• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Ent Techtrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello, this is for my map EntSeed (originally started by Ezikielth, but I've ben the one working on it since the beginning, and I've basically made what's been done by myself.)

The basic mechanics work great (the jass), but the tech trees for the four ent armies are sparse, and I was hoping for some unit design help.

Here's the basic Idea.
- At the start of the match, you choose which of the four ent types you wish to play as (via upgrading the one starting unit into one of the 4 main starting units.
- You place your tree of life.
- The tree of life gives you an evolution hero (it evolves into one of the 3 heroes that exist for each army (you're only going to get one hero per match))
- Then your main building can build one of two units. a wisp, or a sproutling. Both of them gather your resources. Sproutlings gather water from the soil by becoming roots, and wisps gather raw materials from trees (as per usual)

So each army has two halves of their techtree. an ent half and a forest spirit half.
Thye shouldnt be able to build everything at once it should be like some sort of upgrade based thing (more upgrades than usual)

I need 4 or 5 ent units and 4 or 5 forest spirit units for each army, and I'm not sure what to make them.

Maple: Fast and Weaker
Oak: Tough and Slow
Swamp: Dark and Gloomy
Willow: Mysterious and Wondrous

I'm looking for whole army techtrees here. The spirits can look like other creatures. The ents can have temp models that are like other creatures (pick something that suits its role in the army)

As they're all ent armies, move speeds are not going to be very fast. move speeds should be between 40 (the minimum wc3 allows) and 100 for the ents, and the spirits can be a bit faster (60-120).

The goal is to make them be able to fight on par with the standard armies (as that's what CPU players will be using. Since they're slow, I see them being tougher overall.

Can anyone help me with this? So far I've been workign on this on my own and some help would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.