• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] FPS Demo/Triggers [not fully complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright guys... iv programmed an FPS and its almost finished, but the problem is i havent been mapmaking for some time now and i forgot alot about JASS, and the FPS programming was a pain in the ass and is now not worth it for me to complete since i want to quit mapmaking after i release a map with a partner.

the arrow key movement isnt that bad since it doesnt use periodic movement (meaning its completely lagless), but there seems to be an error with players disconnecting from it (my friend disconnected), and i as the host, didnt.

Now for the good stuff:
-you shoot by clicking
*you need to face your opponent when shooting
*you need to make sure no destructables are between you and the opponent
so the bullet is able to hit him (vector system/function developed for the FPS)

-there are different kinds of weapons: pistol/sniper/shotgun and knife
*each of these guns have different maximum range for shooting and dmg
*shotgun has the ability to knock someone in a parabolic shaped movement
(parabolic movement was custom-made by me, so not gauranteed to be the most efficient)

-The fps camera works quite well, except it has model vanilla, very typical.
*it is really efficient, but some work needs to be added to it so terrain height is calculated correctly for the height of the camera (use CamZ library in JASS section, preferred) the function is this:
JASS:
private function AllZ takes unit whichUnit returns real

-Soudns were already implemented when shooting, but the problem is .mp3 files do not seem to work, you can just replace them if ud like. the other .wav files work perfectly

-There are many GUI variables that you can change to easily change the settings of guns (quite alot of settings), camera angles and access to dialog.

If you plan to use the triggers to your advantage, please give me credits as "Triggering Helper". That is all i require of you.

You press ESC to change ur weapon

There is also a multiboard to display your current weapon and its characteristics.

Here is the "demo":

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap.w3x
    670.3 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.