• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RotC ORPG (Rise of the Corrupter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yeah, havn't had much time to work on it for a while now but it is still up and going. There has been a major change in gameplay so I have to spend a little more time than first thought before I can release an alpha.

- Instead of advancing into new classes like TEvE there will instead be trainers throughout the world who can teach different abilities. Each Hero will be able to learn abilities from 3-4 trainers, maybe more in the future. What will make Heroes different is that they will have 2 abilities which cannot be changed, also they can mix up spells from different trainers.

Example:
Demonblade - Can learn Fire, Shadow and Melee Combat Arts.
Elementalist - Can learn Fire, Earth, Wind and Water.
Beastmaster - Can learn Nature, Earth and Melee Combat Arts.
etc.

I will aim for around 20 Heroes and 10-15 trainers. More Heroes and trainers might come later on :)

Also I have to rework all abilites already made. I am using food for a Spirit Power System. First 3 abilities will generate Spirit Power while the Heroes Ultimate Spell will consume Spirit Power for greater effect.

Level 6
How long do you think that you'll have to work, before BETA release (or any other)?
Since when I'll release my own map BETA, I suppose that I'll just fix bugs that will appear and then I'd like to have pause from making my map.

If so, I could help you with making units/abilities or some triggering. Just let me know by PM or posting here.

Level 11
That would be cool :) there has been so much other stuff going on so i havnt been able to work on it for a while (the downside of working alone) and i am not sure for now when i can finnish the beta :/ hopefully soon. But let me know if you have time to help :)

Level 9
Corrupted Orcish Lands (Lv 70)
Some Orcs can resist the Demonic Corruption, others cannot. Fight your own kin.. and slay them, for they are now in the hands of your enemy.

Flaming Lands of Shin'dor(Lv 70)
In the ancient Volcano, there lies a unique race of Burning Creatures. No Orc or Human may stand to their way.

~Da Fist~

Level 11
Thanks all :) my biggest concern right now before alpha release are the hero spells. I have 14/48 done so far. If anyone can help let me know. I dont need super advanced spells as long as they look good, deals triggered dsmage and are mui.

Dungeon ideas:

The Ancient Pyramid(Lv 75)
In this pyramid are a lot of treasures and...traps! You will return with the treasures...and alive?

Chess Field(Lv 60)
Who enters in this magical place...will not return alive...only if wins the Dark One in a magical chess match!

Forest of the Witch(Lv 70)
This cursed forest contains a lot of traps and monsters! You will resist?

Status
Not open for further replies.