• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elderscrolls V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
It has blasters, yeah. Nothing too special if you ask me. Lightsabers are MUCH more powerful. I was able to hit 50's with my level 20 Soldier/Jedi Guardian.

Level 14
All I know is that Oblivion has been a real disappointment from Bethesda. I mean Morrowind was superb, Tribunal not so much and Bloodmoon again was epic. But, neither of these could compare with Dagerfall. Now that's an RPG.

The only thing Oblivion is better at then it's predecessors is the AI. Graphics can easily be tweaked using MGE for TES 3 to make it look exactly like Oblivion, LOD and all. The combat system was better, in my opinion, in TES 3. And another thing is that Morrowind's CS is a lot better than Oblivion's. Oblivion's can't even handle proper lyp sync nor can it manipulate 3d sound.

What I would like for TES 5 is either Elsweyr or Akavir(preferably Akavir). Skyrim would be similar to Solsteim I imagine. Black Marsh is... a plain swamp. Summerset Isles might be nice, but I imagine it would be filled with Daedric ruins which I'm pretty sick of. Valenwood might be nice.

Anything exotic would do. I don't want to play Cyrodiil which was made so badly. I mean come on, Blackwood and the Great Forest were terribly made. We were lead to believe they would be exotic places, a dangerous murky swamp and an exotic rain forest. At least Vvardenfell was done properly and it really did feel like an alien world. The Shivering Isles were good, though.

Oh and another thing: Fast travel, map quest markers and the leveled item/creature system completely ruined the game. Also, the story is very linear, whereas in Morrowind you had several choices on how to some quests. Not only that but a lot of things were affected based on your race and the guilds you were in unlike in Oblivion where there was no connection between the small number of guilds.

Level 15
Morrowind was better than Oblivion, but the combat still sucked. I was CLEARLY aiming at the guy I was trying to hit... so why isn't he taking damage? What the hell is that?

Level 14
It's supposed to represent a dice system. It is used in real RPGs like D&D, Neverwinter Nights... Basically they didn't add the animation for the dodge but that's pretty much what it is. You throw your dice based on your skill in the weapon class, your fatigue and agility? and the opponent throws his dice based on his agility, speed? and unarmored skill and if he gets the bigger number he evades the attack. If not you hit him. Don't really know the exact formula, but that's pretty much what it is, all that's missing is the evade animation.

Level 15
I got that now, but back when I just got the game, I was clueless. The lack of an "evasion" animation is quite gamebreaking, if you ask me.

Level 9
It was a much to basic engine to be used for games as vast as FO3 or Oblivion. It worked out for the most part but when you did encounter bugs or got the few frequent ones the quickly got on your nerves -.- Yes hopefully they have got the new one running well enough to handle an expansive game.

Level 15
It was a much to basic engine to be used for games as vast as FO3 or Oblivion. It worked out for the most part but when you did encounter bugs or got the few frequent ones the quickly got on your nerves -.- Yes hopefully they have got the new one running well enough to handle an expansive game.

Gamebryo is just a jumbled mess. Sure, it looks pretty, but the framework and everything else is just patched together willy nilly. Though, the modified version of Gamebryo they used for Morrowind was fine.

Level 15
Gamebryo is just a jumbled mess. Sure, it looks pretty, but the framework and everything else is just patched together willy nilly. Though, the modified version of Gamebryo they used for Morrowind was fine.
If you ignore the pathing issues involved with maneuvering around tight spaces and jumping- which occurred quite often- then sure, it was fine.

Level 6
If you ignore the pathing issues involved with maneuvering around tight spaces and jumping- which occurred quite often- then sure, it was fine.

Oblivion is more of a platformer than Morrowind, but less than Halo 3. I really didn't make much thought on jumping. For the most of the time, it was my only defense, on III and IV. And I used it to skip difficult dungeon parts in oblivion only, especially in Ayleid ruins. But since this is an RPG, platforming issues don't really break the game.

My concern is, really, that the story gets better and the spirit from Morrowind returns. Then Skyrim, Elsewyr, Valenwood, what the heck.... Altough Valenwood would really do it for me, since I allways role wood elf :spell_breaker:

Level 15
Oblivion is more of a platformer than Morrowind, but less than Halo 3. I really didn't make much thought on jumping. For the most of the time, it was my only defense, on III and IV. And I used it to skip difficult dungeon parts in oblivion only, especially in Ayleid ruins. But since this is an RPG, platforming issues don't really break the game.

No, he's right, Morrowind did have some pathing issues. Of course, in Morrowind, i just used levitate to float over an enemies head and beat the crap out of him.

Speaking of which, I hope Levitate and chameleon come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.