• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Keeping unit's animation frozen at ALL times,even when walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hi, I've been trying make a FPS map and I am currently trying to make the FPS map complete... I need to figure out how to keep a model's animation frozen at a certain point of it's animation, even when the unit is walking the model will not animate.
For an example: I want the Bloodmage to have his attack 3 animation frozen at the part where his hand is held out like he is shooting.

Another thing I'd like to know is how to start a units animation where you want it to start, like skipping a second or two into the animation.

I greatly appreciate your help in advance,
-Craka_J

Level 3
  • Freeze
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Your Units attack 3 animation
      • Wait Time Until Freeze seconds
      • Animation - Change Your Units animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
If you set a units animation speed to 0, it will stop animating anything. About your second request I have no idea.

Level 11
(We use this in time-stop spells)
And as far as i know, setting animation speed to 0 will act like "pausing" the unit. Set it to 0.01 or sthg really low, but not to 0.
About your second question, well i know jass pretty well, but i don't think this is possible.. :S

Level 3
Best way that i know of is instead of making the unit actually walk, you make triggers that periodically move the unit a small distance every .01 seconds. This is valuable simply because you can manipulate the unit's animations without having to worry about the units movement messing it up.

Yes, but I mean you do this:

• Animation - Set (Picked Unit)'s animation speed to 0%
  • Wait 10 secs
    • Animation - Set (Picked Unit)'s animation speed to 100%
    • Animation - Reset (Picked Unit)'s animation
Just try it. Try making like a time stop spell, and then you'll see that if you don't do the Reset Unit's Animation, then their animation plays for 1 sec, freezes for 1 sec, then plays for 1 sec, etc. This continues even after the hero is ressurected.

Status
Not open for further replies.