• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ent Seed: Life of the Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
GOD DAMN IT!

indeed, the old site webadmin was messing with people's accounts and removed my ability to see attachments (for amusement)

he is now no longer the site admin, as panther (the site owner) has been wanting to get rid of him for a long time but did not have a replacement.

i wanted him to stop messing with my stuff, so i took the job.

Level 7
Thanks for the offer ;) I will make a techtree for Oaks. I have enough time this evening and i'm bored of making my map... Its too perfect^^

Level 15
Couldn't upload the picture on gamerisle so i did it here, i hope you don't mind.

Attachments

• Willow units.jpg
    Willow units.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 98
Level 17
JanSze, I can't figure out the techtree you made. although it LOOKS like units can be trained from buildings, which isn't how entseed works. I thought that was clear, but it was more clear on this board than the other one. It's also kindof empty. The casters need 3 separate spells, not an upgrading spell, cause upgrading spells are a hero thing.

Volvox, I'm not so sure about the centaur and the wood elf. they just don't really seem to fit this army. Centaur seem kindof Oakish, and A wood elf scout/ranger seems pretty mapleish. and a new name for the sun ent is needed, as theres nothing sunny about the army. theyre kindof mooney, if anything.

and what is with you people and your damn jpegs! I've been trying to nicely say, over and over. put them in txt files. jpegs are too much of a bitch to edit, and they shouldnt be used until everything is final. then instead of my nagging at you guys to fix things, I could fix it myself an post a fixed copy (when you guys are close).

and the reason you couldnt upload was cause your image was too big. I tried.

Level 7
umpfh. Sorry. It was not clear for me :confused: I will fix it :sad:

but dont be too strict to people who want only to help you darcholme. I can understand you 100%, too. But we only want to help you :wink:

Level 15
Well, i admit i can be quite stupid sometimes XD so being strict may be the only way to make me see what i am doing wrong... Yeah, txt files would probably save us time and nerves but you see, the last techtree was made by a program called FreeMind, i usually use it to study, make mind maps and so on, it's very useful. So i just took a screenshot and did the background in photoshop cs3, it has great brushes and effects. I can still easily change things back in FreeMind but what good is it to you XD Yeah, i'll do a txt version, i'll remove the elf and the centaur. Oh, and a little copmlain form me. You should have told me about the wood elf sooner.
Edit: full techtree added
Willow techtree

- Tree of life
-- Amber ent
--- Ancient willow
---- upgrades ent units
--- Root
---- gathers water
--- Faerie ent
---- light melee unit with phase shift
--- Midgard willow ent
---- heavy ranged unit
---- must root to fire, hurls boulders with splash damage
---- siege unit
--- Catkin willow ent
---- medium melee unit
---- entagling attack(prevents movement)
--- Weeping willow ent
---- heavy melee unit
---- raging roots(prevents movement of up to 3 nearby enemies)
--- Willow sentry
---- heavy melee caster
---- cleaving attack
---- spells:
----- initiate: surge of life(instant heal)
----- advanced: flurish(increases root's gathering efficiency)
----- master: darkbane(aura that damages nearby swamp ents)
-- Spirit of creation
--- Temple of the seasons
---- contains upgrades for spirit units
---- has a regeneration aura
--- Valkyre
--- light melee caster
---- spells:
----- initiate: cycle acceleration(heal over time)
----- advanced: reverse cycle(damage over time)
----- master: spirit of summer(morphs into a sunbird; ranged flyer)
--- Fylgja
---- eprmanently invisible spirit with no attack
---- spells:
----- initiate: reveal(reveals nearby invisible units on cast)
----- advanced: forest's weep(increases nearby allies' damage on cast)
----- master: gift of life(dies to ressurect a nearby allied unit)
--- Fairy
---- light melee caster
---- spells:
----- initiate: faerie flame(reduces enemy armor)
----- advanced: blossom(area heal)
----- master: faerie ashes(passive, restores nearby allies' health on death)
--- Black bear
---- heavy melee unit with hardened skin
--- Waheela(idea from the cryptids list)
---- fast ethereal wolf with spell attack(so that he attacks while being ethereal)
--- Wind lynx
---- very fast cat-like animal
---- has weak critical strike maybe?

Last edited:
Level 15
Well what's the use of a techtree witout descriptions, would you know what a wolf is just by hearing it's name? I am glad that you like this one, i passed half of wikipedia sources to get the ideas, especially for names. I also checked on all the sorts of willows. It was fun actually, and i learned something new :D Of course, if there is anything that needs repairing, i'll attend to it right away.

Volvox, it looks good... however (and Im pretty sure that Dark will back me on this)
Spirit of creation--Will be wisp for every race
Amber ent--The name woulnt be ent... it would be *blank* sapling
-----------As far as sapling names go here are the ones I came up with when I was originally doing the tech trees
-Sinister Sapling (swamp)
-Scarred Sapling (willow)
-Swift Sapling (maple)
-Sturdy Sapling (oak)
------------Also, (the following where my original intentions) every race would have the basic rune of defense as a tower and depending on how the tech tree went perhaps another tower. Also every race would have a type of thorn to act as an attacking wall for base def etc. I was also thinking that thorns would be invis unless attacking and have a range slightly longer than melee attacks.

There is my two cents
Good luck with the Tech Trees

Level 17
Meh. Need anything done competently dark? If you do Im here to help because... altho you have legal custody im still its birth parent :p

While you do make competent techtrees, you tend to take things in your own direction, and that direction doesnt always go with the one I had in mind.

Volvox, I like the new Techtree. looks great.I dont think there's a decent cat model though. So the cat may have to go.(it could be replaced with a Satyr or something maybe, we'l see.) Looks great for now though.

I actually like the new unit names. I think your naming scheme works well, although Amber is something I would associate with maple, as its an orangey yellow.

And yeah, every army will need defensive structures, but I dont see a need for them all to be different (other than with minor stat tweaks or something), so we can worry about them after.

I know you guys are trying to help, but what good would I be if I didn't edit the techtrees and tell you what needs changing so we can use them?

The alternative would be to just flat out reject them, and that would get us nowhere.

Level 23
Volvox, I like the new Techtree. looks great.I dont think there's a decent cat model though. So the cat may have to go.(it could be replaced with a Satyr or something maybe, we'l see.) Looks great for now though.

Why couldn't we take a cat model and I could edit the skin? I think I could make a bobcat or cougar with relative ease. Should I give it a shot?

Level 17
if you think you can turn the only cat in the game (the nightelf tiger mount) into a bobcat (with no rider, and bobcat-like proportions, appropriate animations etc) then be my guest.

If there's another Cat model to start from, then let's see it. if it has it's own anims then we just need to tweak the anims.

Come to think of it, if youre not able to do it, I could probably make it with some mesh deleting and re-rigging it to the wolf skeleton/anims.

Level 7
oook guys :D Its time for the reworked Oak techtree >.<
I splitted it to the Wisp and Sapling so it was easier to make in a txt! file ;)
Theres a scrnshot, too.

*upload*

Attachments

• Oak techtree - Wisp.txt
    1 KB · Views: 80
  • Oak techtree - Sapling2.txt
    984 bytes · Views: 106
  • Scrnshot tt.jpg
    Scrnshot tt.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 131
Level 17
Volvox. There are a few things to change, check our board. I put it in the proposed techtrees, first post.

and I think we should use the panther in willow as people were suggesting, for the color mainly, but also, a bobcat would go well in maple.

As for what needs doing, The Swamp Techtree needs revision.

Ezikielth has first dibs on the swamp tree if he wants them, but I dont know how he would feel about designing Swamp via my concepts instead of his.

Level 23
what about wolves? Swamp ould have wolves. Since all of the races seem to have different species. (Except bobcats are still felines)

Offtopic (kinda): Speaking of cats, my cat dissapeared. I've been depressed for a while (3 days now) so, ya, I'm not the happiest person in the world. :(

Level 23
funny thing is, he has gone through a lot. has dissapeared 2 other times, fallen from trees, seen 3 dogs move into our house (1 died of salmonela) and seen his sister die. :( He has had a hard life. Not to mention sacrid's cat has gotten him to live only on the second floor of our life thus causing a lot of mental stress for him. But in the end (so far, if he's still alive.) he became kitten-like and cheerful around me. :D

Level 23
Yeah, I know, but I always imagined him sticking around for a long time. His attitude and set mind (a lot like mine) made me think he knew what to do. But, my bond to my cat can never be helped. He was my first "truly mine" cat. His name was Tyko. And that named popped into my head, much like my username.

Sorry for the string of off-topics Darkholme. :/

Level 7
hi guys. I have internet here in our stop in germany (Bremen). How is my Techtree? Do you think it's good (enough)?
I feel sorry for you guys :/

Level 23
It looks great (as I say to everything...) but I can't really decide since it's Darkholme who should look at it.

He told me he have been busy this weekend, and will be til monday. So I guess we have to wait and see ._.

Level 7
I uploaded a NEW one. I dunno if you've already seen it.

oook guys :D Its time for the reworked Oak techtree >.<
I splitted it to the Wisp and Sapling so it was easier to make in a txt! file ;)

Attachments

• Oak techtree - Sapling2.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.