• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ent Seed: Life of the Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Okay... Eccho is back in business :D
Tomorrow as latest I will start with the multiboard. Ive finally made the resource system for a HoMM project, but now, no excuses.

Expect it to be finished as latest this weekend, but im going to fix it as fast as I can =)

Level 4
we have nothing modeled/textured/iconned, cause we dont know what units we need yet.

cause they're late.

if they aren't here tomorrow night i think we need to start looking for new people do do them. We shall have to assume the buggered off without saying anything.

as for a beta, i'd be cool with having a closed beta, but we're nowhere near ready for that yet. we basically have a script system and no armies.

wow workers ditching it... okay just tell me when you are almost finished or some what :D

Level 23
I made this lol its pretty epic
attachment.php

For the multiboard I really need those icons for water and minerals. Until then Im using the standard wc3 icons. So dont be too angry regarding the outcome of this mb:p

Level 23
Okay well, then I will take something else.
I found some which we could use instead, already existing in the wc3 directory.
But Ill show you when Im done with the leaderboard

Speaking of that, Im afraid that my mom's older xp-computer is useless regarding scipting... Somehow Im having issues while saving the map with WE Newgen, since pJass (syntax checker w/e) doesnt run instead of We normal syntax checker...

Im searching for a solution to the problem though... Otherwise I have to go to my dad this weekend (which I shouldnt...)

Anyway Im working on it. But the devil is making it hard for me >.<

Update: Screw Newgen at the moment, I cant get it to work properly. And I cant wait on it to work either. Ill code the multiboard in Newgen, but use the normal syntax checker... It prevents me from doing certain things though, but ill note where that is going to be.

\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\*_\\

Edit: Okay so im lost... Some units will also drain minerals? I looked through the thread and saw that minerals are replacing lumber and also using the standard wisp-way of harvesting lumbers from trees...

And you said tht water is gained per second, from certain buildings? I was thinking then, that if you already did this script, Im making a function which is calling an update to the leaderboard.
I actually need the scripting for the resources, or I cant do it the right way. (Or well, it would be a hell lot easier)

The thing I was saying about the minerals though... How can I possibly know how much the income is per second?
Normally wisps are harvesting 5 lumber on 10 seconds or something. (I guess it could be changed but it maybe doesnt look nice then). Otherwise if we are lucky, we can keep track of the wisps when they start the effect of the harvest ability - and the target point is a tree, and then give them a "dummy track ability", and remove it if they "leave a tree".

I need some answers please

Last edited:
Level 17
if you want to make a custom script for us with minerals and wisps thats fine, presently it does it the default way.

I can give you the scripts i have made for it so far if you want, but I dont want to put partly finished versionsof the map up in public until its beta ready. if you want to give me your email i an email it to you.

-------------

what about the unit lists? when are they coming?

Level 23
Well I can create those icons at request,just give me a straigth description and I'll start creating them right away

Sorry, I didnt see that one, so I didnt try to just bugg you off by saying: Ok then I take something else:p

I dont reallt know yet what desciption I should give you. Maybe if you can find some kind of a water drop, and maybe some kind of a mineral.

Darkholme, who is the ones that are supposed to work on the units?
They appear to not be here D:

Level 23
OKay, I let Darkholme decide the icons.

With or without icons anyway, Im done wth the resource(improvement) and multiboard system. Some temporary icons is currently used, but well

Here is a small screenie.
monitormn3.jpg

Still I believe it could be improved more than it is now (it has to be, or the game would lag some, if my observations are right)

Darkholme, you get the script in a PM

I wonder what uzi8 and hawk900 are doing really. They were last seen today :eek:

Level 17
ROFL. people are starting to think im a girl. maybe i should stop just using pictures of cool fictional characters, who seem to be female lately.

The icons look great, but I could have sworn that I've seen them before somewhere.

The screenshot looks awesome too. I haven't had time to test out the map you sent me yet, but I'll definitely give it a shot tomorrow if i have time.

The funny thing is, when I took the project over people joined it. when Ezikielth started Ent Seed, I was pretty much the only one who took to working on it. I dont know why.

Maybe it's because you all thought I was a hot gamer chick :p

I would have made a hot girl if I had the other chromasome. I'd make a hot girl if I had the other set of equipment, less hair, and boobs. :p But I'm just as good looking as a guy :p <==========jokes about this whole misunderstanding.

Level 23
Darkholme, since you asked/said about that chick named Einor or w/e, the chance of you being a lesbian was quite small ^_^? Ive assumed that you havent been:p

Regarding the icons, as NearbyHermit says some already exists in the mpq-directory.
There are tons of maps out there which are using them.

Volvox, Ive had some practice now ._.
Though I found a bug in ours, but ill tell you in a pm what should be changed

Darkholme, when it comes to the models, I think the roots are a little plain. Maybe we should add a little pool on the ground when they are built. Or someting. I know everything else has more priority though.

Level 17
lol. alright. the icons will be fine then. the root models are not custom. theyre defaults. theyre from a spell i think. either that or theyre from the entangled gold mine.

and volvox, less hair wouldnt make me a girl, but if i had as much hair as I do now, AS a girl, I'd be like one of those circus bearded ladies. and that would be the opposite of hot. chicks with chest hair +sideburns+a goatee = so not hot. lol
and i double checked the chick's name. its Eivor.

Level 17
I love the new icon. and yeah, this picture doesnt seem to make much of an avatar. it made a pretty good full drawing, but when i shrink it it looks ugly. i think ill change it back to when it was raziel if i can find the pic on my HD

as for what needs doing.

army lists, army lists, army lists.

and umm, heroes. and hero spells.

if you want you can work on an effect i wanted but didnt know if i would be able to do. make heroes create stuff like blight as they walk. so maple ents make yellow leaves cover the ground (we may need to modify the ground tile) and change the trees, swamp ents make real blight, etc.

hmm what else. oh
life cycle. heroes live 10 minutes then die and respawn immediately at their main base with more experience (1/4 of a level more for now) if they die before hte 10 mintes run out then the counter starts over after they respawn.

make it show how long before respawns.(regular deaths)

i had like 2 or three other things but i suddenly cant remember them. of well, its late and i have an interview in the morning. ill check back in later.

Level 23
Well... there are plenty worse things that Mike Tyson could do to a nice round hole wink*

You call this ontopic D:?

Anyway, have you looked at the Resource System yet Darkholme?
Hm also when I made it, I saw when testing that the hero scaling after a while is completely to big. I mean really big!

The hero-time-death-revival would not be a problem I think. The thing is that I've started coding for my Spells and Systems Contest (14), which started yesterday. So I might be off-track.

But ill do my best. And as for uzi and hawk... I think we need other people now

Level 15
if you want you can work on an effect i wanted but didnt know if i would be able to do. make heroes create stuff like blight as they walk. so maple ents make yellow leaves cover the ground (we may need to modify the ground tile) and change the trees, swamp ents make real blight, etc.
I did a similar thing with my guardian of the forest hero for the last hero competition. When you get a passive skill, that skill leaves grassy trail where ever the hero walks. It's an easy thing to make.

Level 23
Nice volvox.

Darkholme I think it should be great. Maybe we can find some users there as well who are willing to help us.
I dont know that much about Gamers Isle though, so I can't* really tell if they're good.
I guess you are?

Last edited:
Level 7
i think this can get a really big thing! Keep up the good organisated work^^
i want to play it >.<

Level 15
And here is my humble willow techtree. Not as fancy as Ezekielth's but i think it does the job. If you have any suggestions on changing unit names, i'll listen. I've also thought of every unit's role and abilities, if you want, i'll write it all down.
P.S.
resizing messed up the text, double-click for full resolution before objecting about spelling mistakes :p

Attachments

• Willow units.jpg
    Willow units.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.