• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walk animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How to set a unit's animation to walk with QueueUnitAnimation? I know it can be done with SetUnitAnimationByIndex, too bad there isn't a QueueUnitAnimationByIndex...

If i try to use QueueUnitAnimation(unit, "walk") (or SetUnitAnimation for what it matters) it doesn't work. I've been told this animation can be applied only to unit with 0 as movement speed. So, since i'm lazy (and tired while i'm writing, which doesn't help) and i don't feel like testing it myself now can someone tell me if it's possible to apply this animation by setting the walking speed to 0 then putting it back to normal?

Last edited:
Level 7
how it doesnt work?

set unit animation by index must work everytime. Maybe the index number is wrong

indeed i'm talking about QueueUnitAnimation, not SetUnitAnimationByIndex. For some reason, you can't set a unit animaton to "walk" with SetUnitAnimation or QueueUnitAnimation (though you can do with SetUnitAnimationByIndex, the problem is i need to use QueueUnitAnimation)...i've been told you can do only if the unit's movement speed is 0, but i haven't tried that yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.