• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feedback & Bug Report

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
Bug Report
  • You can report any bugs you find in this thread.
  • When reporting a bug include screenshots if possible and describe the bug with as much details as possible.
  • Don't go off-topic.

Feedback
  • you can post your feedback in this thread
  • be as thorough as possible, and offer valid points that you believe can indeed improve gameplay.
  • Don't go off-topic.

Level 2
I have played it and I must say I love it.

Campaign no. 4 is a bit hard , but I loved it. Loved also the way the buildings are destroyed so the next ones start burning.

Bugs: The animations are kinda laggy I guess. I have brand new PC so cant be hardware. Animations of the cutscenes are laggy too. I find buildings to be too big, should be lower.
If there are no upgrades available for the units, then dont have the option enables so you can see like 0 upgrades done.

Level 8
Hello. Since this is the Feedback Thread as well. I was wondering if you guys the team for Chronicles of the Second War would be doing like Human Kingdom Buildings of Gilneas, Dalaran, and Kul'tiras like in the Future as well as the Units for Gilneas and Kul'tiras? Also the Orcish Clan Buildings of the Warsong, Shadowmoon, Frostwolf, Bleeding Hollow, Shattered Hand, Thunderlord, Laughing Skull Clan, and of course even the Blackrock Clan as well.

For examples for Kul'tiras there's the Green Ships like: Small Boat, Medium Boat, and the Giant Boat from BFA.

Keep up with the Great Work and Stay Awesome. XD

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_060921_173313.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_060921_173313.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 108
  • WoWScrnShot_060921_172928.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_060921_172928.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 108
  • WoWScrnShot_060921_172914.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_060921_172914.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 106
Hello. Since this is the Feedback Thread as well. I was wondering if you guys the team for Chronicles of the Second War would be doing like Human Kingdom Buildings of Gilneas, Dalaran, and Kul'tiras like in the Future as well as the Units for Gilneas and Kul'tiras? Also the Orcish Clan Buildings of the Warsong, Shadowmoon, Frostwolf, Bleeding Hollow, Shattered Hand, Thunderlord, Laughing Skull Clan, and of course even the Blackrock Clan as well.

For examples for Kul'tiras there's the Green Ships like: Small Boat, Medium Boat, and the Giant Boat from BFA.

Hey there. The buildings will not be unique for each Human Kingdom and Orc Clan, that would be simply too much. There could be some special doodads to set the atmosphere, but remember this is following WC2 story, some kingdoms will not have as much attention to them as others. At least for WC2 campaigns, there could be more for WC1, but that's further in the future.

For the ships, we already have done the bigger ones, a few look more unique than others, but it's their sails that will be the main edited part. Of course Kul Tirans will have their special-boy ships, as is logical ))

ShadiHD

Level 31

as much as I love to see variations, but as my teammate Moonman said, this is way too much and it's not a our priority to drown ourselves with our already overflowing model assets.

perhaps the good members of HIVE community will do this.

Level 8
Hey there. The buildings will not be unique for each Human Kingdom and Orc Clan, that would be simply too much. There could be some special doodads to set the atmosphere, but remember this is following WC2 story, some kingdoms will not have as much attention to them as others. At least for WC2 campaigns, there could be more for WC1, but that's further in the future.

For the ships, we already have done the bigger ones, a few look more unique than others, but it's their sails that will be the main edited part. Of course Kul Tirans will have their special-boy ships, as is logical ))
Oh ok then. It's Understandable. Ether way. I look forward to seeing the Warcraft 2 Human Buildings, and Orc Buildings as well as the Units on the Models for Mods once you guys get done in terms of the Campaign for the Orcs and Humans on the Second War Campaign to Beyond the Dark Portal.

Ether way between like the Human Nation Unit Packs or Orcish or just the Package of the Warcraft 2 Assets as a whole. You guys keep up with the amazing work. I hope to hear some exciting news on the Human Campaign. Keep up with the Great Job and Stay Awesome.

Level 1
Hello there!!

Just played the campaign and I loved your work! I have a love of the warcraft franchise so much that I really felt nostalgic when playing and seeing the effort your are putting on this game!

Regarding the feedback,
First Mission,
I saw that, when cinematic appear, the game continues to be running which means that:
1. Wolfs attacked
2. Cinematic appeared
3. Grunts being killed and peons being killed
4. Your goldmine has collapsed
5. Did not have any more money to buy any peons
6. To get the other 15k wood it took extra 30 minutes to finish the mission with 2 peons xD

These issues of the game continuing while at the cinematic also appeared on the other missions but with no problems on the gameplay itself

Level 1
Hi folks. This project has got me all excited for the Warcraft series again. Never really liked WC3 but 2 was always a favourite growing up and I really like the care and the updating of wc2 with some of the better features of wc3 retroactively adopted to make your campaign really mint. Very impressive work.

The only little piece of feedback I would offer for the campaign would be the campaigns could be a bit stiffer with a challenge. While the contents engaging the first 3 missions is just building up and attacking more or less passive AI. Replaying the missions again I feel like the AI could be more aggressive on hard. More attacking and building up defenses etc, especially on hillsbrad with the stormwind refugees, they could use a buff for building up forces and attacking more often.

And 4 little ideas of a personal nature that might improve the game somewhat.

• A pet peeve of mine from the series overall is the building to unit scale difference, though I can see you guys have already addressed it somewhat, a reduction of size of units of say 5-15%? would look aesthetically pleasing to me. The hero in your game mounted was as large as a town hall.
  • Regrowth of forests. It would be neat if the game had regrowing forests and trees, just to keep your defences and settlements contained and less exposed, doesn’t have to be super fast but at least regrow to keep the shape of the forests intact after a while. Maybe add a burn off or salting mechanic to create spaces where they don’t regenerate for access to mines and stuff?
  • And unit veterancy. One thing all strategy's games need is veterancy for units, makes trying to keep them alive and Shepard them as your missions goes on all the more engaging.
  • And how about buildable walls like some of the town's and with gates, that'd make defending more fun
Other than that really nice work. Ill donate a few bucks to this project coz you guys are killing it. Keep up the good work

Last edited:
Level 3
Bug Report
  • Hi everyone. On the last level, the ship are not making noise when firing. Nor when they are attacked

Feedback
=> Great work guys ! I Love that mod ! Keep on going !

Bug Report
  • Hi everyone. On the last level, the ship are not making noise when firing. Nor when they are attacked

Feedback
=> Great work guys ! I Love that mod ! Keep on going !
We'll check SNDs of either ship models or the missiles. Although I'm sure the missiles had those a default Reforged thing :peasant-thinking:

Level 8
I actually have a bug report on the mod. Basically, when I tried to download the maps to play them the Map Loadout wasn't showing and the Units and Buildings wasn't showing as a well since the maps didn't load the models or it hasn't been updated for a long while now.

I actually have a bug report on the mod. Basically, when I tried to download the maps to play them the Map Loadout wasn't showing and the Units and Buildings wasn't showing as a well since the maps didn't load the models or it hasn't been updated for a long while now.
Are you playing in HD / Reforged?
Have you followed the "How to install"?

Level 2
I have a bug to report. I followed the instructions, load CSW in the campaign installer, start the game and I get to the point where battletnet pops up and wants me to sign in. My game crashes after signing into battlenet and I get an error with the pop up saying "The application encountered an unexpected error". I even tried turning off wifi to see if I can play offline but I also get an error message that way as well. Does this mod no longer work after the recent update? I saw someone else post something similar and wanted to see if anyone has been having the same issues or is it just me? Thanks!

I have a bug to report. I followed the instructions, load CSW in the campaign installer, start the game and I get to the point where battletnet pops up and wants me to sign in. My game crashes after signing into battlenet and I get an error with the pop up saying "The application encountered an unexpected error". I even tried turning off wifi to see if I can play offline but I also get an error message that way as well. Does this mod no longer work after the recent update? I saw someone else post something similar and wanted to see if anyone has been having the same issues or is it just me? Thanks!
Apologies for not addressing this on Hive.
Current patch has changed and broken some custom games, including our demo campaign missions.
Until we fix these issues there is no way to play it.

Fear not though, there were already some hotfixes from Blizzard as well as other modders working on it.

Level 2
Apologies for not addressing this on Hive.
Current patch has changed and broken some custom games, including our demo campaign missions.
Until we fix these issues there is no way to play it.

Fear not though, there were already some hotfixes from Blizzard as well as other modders working on it.
Thank you so much for your timely response! I’m late to this party and just learned about this project a few days ago. I’m very excited about what you guys are doing, I’m glad it hasn’t lost momentum, a little bummed I can’t play it but will be checking back for updates. Is Hive the best place to follow you guys or somewhere else? Also, shout out to the Shadi’s of the world!

Level 2
Hi, so I downloaded the content and applied the instruction- the campaign launches fine, but it's missing Unit models both during the cuts scenes and the game - I can see the shadow of the peon, but not the peon itself.
Is there a known fix, what am I missing exactly?

ShadiHD

Level 31
Hi, so I downloaded the content and applied the instruction- the campaign launches fine, but it's missing Unit models both during the cuts scenes and the game - I can see the shadow of the peon, but not the peon itself.
Is there a known fix, what am I missing exactly?

You need to follow the installation guide.

• download campaign > put it in campaign folder.
  • Download CSW installer > put in where you have installed WC3.
  • Download "CSW Aseets.csw".
  • load up the CSW installer, you'll be prompted to look for where the "asset" file has been downloaded, click it, and let it unpack until it's done.
  • restart PC.
  • Start WC3R and open custom campaigns from the main menu.
  • Play!

Level 2
You need to follow the installation guide.

• download campaign > put it in campaign folder.
  • Download CSW installer > put in where you have installed WC3.
  • Download "CSW Aseets.csw".
  • load up the CSW installer, you'll be prompted to look for where the "asset" file has been downloaded, click it, and let it unpack until it's done.
  • restart PC.
  • Start WC3R and open custom campaigns from the main menu.
  • Play!
This is exactly what I've done and stated saying "applied the instruction" - it went fine with no errors, but game is unplayable as I see no units at the moment.

Level 1
This is exactly what I've done and stated saying "applied the instruction" - it went fine with no errors, but game is unplayable as I see no units at the moment.
Hope someone figures this out exactly. I had the same issue and literally just re did the asset install, didn't restart my computer, and now it's working.

Level 1
Hi I have been playing the new chronicles of second war in the orc campaign. Im at the point where you assault Tyr's citidel. It goes to a cut scene and then you have to hold out as your peons construct a fortress. Theres a problem. The peons dont construct a fortress and when the timer runs out you dont succeed. The mission just never ends. Please help idk what to do from here tried a few things.

I will also add that at times when the cutscene to hold out for 6 minutes finishes you sometimes instant fail mission. Unsure why.

Level 2
i had the same issue with the red characters in cutscenes. after i re-ran the installer the problem went away.
i get quite a lot of fps lag and i have a nice PC (3080, 12700k).
the game is very good.

Level 2
Secret Mission 1:
-Alexstrasa would not become vulnerable after fleeing back to her nest. Upon multiple reloads she became vulnerable and I was able to kill her.

Secret Mission 2:
-It doesn't count as completed (Showing that I finished it in hard or normal difficulty), and none of my items on heroes carried over to following missions. and Tharbek did not get his level increased. When I now try to replay it from my last save on the map, it gives my computer the blue screen of death.

Secret Mission 3:
-It does not count as completed. I have not tried replaying it yet.

Chapters 12 and 13:
-Rend is not a hero. It seems like he is supposed to be but I do not own him as a unit, and he doesn't appear as a character. However, his dialogue still pops up and I will see him in the cut scenes. I tried replaying chapter 12 and Rend will not populate in as a hero.

Chapter 14:
-Rend is not a hero, and when I defeat the Archmage and destroy the Violet Citadel it doesn't give me an objective complete past killing the Archmage. I can complete the first phase of the mission just fine with Ogrim (however, he doesn't appear to keep any of his items from the Stratholme mission). I have tried using cheats as well as multiple reloads for the VCIolet Citadel bug and nothing seems to work here. I have done multiple replays on hard as well.

I love the campaign though, you guys did a great job! I'm looking forward to seeing your next project after you hammer out the bugs here.

Level 1
Secret Mission 1:
-Alexstrasa would not become vulnerable after fleeing back to her nest. Upon multiple reloads she became vulnerable and I was able to kill her.

Secret Mission 2:
-It doesn't count as completed (Showing that I finished it in hard or normal difficulty), and none of my items on heroes carried over to following missions. and Tharbek did not get his level increased. When I now try to replay it from my last save on the map, it gives my computer the blue screen of death.

Secret Mission 3:
-It does not count as completed. I have not tried replaying it yet.

Chapters 12 and 13:
-Rend is not a hero. It seems like he is supposed to be but I do not own him as a unit, and he doesn't appear as a character. However, his dialogue still pops up and I will see him in the cut scenes. I tried replaying chapter 12 and Rend will not populate in as a hero.

Chapter 14:
-Rend is not a hero, and when I defeat the Archmage and destroy the Violet Citadel it doesn't give me an objective complete past killing the Archmage. I can complete the first phase of the mission just fine with Ogrim (however, he doesn't appear to keep any of his items from the Stratholme mission). I have tried using cheats as well as multiple reloads for the VCIolet Citadel bug and nothing seems to work here. I have done multiple replays on hard as well.

I love the campaign though, you guys did a great job! I'm looking forward to seeing your next project after you hammer out the bugs here.
I want to echo that Rend observation on missions 12-14. it was very confusing, and felt like it was a glitch that he appears for cut-scene cinematics and disappears for the game-play, most especially true on Cho-Gall fight, because he is obviously there trapped in the same rooms; Even if he is a NPC that does nothing, at least you would see him. (Chogall maybe could cast the dark-entangle on Rend and he is trapped on the corner of the room for the entire fight)

Most importantly: On 14, I destroy the Violet Citadel and nothing happens, i remain stuck on the Cross Island and victory is not achieved. Even after restarting the mission and trying again. For now, I'm stuck on 14; but since i loved the game so much i will probably replay again from the beginning in the meantime.

Level 1
Im loving chronicles of the second war, but i think ive come across a glitch. In chapter 12, Rend is not showing up at all. I only have the 2 heros. I played all the way to the end fight with chogall before i realized he was supposed to be there too.

Level 3
It seems like I might have not post my report at the right place so... Sorry for the double post.

I am having an issue that make me not able to continue the campagn. You will find all the details at the link below (including a video of the issue)

Thanks !