• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walk animation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is there a way to make a unit play it's walk animation repeatly without needing to make the unit move? This might sound easy, but the below 2 triggers i tried didn't work.

**Don't worry about the picked unit, it has nothing wrong with it, even if i select the units i want it to play individually it will be the same.
  • Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s walk animation, using only Common animations
  • Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s walk animation
I tried using "Walk" instead of "walk", but it gives the same result. The unit play it once very quickly and won't ever do it again.

Use the custom script:
"call SetUnitAnimation (your unit here, "walk")" or "call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (your unit here, X)". In the place of the "X" you will add the number of the animation. Every model has a list of animation, that JASS reads them as numbers, e.g. Animation 0, Animation 1, ..., and so on. You can experiment with trial-error, by replacing that X with a number, until you find the walk animation, or get http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=yzpnex to convert the model you want in mdl, open it in the notepad and check the animations. When you find the walk animation of the model, start by counting the previous animations from 0 (zero) to the animation you want. So, if the animation if the fourth in the list, its number is "3". If it's the first, its number is 0.

Well, hello, each model doesn't have the walk animation represented with the same number. For the Blademaster, the animation number is "6". I told you the way to do it. Export the model via Warcraft III Viewer, and get MDLX converter to convert it. Open it with notepad (it automatically does it) and go to animations. The first animation is considered the number 0. The Chaos Grunt had the walk animation first in the list, that's why it responds to the "0" animation. The Blademaster has the walk animation seventh in the list, but the number of the animation is "6", since we start counting from 0, not 1.

Level 9
Doesn't work. And i use blademaster as a base model while changing its model to chaos grunt. By logic it should use the chaos grunt's walk so it should be 0.

What i did,
1. i create a custom Blademaster
2. I change its model to chaos grunt
3. Play the walk animation
4. Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.