• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Gods ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm working alone because other people can't do what i really want.

50% are:
-4 classes with 1 skilltree
-terrain
-few quests
-few areas
-few monster&Bosses
-Basic Triggers
-Basic & a few other items

50% left:
-4 classes with 1 skilltree
-The left quests (alot!!)
-The left areas (more than 8)
-The left enemys (Also alot...and Boss-trigger/spells
-Extra-Triggers
-Items

Just finished the Stormlake. Will come soon.
-------------------------------------------

->I changed the effects of weapon enchantments from orbs to burning fire, frostbolts etc. I think it looks a way better.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to drop. If it's very useful, +REP and Credits, ofc.

~Nurga

Level 8
Hehe... :) Going to get new items and kill new bosses :D!!!

I'm glad to see someone happy with my game. :wink:

I'm in big twist, atm, near to finish school etc...you know.

I will finish Dungeon Gods. It would go fast, if i wouldn't be so lazy. :thumbs_down:

But well, it will be done!

Hope you enjoy the game, stand by. :)

~Nurga

Level 8
Bump.

->New Version, still 23, cause of short fixing.

Now Boss drop items. They are nice!

Fixed 3 Villagers on Player 1

PS: 400th Post :wink:

Level 8
Huh... :D bump bump... :) You really should make bigger map :> maybe to 320x320 =) I want more! :> Btw... going to check new items :>

The map is already biggest size! o_O

But if more people like the map as you do, i will create Extra-Maps with new worlds.

I built new monsters today and fixed some things.

Level 8
Sorry, but I will do it the other way. There is too much already done as i could make it bigger.

But let's see, in the first addon, maybe... ;)

Level 8
-BUMP-

Nurga is back in tha house, ready to work on Dungeon Gods again!

After problems with computer... (again -.-) i'm finally back. *smile*

Level 8
I had to laught.

This map is just the base map.

More, bigger terretories will follow.

Level 8
~Bump~

Done the last time:
-Debug-Function
-Loot-Fix

Currently working on:
-Need to find out how to let creeps drop items.

(Procentual Chance to drop)

Level 8
-And again....BUMP-

Hey, guys! No comments, ideas or bugs?

Well, still work in progress, much to do, but yeah, it's going on.

I would need a team, but I think i can't find any good people for it...

Have Fun with the new version.

~Nurga

Level 14
It's so sad how many projects get popular very fast at the beginning, afterwards people just forget the project exists, although the project is still updated.

Pitty.

Level 8
It's so sad how many projects get popular very fast at the beginning, afterwards people just forget the project exists, although the project is still updated.

Pitty.

Yeah.

But I think it will be done. Hope it's getting popular, hosting at Battle.net...we will see, what will come.

And if nobody wants it, I still got friends to play that awesome map with.

Level 7
Tried the game and it is AWESOME!!!!! There is on thing I ran into, I can't seem to find out how to load my character. I know how to save it but you never tell how to load it.

BTW when you save it says to remember your code and your title, and why is that and what if you don't have a title yet??? I know its still in the proccess of being made but you do need make things a little more clear.

Also if you are looking for someone to help out, I can help you. I know how to make the creeps drop items. I have a great item system on my computer I made in GUI

Level 8
Well, first, i really thank you for playing and reporting.

You're right, i have to put some more help in it.

You can load with -load (enter your code here)

Remember your Name is important, because if your name changes (possible by getting a title or changing name) and you save your charakter you only can load it with the exactly same name! (-name (Name) to change your name)
And it's meant "If!" you got a title, you have to pay attention because of that.

Thanks for your interest. I already did a Creep-Item-Drop-System by myself, it will be implented in the next version coming out.
Marikjk will do the last spells for the last 4 classes and the Endboss.
I could need help with creating Items and/or monsters.

But there are special conditions with this work. It all has to fit into the map and my ideas and plans. And this is a bit hard.

But I'll test you, if you want. Try to make 5 Items and/or creeps fitting into the map.

Have Fun and thank you. :wink:

Level 8
Never bumped so much...

~BUMP~

-New Version!
-New Screenshots!
-New Banner

Enjoy, play, reply and comment!

Have Fun.

~Nurga

Level 8
Yes, i could. It would take some time, but sometimes i correct or add some terrain, to make it better.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates:
-New Version, with fixed bugs. (Sorry for uploading the bugged one.)
-New YouTube-Gameplay Video. (First post -> Media -> Videos -> Link)

Level 2
i cant wait for full version ! i really like it , but i have some sugesstions
make something like fountain to regen health or mana :< its very confusing to get heal from elder i discovered this after 3 games :p

in shop is something like "buy horse" ok cool but there is no level requirements in description , when you buy it "it say you dont have required level"

starting area should be bigger and you should add more quests + make quest giver instead of wanted sign

thats all , thanx for your great map, i enjoy playing it ! gl with new versions !Hope you will finish this map soon

Level 8
Hey there.

Thank you for testing and comment.

Fountain...I always see them in other ORPGs. Maybe I shoul place a small fountain next to the elder.

Level requiment not in description? Damnit. I will fix that.

Starting Area is just the village and the forst. There are also the arena and the Garden (nothern).

There are just the main-quests and the one in the sign. But there will follow some more.

The map will take damn long to finish.
I'll complete monsters, mainquests, bosses and so on.
But there will even follow more quests and items. Additional, I will add other versions (AddOns, Dungeons, Raids) if the main-map is "finished."
Stay tuned.

~Nurga

Level 2
ok i played longer this map and i found a lot bugs i hope you will fix that because that map have great potentail

- "rock" and "diablo" boss can be killed with militiant in mountains, hes invulnerable
- if hero kill unit with critical strike, this hero get full exp for killed unit , other heroes wont get exp
- priest critical is too strong , 150 on lvl 2 ? Oo + big chance to score it
- defender training dont work
- level requirements on itemsnot work
- mounting is strange , mount load units into it , maybe make 1 mount but with cool model like defender siting on horse etc.
- loot from bosses is alway same , you can get 15 lvl item from boss 1 and an lvl1 item from rock boss etc.
- after bringing quest with sword to elder , camera is bugging for all players
- on boots with evade is typo "evate"
- description of some items is just weak
- all heroes have same amount of hp per lvl , defender should get more
- too many pathing blockers in forest of blood and mushroom area
- assasin "glaive strike" is spreading dmg between units , when you use it on 3 enemies it will deal 33 dmg per unit which i think is wrong
- bosses are too easy , there should be some events with them
- bosses should get they own loot table , typing -loot is very buggy , when me and my friend killed boss we type -loot and our friend which was lvl 1 did it too and he got loot
- bosses should get their own place like dungeon and more place to fight
- bosses with very small speed movement are not acceptable , you can kite them to death
- sometimes when you use charge on unit you get permament speed boost
- area where are mushroms and boss with sword for quest is bugged , when you enter to it every enemy is going to attack you - make it bigger
- you should do guards in citys hit lesser , now you can just kite mobs to them and get your free exp (same bosses)
- you can wear unlimited slots of items , example 6x weapons , 6x body etc
- make normal respawn after dead with some penalties like loose gold or exp and add some time before you can revive

Its all for now im still playing to find more bugs etc.

Its my feedback , why its deep like it is ? Because i like this map and see much potentail in it , this map need some things and polisihing to be very good orpg ,
i think i can help you with that , if you want some help with terraining , ideas ,testing just write to me.
Sry for my english .

Level 8
So, here I go again...
Thank you for playing, testing and reporting.

I took your list and tried to fix the most bugs.

Here is the list.

By the way: This is pre-Alpha. Work in Progress.

- "rock" and "diablo" boss can be killed with militiant in mountains, hes invulnerable [FIXED]
- if hero kill unit with critical strike, this hero get full exp for killed unit , other heroes wont get exp [ENGINE-BUG, NOT MADE BY ME]
- priest critical is too strong , 150 on lvl 2 ? Oo + big chance to score it [BALANCE WORK WILL FOLLOW LATER]
- defender training dont work [IT WORKS, IT'S JUST HIDDEN...ENGINE-BUG]
- level requirements on itemsnot work [SOME ITEMS AREN'T REGISTRED YET]
- mounting is strange , mount load units into it , maybe make 1 mount but with cool model like defender siting on horse etc. [ALREAD TRIED, BUT THE HERO IS ALWAYS SITTING AT THE HORSE'S HEAD]
- loot from bosses is alway same , you can get 15 lvl item from boss 1 and an lvl1 item from rock boss etc. [FOR ME, EVERYTHING IS OKAY...MAYBE TOO OLD VERSION.]
- after bringing quest with sword to elder , camera is bugging for all players [FIXED]
- on boots with evade is typo "evate" [FIXED]
- description of some items is just weak [USUAL ITEMS=WEAK DESCRIPTION - SPECIAL ITEMS=BETTER DESCRIPTION]
- all heroes have same amount of hp per lvl , defender should get more [FIXED]
- too many pathing blockers in forest of blood and mushroom area [FIXED]
- assasin "glaive strike" is spreading dmg between units , when you use it on 3 enemies it will deal 33 dmg per unit which i think is wrong [IT'S RIGHT. 100 / 3 = 33.33333...]
- bosses are too easy , there should be some events with them [WORK IN PROGRESS]
- bosses should get they own loot table , typing -loot is very buggy , when me and my friend killed boss we type -loot and our friend which was lvl 1 did it too and he got loot [LOOT IS DIFFERENT. SOMETIMES, YOU JUST WON'T GET LOOT. JUST LUCK.]
- bosses should get their own place like dungeon and more place to fight [THESE SMALL BOSSES HAVE ENOUGH SPACE.]
- bosses with very small speed movement are not acceptable , you can kite them to death [FIXED]
- sometimes when you use charge on unit you get permament speed boost [STILL BUGGED...WAITING FOR SOLUTION.]
- area where are mushroms and boss with sword for quest is bugged , when you enter to it every enemy is going to attack you - make it bigger [FIXED]
- you should do guards in citys hit lesser , now you can just kite mobs to them and get your free exp (same bosses) [FIXED]
- you can wear unlimited slots of items , example 6x weapons , 6x body etc [SOME ITEMS AREN'T REGISTRED YET]
- make normal respawn after dead with some penalties like loose gold or exp and add some time before you can revive [FIXED]

Level 8
Yeah...should fix that. Best would be, if every monster could be cut off...like some villager model i know.

Level 16
use and orb spell in unit ability
it's hidden and with no extra damage or something it can make bloody effects or at melee monsters use the blood as projectile art
lol i have seen the spell triggers and.....
don't use "begins casting an ability".... "use starts the effect of an ability" because the starts the effect of an ability make the trigger working when the spell already casted
and use remove spec effects too, if you don't your map wil lag a lot after a time
i don't see so big mistakes at the quest they works but an advice: use Unit within range event
i still like the map and waitin for the two dungeons at the center of the left side of the map:D

Last edited:
Level 8
Here you go. New Version. (26)

Report bugs, give improvement-ideas, tell me something and enjoy.

~Nurga

Level 16
cool ^^ downloading it

tested: what are the differences?
elementary destructor has 3 skills on hotkey R,if you make the lost dog quest the table is still at the town,the item level system still not working,sometimes the loot won't work,
advices:
don't use that show dmg system... i used it too and it makes the game laggy,it picks ALL unit from the map and every 5 seconds of the game it makes a little lagg, i placed a lot of monsters on my map and i can't test it because the map
use unit starts the effect of an ability event at skills ~.~

Last edited:
Level 8
Okay...
-Found a solution for the Charge-Bug
-Reworked Defender-Tooltips
-Changed the 3 R-Shortcuts to 1.
-Removed Damage-Show-System
-Dog Quest will now be removed from the table if quest is finished
-Blood Effects edited
-Item Limits done

The loot-system is creating items after the death of a boss-monster.
It is possible, that sometimes someone won't get any loot. It's luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.