• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] The "Walk" Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been doing some experimenting with the walk animation for this map I'm making. I posted a thread earlier about my problem regarding the walk animation but after doing some experimenting with it, I'm starting to realize that this animation is REALLY fucked up (pardon my french). When you try to play the walk animation with triggers, nothing happens, or nothing seems to happen, it usually just loops the stand animation. When you use the 'walk' string for an animation after using an ability, basically the same result. What the hell is going on, it's driving me nuts :S.
P.S. I already tried experimenting with animation speeds, just in case the walk animation was superfast at 100% or superslow, but alas, there was no improvement.

Level 25
There's a custom script for this, it went something like PlayUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, index), where unit = ur unit, and index is the animation number. stand is number 1, stand - 2 number 2, walk 3, attack 4, etc, just count them. not sure if the function name is correct - anyway ask the jass forum for the function name.

Level 4
There's a custom script for this, it went something like PlayUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, index), where unit = ur unit, and index is the animation number. stand is number 1, stand - 2 number 2, walk 3, attack 4, etc, just count them. not sure if the function name is correct - anyway ask the jass forum for the function name.

That function is also added in WEU.

Status
Not open for further replies.