sure sites like you said exist already.
You're not going to discuss the topic you created with this thread? Okay...

Every kind of site exists, but that doesn't make it right.

Before an admin closes this thread,

cable-guy-y-u-no-give-free-internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.