1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by Geazergimli2, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    it sounds like you're only doing "fus" which does, yes, only stagger opponents

You have to hold down the button (Z by default) if you want to use all 3 words, which makes it much more powerful and lets you hurl people off of high buildings - that never gets old :D

2. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ...While sneaking, with a super-advanced Sneak perk and with Dark Brotherhood clothes.

P.S: You can't sneak on Dragons. And did you every try to sneak on ANYTHING outside(e.g not inside a cave or a dungeon)? I'll give you a hint. I have 100 in Sneak, all Sneak perks, Light Armor, dual-daggers, and a necklace of Major Sneaking, yet I still cannot sneak up on a forsworn inside an outside camp without a lot of effort. You really need some 'skill' to be able to sneak on people.

Now let's take your magic. Dual-wielding the weakest spell in the game(Sparks I think? Someone mentioned it last page) can deal as much as 25 damage, and I'm going to guess it's spam-able. That means you can probably deal as much damage as a sneaky thief with your magic, if you have powerful magic, equipment, and perks; Just without having the trouble of sneaking up on someone.

Fus Ro Dah is pretty damn effective. ._.
    For one, if you're on a bridge, or any high place, you can insta-kill anything with a single fus-ro-dah. If you're NOT in a high place, you can still use it to knock someone out for quite some time. I'd guess the better players among us could probably kill someone while they're down. Personally, I find that very difficult with daggers(hard to aim and such), since I just don't see my target when I run up close to it and fail to focus my camera on them. But for a ranged character(fireballs, for example), you could probably just burn them while they're down and kill them instantly.

3. Dratz

Dratz

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Unrelenting Force shout is one of the strongest tools you can use against a group of enemies, in a tight corridor or tunnel, or simply if they're in line.
    As a dual-wielding war-axe Nord fella, I use it quite frequently to bring my opponents to the ground and burst them down while they're trying to stand up.
    It's basically the most efficient technique, at least for me.

Also, being able to enchant your armor and accessories with 100% resistance bonuses means that you've spent a good amount of time grinding skills and passively looting ingredients, right?
    Same goes for blacksmithing, which provides most of the best armor sets in the game, doesn't it?

4. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I've got to say, Krii Lun Aus is damn good shout. (Kill, Leech, Suffer - Marked for Death)
    Reduces health capacity, armor rating and stamina of target by some %.

Combine it with Iis Slen Nus (Ice Form) to instakill a group of enemies.

5. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    you can sneak kill dragons, heck you can even one-hit ancient dragons with sneak

let's compare:
    one handed/two/bows
    - perk for +100% damage
    - 100 pt in skill +40% damage

enchants and equipment skills
    - one handed up to +188% damage enchants alone
    - two handed up to +188% damage enchants alone
    - bow up to +188% damage enchants alone
    - weapons get progressively better as you progress in the game
    - you can smelt even better ones

destrution magic
    - perk for 50% shock/fire/ice damage
    - spells are of a fixed damage

enchants and equipment skills
    - no known enchants or equipment that raises destruction damage in any way
    - staves burn out deadly fast not to mention their pathetic damage output moreover.. who uses them ?

the strongest spells in game do 150 AOE damage 300 AOE damage over 10 seconds and 112 damage/second (maximum damage boosts)
    it occupies both hands and due to raw mp cost of above 1000 mp they are unusable without severe MP reduction enchants/gear (which nukes all your MP regen useable for other spells)

and ultimately are bested by adept/expert level skills

while melee weapons actually outdamage them by a lot with no cost and significantly higher DPS
    nobody serious runs around with robes, but enchanted armor instead
    see what I did there ?

you can do ok with magic it may be fun, if you love to stand around hoping for the target to finally die
    and yeah I'm talking about master difficulty, all builds are plenty below that
    however the difference gets more and more apparent as you progress
    as soon as you get to your adept/expert skills it will be "yes, thats it" there is no real way to upgrade anything beyond that only difference will be how fast your mp regens and that is even on top tiers still crap
    no equipment levels or stats will do jack shit
    while melee/bow players can keep on upgrading loong after throughout the game

6. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aren't there better skillbooks somewhere? :S

And not really. They only way I can improve my Dragonscale Armor (Legendary) at this point is by enchanting it, and I'm level 42. I need another level for Arcane Smithing.

But of course, we're talking about weapons. I've got a Legendary Glass Dagger and an Epic Ebony Dagger(Legendary Glass out-does the damage output of Epic Ebony, I just stupidly threw away the glass daggers I found earlier and now I'm hunting for one), and again, the only way they can be any better is by enchanting. I suppose you could argue that Daedric weapons are better, but I didn't find any of those yet... Can you even obtain them without using Smithing?
    Either way, on their own, they deal only about 30 damage. Combined, they deal around 60(dual-wielding). With sneaking(something that actually requires skill, unlike casting spells until everything dies, at least while outside a cave), I currently deal ~900 damage, and I guess that will increase to 1800 when I get into the Dark Brotherhood. But either way, there's not a whole bunch of ways I can improve my stuff.

7. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Who thinks that they should make some Combo mode for skyrim ? like in PoP Prince of Persia :D ???

8. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Started the game yesterday, I'm level 3 now and I want to ask, will I come through the game fine by using a sword weapon in one hand and a nuke magic spell in my other? I like it a lot and it also seems to kill very fast currently but I don't know for later (I have sword + that fire spell currently and a quick weapon change hotkey to change sword to a healing spell when needed, I'm class High Elf).

9. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You people are like an oldman crying out loud because of innovations. You try to state your oldgen opinion like it is the way it is supposed to be. Skyrim is brand new, it is not supposed to be the way you expect it to be, accept it was the point of view of creators. Talknig crap about the graphics, comparing it to Oblivion as it was better doesn't make you look smarter or game expert. Skyrim is wonderful and unique game. And I am not stating my very personal opinion, I look at it from different angle. So stop being typical whining crowd of oldman's attitude.

10. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rarely will you need to switch for something else than sword and destruction but it does depend on you're difficulty and how much potions you got.

11. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think you can find daedric weapons but only after 50+ something
    so pretty much only smithing
    also you can turn ebony weapons and armor into daedric in atronach forge, but you need to have conjuration at 90 and complete the dremora quest
    it's a perfect way for those with no smithing skill or perks in it to get their hands on daedric gear...
    (I punched a wall when I found this out, considering how many ebony gears I threw away)

and you can go over legendary upgrade (not name, just status change)
    by raising smithing over 100 via pots or enchants
    -technically- you can get smithing to 600 lvl
    think it was proven that maximum upgrade is +112 damage to both one and two handed weapons (see what I'm talking about borked ?)

12. Dratz

Dratz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ironside, yes, pretty much. that's how I went through most of the game until I got myself a second one-handed war axe of awesomeness.

You'd probably need to learn 'Fast Healing' tho. With Fast Healing in your left hand and a one-handed weapon in your right, you should be able to make it easily.

Actually, now that I think about it, the only spell that I use for anything other than fun, is Fast Healing.

Sure, dual-casting fireballs provides you with some pretty spell effects and a bit of AoE damage, but it also eats your magicka up. I don't think you'd be able to dual cast that spell because of the lack of magicka, unless you're a mage with robes, circlets and a staff.
    I mean, a fireball does like 1/4 the damage of a power attack with my war axe. It also drains half of my magicka pool. And I've invested a few points into magicka and destruction.

You should have different sets of weapon configurations to use for any different scenario. I, for example, have a shield, a couple of destruction spells and Fast Healing, and a second weapon for dual wielding.
    (I only use one-handed weapons, as you might have already noticed. C:)
    So far, it's proven to be quite efficient. I'm plowing through enemies like a boss, I also kill dragons with two power attacks, because I face them head-on. :ogre_datass:

13. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok nice, what about my brother, he plays two hand destruction with regeneration on a quick hotkey, we both play medium difficulity.

14. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, no worries then. On medium difficulty you can probably get through the game without wearing any weapons at all. :D

15. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok awesome.

16. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I am playing in Medium, and about anything can instakill me in just a few seconds, even though I have Superior Heavy Armor. Arrows are the deadliest, then comes spells. Melee can be easily avoided in most cases.

17. Namorax

Namorax

Resources:
    Resources:
    I admit I havent read all the previouse pages (only 3-4 of them) and I wanted to post my two cents for this game:

I started playing the Elder Scrolls-Series with Morrowind, I tried Oblivion and now I'm playing Skyrim. The whole Elder Scrolls series is evolving, but instead of making a better PC-RPG, they try to turn it into a PC-Console-Hybrid game (meaning you program one game that can be used for PC and for console without having to add anything). Of course, Bethesda really improved many features of the series when they started out, but at the same time they removed lots of things just to make this game easier for console Players:

Compared to Morrowind they removed an awful lot in Skyrim:
    -Morrowind had way more equipment-slots (15+shield and weapon) then Skyrim (6+Item in Left/Right hand),
    -Morrowinds UI had all you could wish for, making it easy to customize, whereas Skyrim uses hardcoded Keys that are only great/fun if you use a controller instead of an keyboard-mouse combination.
    -Morrowinds reputation system was way better, every citizen recognized you as the Leader of the Mage/Fighter-Guild or the Legion or one of the Houses even if you entered a city for the first time. You could see how much more the people liked you if you were the leade of lots of factions istead of just a nobody ;)
    -Most of all I miss the old Enchanting- and Spell-Creation menus. It was possible to enchant a weapon with permanent enchantments and all you needed for a really powerful enchantment was the soul of something powerful.

All these complaints dont ean I dont want any progress:
    -Skyrims Crafting system is wonderful, and apparently easy to mod
    -Dualwielding is always useful for those who need it (I like using a shield, sue me :p)
    -Riding of a horse (if you got one) makes travelling easier
    -Morrowind never had something like the journal or the Compass to help you find certain Locations, etc

My only complaint is that Skyrims lost some of its best aspects in order to compromise with console-gamers. Why not keep everything that was great in the old games, and add the new, also great things on top of it?
    If you take a closer look, many of the recent game changes were done just to accomodate consoles. Remember Oblivions god-awful UI?
    I dont have a problem with Console-Gamers, its just that they should keep their games and leave our PC-Games alone. ;)

18. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wait, are all of you guys playing on like Master?
    I'm playing on Adept. :( I thought I was pretty hardcore, seeing how many people I personally know go on Novice or Apprentice. :D

19. Dratz

Dratz

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's hard enough to find the best items in the game even now, when they're only 8 slots, don't you think?

Have you even played Skyrim? After like 5 minutes into the game all people start calling you Dovahkiin. Then, as you become more and more important, people start calling you all sorts of things, there are also region-specific phrases.

That only makes the game less challenging. Having a permanent, cheap, and overly powerful enchantment is a bit silly, isn't it? Same goes for the infamous player-created spells, doesn't it?

I agree about the UI, it doesn't really suffice. You can favorite your most frequently used items/spells and then bind them to a few keys (1-0) but it isn't a whole lot comfortable. But hey, that isn't much of a problem now, is it?

20. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    rofl i never tried it out after shouting at the greybeards...i'll have to do it on some randoms, it sounds pretty damn good.
    personally i only ever use slow time, just because it's cool. I love slowing time, even if it interferes badly with my spell casting. or storm call. that's just plain badass