• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Major fps drop in my map lord of the rings fellowship quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey. I really dont know who to ask for help or what to do. i am so tired. for the last 2 months i didnt do anything in my map but i was clearing every leaks that i didnt clear yet and optimizing triggers.

this is my map btw The Big Fellowship Quest V.5.0f its a bit popular thats why i would like the fps drop problem to be gone

as far as i noticed the fps drop where every player that plays game gets 1 fps happens only sometimes. in like 3 of 10 played games. all people in game get 1 fps and they lag hard no matter where they look, even if they look at empty area still they get 1 fps drop and it doenst get fixed they gotta alt+f4.

the fps problem happens from the middle of game. it can also happen at ned of game. it never happens at start of game. for those who know Lord of the rings i will use lotr names.

i have had a report where people said they got 1 fps drop after battle of minas tirith was over, yesterday i had report about 1 fps after battle of helms deep was over and all uruks were killed game still would lag.

by the way when gandalf arrives i add all uruks to unit group, then i remove uruks from unit group when they die and when the numbers of uruks that are alive in the unit group equals to 0 then i run ending of the battle trigger. do u think it could be a reason lol but what other way of checking battle is over should i use? i need to end the battle when uruks in helms deep arent alive.

i clear all leaks in my map or at least i think i do, if there are some then i am not aware. what could you recommend to my problem? i realise its hard to help like this. my map really uses a lot of triggers for specyfic areas, custom spells etc. like knockback. its a big map. is there any tool that could be usefull for me like any debugger? something that we could use when we get 1 fps drop in order to check which triggers are running currently?

Level 12
Well you could try a simple solution to actually find if the memory of game data grows during the time you play your map.

AFAIK the memory is linked to the application data and all memory the map creates during your play time it adds up the memory used by the application.

1) Check from task manager how much memory your map uses
2) Every 15min of playing check again how much memory it uses

And we will go from there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.