• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FPS in warcraft (REAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Detection of the mouse at the edge of the screen is possible in wc3 but extremely buggy and does not always work. I remember it was done once on thehelper.net however anything else that has to do with the mouse is practically impossible unless you use trackables to get the mouses x and y and then u try to some how calculate using the cameras position to figure out were the mouse is. Only thing I can possibly think of.

HEY THANKS!!

this really popped my head an idea!!!!

somehow this'll work!

i'll do something to this project a little by litte, and the TPS-FPS view will be created (well it's quite easy to make a view like that)
peper could do something about the terrain though O__O

if there is a pointer trigger that would place a pointer at a certain location of the screen then it'll be perfect!

or i should make this the first half T/FPS in warcraft?

Level 20
Ever thought of using toggle movement? You press:

W - to move forward
A/S - to strafe left or right
D - to move back

Press again to stop (or press another to override, i.e if pressing down while moving forwars you'll just go back but if you pressed up while moving up you'd stop).

Then use the arrow keys to turn while going forwards/backwards and aim! :D

Don't bother making the mouse movement. Just use Tricky's system (even though I've said it's unoriginal, it's the best you can do). Mouse movement is IMPOSSIBLE.
Trackables, like I said, are undeletable and unmovable, so they will eventually lag. Also, they are slow.
Nothing else can help you achieve mouse aim, except RtC (whose demo map doesn't work).

Level 6
I see..
So it is like CSource in this site? (OLD maps in maps section)

EDIT:
Is emailing blizzard to add mouse detection an option? will they reply?
If it is agood option, i'll email blizzard, and will see if they reply and will make a trigger for mouse click detection and mouse movements detection!
And also, i think click detection is already here, just do this (Maybe~!)

Event
A player selects a unit
Condition
Unit type of Selected unit is (The FPS DUMMY)
Action
Blablablablablalba
blablablabla

and will it work? i guess it will, since i use mask of a crosshair, i think it'll be done

and the rapid fire...

if only blizzard can detect mouse release..

PS:I need

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is emailing blizzard to add mouse detection an option? will they reply?
If it is agood option, i'll email blizzard, and will see if they reply and will make a trigger for mouse click detection and mouse movements detection!
And also, i think click detection is already here, just do this (Maybe~!)

StarCraft II already has mouse detection. Asking them to work on a 7 year old game rather than StarCraft II (a brand new game not even fully released yet) which has the feature required already is almost certain to be ignored. You can always try but it will probably waste their time and your time. If you need mouse support then upgrade to StarCraft II as that can do almost everything WC3 can and a lot more than WC3 could not.

They made it very clear that StarCraft II was designed to be a replacement and upgrade for modding over WarCraft III. It even has an almost identical hero system to WarCraft III to prove this. I am aware that it lacks it charm for medevil or fantasy maps currently due to lack of models, but for FPS or TPS or TDS it is perfect with far more gun wielding units and the features to support everything needed.

I have seen multiplayer FPS maps in SC2 which were made before the lattest cursor detection triggers were added and they were playable then. Now they should be even better.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The editor makes more sense than WC3's. Yes doing stuff is annoying at times but is far more logical.

An example
In SC2, all visual elements for objects are controled by actors. These are attached to items, units, effects, weapons etc to give them graphical elements visible to players. Usually they reference a model. In WC3 each object referenced a model directly. This left no room to reference multiple models to the same object nor did it allow for easy changing of graphics for many units as you needed to update each individually.

All in all, SC2 is more logical to use. The only really annoying part are the actor events and some editor bugs. The object pathing map overlay editor does not work properly and fails to load previously created pathing overlays. The custom script editor is unresponsive and bug prone. The actor event commands are not documented and not implicit so it is difficult to use them to their full potential currently.

Level 14
All shooters I saw in sc2 are laggy like the wc3 racing map (I mean in multiplayer) (and than your shooting project will be just one from 100 also not really specialy anymore) if you really want to create a good shooting mod you should buy a really powerfull engine like source/goldsource/crytek or unreal.

Level 6
if it will be like one from 100, then, can other people from 100 of those make it?

well,
i do not think it's impossible to make a shooting system using mouse in wc3, won't lag even in multi player
i DO think it's impossible to make a mouse view system in wc3

now, help me --"

should i close the project, or make it pending
or wait until blizzard starts improving warcraft III
because, i think they started on improving it..(maybe?)

Level 6
if you really can help me, PM me!!

You are great in triggers right?
I'll send you a PM after you PMed me,the map will be in the reply PM when you PMed me,and you'll do what you can do >..>

and, the first person camera is 100% fake?, if you want me to show you, i'll prove it right away

Level 7
http://www.mapgnome.org/map-download/392093

Can only be used with 1.23 and down I think for it contains the return bug, if anyone could fix that then there you go I would guess?
Maybe increase the grid to the entire map so you could move a unit while being able to aim.

This one was fixed for another patch but broke shortly after.
http://www.mapgnome.org/map-download/392106

Oh also for those who don't know, mapgnome is a site where they hunt for your maps and post it on their site.
They do it with download bots, it is a handy site for finding stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.