• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Also, just joined college of winterhold faction. I'm enjoying every second of skyrim, I was doing a lot of side quests rather than main questlines, I never fast travel or wait, I rp to the game's core! I am already level 38 and I didn't even visited graybeards yet. I know I am so lazy.
I tried that too, gave up by level 20. Takes way too long when I've trying to find certain materials for smithing or I'm full on loot.

Level 35
Also, just joined college of winterhold faction. I'm enjoying every second of skyrim, I was doing a lot of side quests rather than main quest-lines, I never fast travel or wait, I rp to the game's core! I am already level 38 and I didn't even visited graybeards yet. I know I am so lazy.

Hehe, I visited them and thats all I've done and I am closing in on max level in just a few levels.. and with 140+ hours of playtime.. I am beginning to consider to move on with the main, but the quests just keeps stacking up and wanted to clear most of them first.. :week:

Have a odd feeling that it will make main a good deal harder to do as everything scale to your level when you first enter the area. :wsmile:

Level 49
Oh god...
I'm crashing every time I try to enter Alftand Animonculory. This is pretty bad, as I need to go there as part of the Main Quest to retrieve the elder scroll. Teleporting there with console commands crashes me as well. Putting on Low settings doesn't help. Windowed Mode doesn't help. I was in Alftand before, and I cleared it all up, but I couldn't proceed to Blackreach because I didn't have the quest yet. Now I do have it, and it crashes. :|

Level 22
Stormcloaks! I always side with the natives (especially if they look like vikings).

Oh god...
I'm crashing every time I try to enter Alftand Animonculory. This is pretty bad, as I need to go there as part of the Main Quest to retrieve the elder scroll. Teleporting there with console commands crashes me as well. Putting on Low settings doesn't help. Windowed Mode doesn't help. I was in Alftand before, and I cleared it all up, but I couldn't proceed to Blackreach because I didn't have the quest yet. Now I do have it, and it crashes. :|

Have you tried reinstalling? Or maybe delete all mods, if you have any.

Level 13
lucky, and i wish you more luck :D Enjoy da game.
Everyone who has old pcs, use this mod http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4387 you need to have game on steam, or updated to version 4 and Skse latest version, this mode increased my performance for about 15 fps, and there is no more lagging while i'm exploring areas.
BTW: From last week, my skyrim started to get blue screens, i mean empty areas, half of building aren't loaded, my hero disappears in third person, my weapon gets transparent.. Does anybody know why? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Level 27
Man i find this really weird sometimes i defeated morokei but i am unable to get close to him let alone fight him with melee. I had to revert to dual magic and a lot of potions and hiding behind pillars etc. to defeat him. Even in my werewolf form he would just do two lightning attacks that kill me. He does an insane amount of damage (I'm heavy armored!)

Although the wikipedia says you can kill him with 10-15 hits when you're in werewolf form, what a bunch of fucking bullshit i don't do damage for shit against this guy and even if i could he would kill me like a goddamn insect.

Sometimes....

Level 12
What level are you? :O

I handle Dragon Priests pretty easily with my bow and Marked for Death shout.

around 40 now. It doesn't matter if you can't kill them before they do the same to you with their destructive AOE spells though.. Both forsworn briarhearts and dragon priests have been such a pain in the ass for me, they are harder than dragons themselves, hands down. They are even the hardests of things I've confronted by now, I can tell. Even if you have a high armor rating, they will deal extreme damage to you like in no time and you can find yourself dead before you even realize that you will die in the next second. However, I've found a way to counter this as well, if you are a good restoration user (you must be, if you consider yourself a pro though) ward spells come really handy in there. I didn't think that ward spells might have been that useful until I tried it out with a briarheart. It makes you almost invincible to spell damage provided that you have magicka (well, the magnitudes of ward and spell damage matters though since ward spell can only reduce a limited count of damage, so I advice using the best ward spell possible)

Level 49
Dragon Priests are easy for me.
My Light Armor is around 85+, and my One-Handed is 80+.
I'm using dual Glass Swords (Epic) and all I have to do is use Elemental Fury. :)
Hope that helped, guys. :xxd:

The main thing is getting close to them, or avoiding their attacks. Getting Frost\Fire resistant armor is a good idea. Also, Marked For Death softens them up a lot, making them extremely vulnerable to attacks. And finally, if all else fails, Ice Forms will freeze their in place for a while, so you could run up to them and just kill them. Elemental Fury doesn't work on enchanted weapons.

around 40 now. It doesn't matter if you can't kill them before they do the same to you with their destructive AOE spells though.. Both forsworn briarhearts and dragon priests have been such a pain in the ass for me, they are harder than dragons themselves, hands down. They are even the hardests of things I've confronted by now, I can tell. Even if you have a high armor rating, they will deal extreme damage to you like in no time and you can find yourself dead before you even realize that you will die in the next second. However, I've found a way to counter this as well, if you are a good restoration user (you must be, if you consider yourself a pro though) ward spells come really handy in there. I didn't think that ward spells might have been that useful until I tried it out with a briarheart. It makes you almost invincible to spell damage provided that you have magicka (well, the magnitudes of ward and spell damage matters though since ward spell can only reduce a limited count of damage, so I advice using the best ward spell possible)

Those two enemies, plus mages and Falmer Shadowmasters are the only enemies I've ever had trouble with in the game, yet all of them fall fairly easily to Marked for Death and a few dual-wielding dagger attacks, or bow shots. Sneaking is just too overpowered and doesn't let you increase your armor skills, so the advice I'm giving is only when you cannot sneak. Because sneaking WILL kill EVERYTHING in one-two hits. Either way, if mages give you trouble, get frost\fire\storm resistant armor, preferably with the Two Enchantments perk.

I'm 30 now, i think i was 28-29 back then. I'm playing on adept, and he still killed me in 2-3 lightning hits.

Well, that's a really low level to encounter Dragon Priests. :p I found my first ones at about level 40-45. Make sure you have some good armor(preferably Dragonscale\Dragonplate\Daedric with enchantments, depending on your primary armor skill). Also, constantly move and evade their attacks, or hide behind pillars. I find lightning attacks really hard to evade, though, since they seem so... Accurate, and instant.

Well, levels don't really matter, because they scale with you. The difficulty does matter. It's been a long time since I fought one of those priests, but I remember him killing me in like 2-3 hits (on master). I always summon something when fighting those bastards. :p

I remember reading in the wiki somewhere that level does matter, and enemies do not level with you. Instead, you just encounter more powerful varieties of monsters as you level up. (Falmer --> Falmer Gloomlurkers --> Falmer Shadowmasters, for example. Or, Draugr --> Draugr Wights --> Draugr Scourges --> Draugr Deathlords)

Level 12
I remember reading in the wiki somewhere that level does matter, and enemies do not level with you. Instead, you just encounter more powerful varieties of monsters as you level up. (Falmer --> Falmer Gloomlurkers --> Falmer Shadowmasters, for example. Or, Draugr --> Draugr Wights --> Draugr Scourges --> Draugr Deathlords)

this is not the case with the dragon priests and few other mobs.

The main thing is getting close to them, or avoiding their attacks. Getting Frost\Fire resistant armor is a good idea. Also, Marked For Death softens them up a lot, making them extremely vulnerable to attacks. And finally, if all else fails, Ice Forms will freeze their in place for a while, so you could run up to them and just kill them. Elemental Fury doesn't work on enchanted weapons.

Ah, I see. I haven't enchanted my weapons yet, I'm aiming to be a master at Enchanting first so I'll get the most out of my custom weapons.

You forgot the FUS RO DAH-ing Draugr Death Overlords. :xxd:

Level 22
I actually have been thrown back by their shouts a couple of times. But only by the unique wights like Red Eagle, I think. Some of them use the dismantle (or what's it called?) shout as well. Very annoying when they use this on my followers without me realizing it. Costs me another weapon. :p

Level 12
I actually have been thrown back by their shouts a couple of times. But only by the unique wights like Red Eagle, I think. Some of them use the dismantle (or what's it called?) shout as well. Very annoying when they use this on my followers without me realizing it. Costs me another weapon. :p

do you mean disarm?

Level 22
Yeah, that's the one. xP
Have they never used that against you?

Oh, have you guys seen an item called Do Not Delete?
I was able to buy it from Arcadia from Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun.
When I drop it, it acts like the floating paintbrush in Oblivion.

Never seen anything like that. Sounds like a bug to me, but I'm not sure...

Level 12
I've confronted one draugr scourge lord or something like that who uses that. Since I rarely bring followers with me because of extreme dangers lie ahead, I had to deal with that disarm shout myself instead of my follower being target, lol. Believe me, it's worse. After many retries, finally I had to sneak up from a distance and keep shooting arrows until he died.

or just make sure your follower has several weapons in case you're going up someone with disarm. If it gets blown off, they'll just pull out another weapon, and you can pick the old one back up after the battle.

I always found disarm enemies very annoying since I only ever really carry one weapon, and my computer's laggy so trying to search for it in the middle of a battle is quite difficult.

Level 34
Pyritie, why don't you use the mod i posted in previous page ?
That mod requires you install a script or whatever it is. It also would be out of date every patch, and although they won't patch that often, I'd rather not have the hassle. If my game lagged, then perhaps, but overall it doesn't seem worth it.

That mod requires you install a script or whatever it is. It also would be out of date every patch, and although they won't patch that often, I'd rather not have the hassle. If my game lagged, then perhaps, but overall it doesn't seem worth it.

the mod manager that skyrimnexus has does the auto-updating for you. Well for most things at least, I dunno if it does it for SKSE or not.

Level 13
What are you talking about? If you download 1 version of mod, and have fitting skse, you have never again to go download mod or skse...
*confused*
and Nexus mod manager doesn't autoupdate skse.
Edit: Installing Mod, and skse takes 1 min max.

I believe he means that you have to download a new version of SKSE everytime Skyrim itself is updated.

Level 34
Tyranid is correct.

the mod manager that skyrimnexus has does the auto-updating for you. Well for most things at least, I dunno if it does it for SKSE or not.
I didn't think it used Mod Manager?! I'll double check that tomorrow.

I finally got Skyrim, made a woman Nord, dual wielder with a bit of summoning I guess... I've yet to encounter a dragon in a fight...

I've noticed that more of them tend to spawn the farther along in the main quest you get. Either that or your level. I dunno which. But I've been getting increasingly more frequent dragon fights too.

Level 35
I've confronted one draugr scourge lord or something like that who uses that. Since I rarely bring followers with me because of extreme dangers lie ahead, I had to deal with that disarm shout myself instead of my follower being target, lol. Believe me, it's worse. After many retries, finally I had to sneak up from a distance and keep shooting arrows until he died.

And thats where the conjure and summon comes in handy :p

Level 34
And thats where the conjure and summon comes in handy :p
Or simply use shouts to win. Duel wield is easy mode for me right now since I can kill people before they get back up from my Unrelenting Force. It's on Master. Level 32 or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.