• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Use an animation and keep it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For example i wanna make that a unit uses the stand ready animation and keeps it even after it start walking,the villager has the stand ready animation and takes the hands up,how can it keep the hands up even after walking?

Hope it's not that hard to understand what i wanna make :xxd:

Level 14
You stated your problem in a way that's kind of confusing and unclear.
PurgeandFire111 interpreted that you wanted to make the unit play Stand Ready animation when it's walking. If that's true, then pay attention to him and disregard the rest of my post.

If you had wanted to make the unit play its Stand Ready animation instead of its regular Stand animation, there are two ways of doing it.
1) Object Editor Way: In Art - Required Animation Names, change the field to "ready."
2) Trigger Editor:
  • Animation - Add the ready animation tag to YourUnit
  • Animation - Remove the ready animation tag to YourUnit

Level 9
you cant keep the hands up while walking, caus ethe villager dont have a walking ready animation.
YOu only could make that the unit always play its ready anim while its standing around.

(or that is always making the stand ready animation, but htis looks pretty weird while its walking)

Level 18
illidan Kazama said:
For example i wanna make that a unit uses the stand ready animation and keeps it even after it start walking,the villager has the stand ready animation and takes the hands up,how can it keep the hands up even after walking?

You can't just combine animations, it doesn't work like that. Animations are put into effect on various unit actions, and they give a "life-like" feel to them. They are not code driven movements, instead they are entirely defined in the model's animations. You cannot blend together animations you can only apply a single animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.