• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf Campaign (Voice Acted)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
About Dwarf Campaign
GG&K's Dwarf Campaign is a story-driven fully voice acted single player campaign for WarCraft III The Frozen Throne that sends the dwarves of Khaz Modan on a quest to explore the unknown, in hopes of saving their ancestral homeland. The campaign has three missions where you can choose to play from four difficulty settings and also features custom monsters, scripted events, music and spells. As an added bonus, the stand-alone version of Chapter 3 supports a two-player mode.

Features
  • Single player
  • Story driven — Loosely based on Warcraft III lore
  • 3 long chapters — Total of 8 hours of gameplay
  • Fully voice acted
  • Multiple puzzles and quests to solve
  • Four difficulty levels
  • Custom graphics
  • Mechanics similar to standard Warcraft III — Little learning curve
  • Bonus — Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods supports also 2-player mode
Sequel – Gnoll Campaign: Return to Yeenador
Sound Mind Games has released a sequel to the Dwarf Campaign called Gnoll Campaign: Return to Yeenador. You can download it using the following link:
Gnoll Campaign (Voice Acted)

Required Warcraft III Version
Warcraft III: Reforged, Patch 1.35.0 or later (SD graphics)

Installation Instructions

As of Warcraft III: Reforged, patch 1.35.0, you can install the campaign as follows:

Windows
  1. Download DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n from the Hive Workshop (using the big download button)
  2. Copy DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n to Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns. If the Campaigns folder does not exist, you must create it.
macOS
  1. Download DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n from the Hive Workshop (using the big download button)
  2. Open Finder.
  3. Press and hold the OPTION/ALT key down, then go to the Finder menu in the top menu bar and open the "Go" menu. When you are holding the OPTION/ALT key down, the Library option will appear in the dropdown menu. Click "Library". Now you are in the Library folder.
  4. Open Application Support → Blizzard → Warcraft III.
  5. Create a "Campaigns" folder, if it does not exist.
  6. Copy DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n to the Campaigns folder.
Playing the Dwarf Campaign
  1. Start Warcraft III: Reforged.
  2. Select Single Player → Custom Campaign.
  3. Select Dwarf Campaign in the file menu.
  4. Click Play Campaign.
Selecting the Right Difficulty
Easy:
If you have been long time away from Warcraft III and you have not honed your skills to play the game lately, please choose the Easy difficulty.

Normal: If you know how the game functions, you are able to use hero abilities effectively, train a good mix of units, and create a good army, but you do not consider yourself as a super-good player, we recommend playing on the Normal difficulty.

Hard: If you are actually pretty good at the game, you can use hero and unit abilities to the maximum effect, you are able to micro units well, you know how to build an extremely effective army, and you know well what different abilities, items, and upgrades do, we recommend that you play on the Hard difficulty.

Very Hard: This difficulty is probably best used when two professional players are playing Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods together. It can also be chosen when single players want ultimate challenge.

SPECIAL! Playable as separate map files
You can download the Dwarf Campaign chapters as separate maps from dwarfcampaign.com:
- Chapter 1: Defenders of Dwarvenkind
- Chapter 2: City of the Seven Mithril Golems
- Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods (this chapter is also playable by two co-operative players online)

Credits
Tommi Gustafsson: AI Programming, Minor Cinematic Sequences, Dialogue Scripting, Game Programming, Gameplay Balancing, Level Design, Monster Design and Balancing, Playtesting, Quality Assurance, Skill Design, Skill Balancing, Sound Editing, Story Writing, Terraining, and Web Pages.
Janne Gustafsson: Major Cinematic Sequences, Dialogue Scripting, Game Programming, Icon Design, Level Design, Modeling, Music Environment Design, Playtesting, Quality Assurance, Skinning, Story Writing, and Terraining.
Mikko Kangas: Dialogue Scripting, Grammar and Spelling Check, Level Design, Quality Assurance, and Story Writing
Blizzard Entertainment: WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos, WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne, Potion icons, Crossbow icons, Helmet icons, Meteor Swarm icon, and Brain icon.
GreyArchon: Thorp Blackpaw model, Dwarf Paladin model, Dwarf Statue models, Khaz Modan Banner skin, Malbodion model (partly), Bark Sharpnose model, Mithril Golem skin, and Modi Stonerunner model.
Panu Uomala: Artwork for the Map in City of the Seven Mithril Golems.
Benjamin Berts: Dwarven Worker icon
Diegoit: Lost Kobold model
Donut3.5: Faceless Mage model
Purplepoot: Faceless Mage model
Cookie: Force Gem model
Skizot: Potion models
IamMclovin: Dwarven Worker model
General Frank: Dwarven Warrior model and icon
Aaron Norell and Jaysin (www.dpistudios.net): Artwork for the dwarf picture in the loading screen
Carl Orff, MIT Concert Choir: Carmina Burana, O Fortuna (From the Free Music Archive, License: CC BY NC 3.0 US)
Kurt Rickerd and Matt Marcy: Dwarven Defenders
Pauli Kanervisto and Kei Uchida: Playtesting
DKSlayer: Chat message parsing algorithm

French Localization Team
Executive producer: Mister X
Chapter 1 translator: Gamers.jeux
Chapter 2 translator: Trollxul
Chapter 3 translator: Armelior
Anime expert: Aka Guymelef

Voice Actors
Chapter 1: Defenders of Dwarvenkind
Dylan: Andun Silverbeard, Buri Frostbeard, Yip-Horf, Lead Acolyte, Necromancers, Other acolytes, Dwarven Ancestral Spirits, and Goblin Armsdealer
Magic: Malbodion and Modi Stonerunner
SamuraiPanda: Ner'zhul (Lich King) and Golems
Jesse Cox: Jinto Reedwine
Writer: Dwarven Miner, Dwarven Mechanic, Dwarven Guard, Dwarven Smith, and Mortar Team
Lavarinth: Dwarven Captain and Gnoll Overseer
Shaggy Shanahan: Ogre Mauler (in prison), Gnolls (in prison), Gnoll Brute, and Ogre Lord (in encampment)
Tag Daze: Drunken Dwarves
Ed Khoo: Narrator
Timothy Banfield (FunnyGuyTimmy): Dwarf interface sounds

Chapter 2: City of the Seven Mithril Golems
JDJones: Theodin Rockheart
nevernotninja: Erogdin Earthstorm
Ben Balmaceda: Buri Frostbeard, Modi Stonerunner, Spectral Guard, Rifleman
Tom Resnick (tresnick): Tyrin Thunderbeard
NovusCrimson/R3: Gnoll Overseer
Jeremy Frutkin: Brother of Gnoll Overseer
Alucolor: Gnoll Warden
CrisKingVO: Gnoll and Gnoll Brute
LeLovelySuccubus: Cornulagon the Devourer
Elise Bellamy (SovereignEliseVA): Gna'ruul
dndan: Guardian Entity
Timothy Banfield (FunnyGuyTimmy): Aggronor the Mighty, Dwarf interface sounds

Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods
Jacob Eccles: Tollusek the Black
Jake Parr: Bark Sharpnose
Tom Schalk: Thorp Blackpaw
Bonnie Bogovich: Philiastrasza
C. J. Oliver (Nulldrive): Baraddin
Elise Bellamy (SovereignEliseVA): Queen of Suffering
Abigail Turner: Gnoll Warden and Rhagnol
Shaun: Thordur
Ralph Pangallo: Gnoll, Gnoll Brute, and Gnoll Assassin
Meadows1073: Primordial Mutant
Timothy Banfield (FunnyGuyTimmy): Dwarf Rifleman, Dwarf interface sounds
nevernotninja: Erogdin Earthstorm
Ed Khoo: Narrator

Change Log
V7 – June 22, 2019

General
- Added -voices chat command to open the voice control menu
- Faceless One dialogue sounds work in 1.31.1
- Changed game message colors to be consistent with Blizzard usage

Chapter 2
- Added a hint about how to make Gna'ruul join the party when she is in the Gnoll encampment
- Added some new dialogue lines for Gna'ruul
- Some minor bug fixes

Chapter 3
- Chaos Tentacles are now easier
- The All-Seeing Eye of the Inqusition's Anti-Magic Ray now does only 500 damage to mechanical units (down from 2000)
- Bark Sharpnose picks up the Howling Flail trigger works after saving and loading in 1.31.1 (bug workaround)
- Philiastrasza speaks a correct line when entering the Well of Corruption
- Added correct caster upgrade art for Gnoll Assassin

V6 – April 15, 2019

• Fully voice acted
  • Tested to work with Patch 1.30.4
  • Several minor improvements and bug fixes
Contents

Dwarf Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
Bob27: An excellent campaign, with a great story, gameplay and terrain. This would have to still be one of my favorite Warcraft III Campaigns. Approved.

Deleted member 245347

D

Deleted member 245347

the chapter 1 and 2 are pretty awesome with the voices.. really impressive!

I copied the content here, because the old project forum is not active.
Since its 2019,
I decided to replay the Dwarf Campaign created by GG&K. (Originally created by Tommi)
I seen in the last year, Tommi Gustafsson updated this map (created a new account?)
Yes. I did not remember the old password from 2007 or so. With the help of deepstrasz and Ralle, I got the ownership of the Dwarf Campaign. It was uploaded here by Public Resource Provider, when w3sear.ch was merged to the Hive Workshop in 2007.

Do you plan to update the .W3N versions to have sound?
Yes. When the Temple of the Old Gods has been voiced, we will release a fully voiced campaign. I think it will take a month or two.

Any chance you plan to merge the old account and the new account?
I think there's not so much need for the old posts now. I am fine with the new account.

Level 3
the mapping and the setting is fine

the difficulty is terribly unbalanced, I recommend more to play in easy.

the direction and execution of the setting is very annoying that it happens every time.

the style of game I finish liking despite keeping and loading game continuously.

Poor exposure of characters.

I'm very descriptive.

3 stars

Level 1
My Favorite Campaign ever..VOICE ACTED?!?! Could not DL fast enough! Coming back to Warcraft III in 2019 is one of the better choices iv made lately :D

Level 6
Dang

i just finish playing all the chapters for the dwarf camapaign and i say it was hella great

i like the voice of Daughter of Alextraza and it sound idk innocent?
while the voice of the mistress of pain tho....... it was awesome :3

Level 3
Does anyone know what the last energy crystal can be used for? What about the "Piece of ancient dwarf masonry"? What item is it you need to find to give to Hip-Horf?

Level 3
Great campaign.
I noticed a small problem.In the chapter 3, the bridge at the lower left corner of the map can be moved down a little. If use the mouse to pull the angle down will find that the bridge is much higher than the ground, and there is a big gap in the middle.

I had the book, I opened it to translate the runes, typed the translation in the Old god Language while standing on the runes, I tried everything and nothing works, I'd appreciate if you help me with the solutions.
You must not type the translation of the runes that are in front of the gate, but the name of an Old God in dark speech. What did you exactly type?

Dwarf Campaign V7 has been released. This is a minor maintenance release, which includes some small improvements and bug workarounds for patch 1.31.1.

You can read the release notes below.
General
- Added -voices chat command to open the voice control menu
- Faceless One dialogue sounds work in 1.31.1
- Changed game message colors to be consistent with Blizzard usage

Chapter 2
- Added a hint about how to make Gna'ruul join the party when she is in the Gnoll encampment
- Added some new dialogue lines for Gna'ruul
- Some minor bug fixes

Chapter 3
- Chaos Tentacles are now easier
- The All-Seeing Eye of the Inqusition's Anti-Magic Ray now does only 500 damage to mechanical units (down from 2000)
- Bark Sharpnose picks up the Howling Flail trigger works after saving and loading in 1.31.1 (bug workaround)
- Philiastrasza speaks a correct line when entering the Well of Corruption
- Added correct caster upgrade art for Gnoll Assassin

Level 12
Finished replaying this glorious campaign and oh boi... new voice acting for every character? Amazing!:grin:

Listening to each cutscene felt like watching a movie at a cinema, i can tell the voice actors had a blast doing the voice acting, and i can't belive they even did new dialogues for when you click multiple times on characters.. Just perfect! I loved every one of them( especially the jokes):xxd:.

Playing on very hard was sure a challenge but with such splendid new voice acting for every cutscene i got triple more motivated to do my best in achieving victory!

My only critisism would be that some of the voices are a bit too quiet/silent compared to the other ones like Erogdin Earthstorm's and Philiastrasza's voice lines, and i had to raise up the volume more especially when they were talking, but other than that everything was Perfect!

I am always in shock of the level of ingeniosity and skill of this Campaign, i didn't think you guys could make this better, but you did! I can't wait for the new updates on this story and the Gnoll story as well, Keep up the awesome work Tommi Gustafsson and your team!
For Khaz Modan! :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 4
This was a great campaign! Although there are only 3 maps, those are very well detailed and very long (it took me about 3 hours each for the latter two missions, and about 1:30 for the first mission). The story is ok, the custom models are pretty awesome, the gameplay is a lot of fun, quite challenging at times (I played on normal) and just the general idea of a dwarven faction (and MINI-SPOILER gnoll faction, which expanded on in the sequel END SPOILER). Just a truly awesome experience through and through (although certain moments were a little annoying, like the emerald gate (also, I got the dwarf riddle first try (I was just trying to be funny, but my answer was indeed the correct one xD))).

Level 2
It was a pleasure to play this campaign and the gnoll campaign. Congrats! The voice acting is a great plus value

Level 1
Does this stull work in the current version of WarCraft 3? I've been unable to find the Custom Campaign section in the game for quite some time.

Level 1
Warcraft 3 Reforged does not support custom campaigns yet. However, you can download Dwarf Campaign as stand-alone maps from Dwarf Campaign for Warcraft III . We haven't tested them with Reforged, though.
Thank you, I've also gotten it to work by running the individual maps within the campaign with the editor, but I think that strategy may be easier, I do not actually own Reforged, I just noticed that a lot of the UI and menus and stuff got overhauled even if you didn't purchase the new game.

Level 4
I have played several versions of this campaign and the truth is that I loved it, for me, it is a classic of Warcraft 3.

Recommended 100%