• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Titans of Archia ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans of Archia

ORPG
Alpha

About:
Titans of Archia is an ORPG that will simulate an MMO experience. It is a 3rd person ORPG with fully customizable Heros. You will be able to choose, many different Race/Class Combinations. Every Race will have its own starting zone, with completely different racial stories, and abilities. The main story line of Titans of Archia will follow the path of Van'del and his evil forces. Your only knowledge of Van'del is that he slaughtered your family, and imprisoned their souls to do his bidding. Van'del is a powerful Elven Necromancer driven by soul purpose of killing his father, and anyone associated. More to the story will be posted in another 'Hidden tag' later on. Every Class will have completely different game play experience.

Goblin
Troll
Gnome
Dwarf
Human
Elf
more...

Classes:
Warrior
Priest
Elementalist
Mage
Necromancer
Death Knight
Assassin
Templar
More comming soon

attachment.php
attachment.php

Quests
Equipable Items
Inventory System
Walkable Buildings
PvP
PvE
Dungeons
Raids
Choose to be good or evil
Advanced Attack System.

Progress: Underconstruction.
Terrain: 15%
Systems: 20%
Quests: 6%
Dungeons/Raids: 2%
Main Story: 20ish% (Got most of it down in my head lol)
Sub-Stories: 10%

Maps end up taking me a while because I take maybe an hour making a system and then 5 hours testing each system over and over again XD.

Better Screen shots comming soon.

NEED:
2D
3D
vJassers
Terrainers

for the open slots plz submit an application on the Project recuitment thread. thank you

Titans of Archia Project recruitment

New Ideas

Barran area:
Name:
Creeps: Goblins, Gnolls, scorpions, Trolls...
Village(s): Goblin
Quests:~20
Level: 1-10
Terrain: Combination of(Moutains/canyons/Desert/Caves)

Swamp area:
Name:
Creeps: Undead, Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, *reptiles
Village(s): Troll
Levels:1-10
Terrain:Combination of(Shallow Water/Grass/Mud/ruins)

High Lands:
Name:
Creeps:Humans, Orcs, Ogres, Wolves, ...
Village(s): Human
Level:1-10
Terrain: Combination of(Destuction/High Terrain/Cold)

Note: Been working on the construction of the first series of quest lines leading into a cavern corrupted by the corrupt necromancer Van'Del and his evil minions. Updated screen shots will be starting with the construction of the boss. First shots will be the mesh, then anims, then story etc. This process may take some time due to the holidays.

Attachments

• 1sc.PNG
    1sc.PNG
    415.1 KB · Views: 1,689
  • 1sc2.PNG
    1sc2.PNG
    563.1 KB · Views: 1,877
Last edited:
Thanks, Just implemented a new Hero selection system, as well as custom XP, Bounty, etc.
Also, I've decided to make all NPC's have custom speech, meaning all units say their own thing. Working on ways of making it organized while still being contexts sensitive.
Map size is currently 480x480, also units and doodads Are scaled down to make even more playing space. Current Zones under construction.
Elven Woods: 80% Terrained
Barren Desert: 70% Terrained
Dwarven Fortress: 100% Terrained
Unamed Moutains: 76% Terrained
Swamps: 50%
Elven City: 25%

Current terrain used up in the map about 10%

well do you have any skill with vJass?
You will have 25 points to spend on your hero. and your talent trees will determine your abilities etc. I already got it made up, got a 2d artist working on the icons as we speak so just need a vJasser to wrap it together with a GUI friendly way of saving the points, so it can be easily saved/loaded

Level 10
well do you have any skill with vJass?
You will have 25 points to spend on your hero. and your talent trees will determine your abilities etc. I already got it made up, got a 2d artist working on the icons as we speak so just need a vJasser to wrap it together with a GUI friendly way of saving the points, so it can be easily saved/loaded

dammit, im horribal in vJass, sry man, i cant help u............im more of a gui person.

Nice terrain mate :goblin_good_job:, i like your project because you have goblin race. I think you should add more terrain screenshoots bcz i think u have finished more than only 2 screeny (saw minimap) GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PROJECT !! :goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job: :goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:
Thanks I will once I get home :( been stranded at my moms, Oil coolant ring gascet in my 93 honda accord went bad, and I had to order it :mad: cause no auto shops have it.

dammit, im horribal in vJass, sry man, i cant help u............im more of a gui person.
Well you can work on some spells and abilities if you like.

Definitely waitworthy™. I could help you with the story... @_@

Thanks :), I mainly need help with short stories for the quest lines, you think you can help out with that?

BTW plz respond in a PM for help offers :)

Ok, well each class will have 5 usable abilities per tree, so 10 abilities total, not including passive abilities that are purely done through triggers depending on the talent tree specs.

I already got someone on warrior and monk, so how would you like to be creative with some Wizard or templar spells, which ever you prefer, wizards will have Conjuration, and Arcane magic. Mostly Slow cast spells with high damage.

Templars will be like battle-mages, Magic, and Combat; mostly blast or instant cast spells for the magic, maybe armor or protective bubble on the ground.

Remember to just not OP plz :)

oh and I almost forgot.

Spells will be based on attributes.
Intelect, Speed(agility), Attack Power(Strength), udg_Stamana, udg_Spirit, udg_SpellPower, udg_Endurance

Try and keep utilize the attributes :)

Will you be using you'r high-poly goblin for this? That would be epic if you finished that for this project.

On the high poly goblin, I'll finish it... some day.. hopefully soon.. I'm stuck on the legs.. legs are hard :p

@Forgotten Warlord: My techtree is bing polished and balanced as best as i can, but, am i allowed to make some tiny branches on a main branch?

Can I see it first :D and yeah

Level 10
i still need to upload it and kinda put it into the format(its just writing right now), it be ready to show you bey the day after tommorow(im kinda busy with my life right now)

oh yea, i know i originally said ill do wizard, but looking at my techtree, it suit your battle mage's discription more, so if its okay with you, could i swicth? If not, thats fine, ill revise them

i still need to upload it and kinda put it into the format(its just writing right now), it be ready to show you bey the day after tommorow(im kinda busy with my life right now)

oh yea, i know i originally said ill do wizard, but looking at my techtree, it suit your battle mage's discription more, so if its okay with you, could i swicth? If not, thats fine, ill revise them

U can do a battle - mage :)

Level 15
Are you submitting that goblin as a resource to the hive? I think you should really think about keeping it as a custom resource for just this project. Projects with independant resources always get more attention.

Spells will be based on attributes.
Intelect, Speed(agility), Attack Power(Strength), udg_Stamana, udg_Spirit, udg_SpellPower, udg_Endurance

I think we should add in more custom stats to allow for a more dynamic combat system. Thinks like mp5, SpellCritical, melee critical, etc.

Also, have you guys implemented a custom missile system yet? If not, I would like to build one for this project. It would give me alot more freedom when making spells.

I still wont' be able to work on anything for another week or so, just putting forth some idea right now ^-^

Are you submitting that goblin as a resource to the hive? I think you should really think about keeping it as a custom resource for just this project. Projects with independant resources always get more attention.

I think we should add in more custom stats to allow for a more dynamic combat system. Thinks like mp5, SpellCritical, melee critical, etc.

Also, have you guys implemented a custom missile system yet? If not, I would like to build one for this project. It would give me alot more freedom when making spells.

I still wont' be able to work on anything for another week or so, just putting forth some idea right now ^-^

well my new goblin got rejected, so I just might keep him tomyself when I fix his anims, at least untill ToA has been released a while. Looks way better than that one lol.

You think you could design a dynamic stat system like that?

Level 1
wow this is totally epic, same as you, i totally have this idea of making a super instense rpg for wc3, but i lack the skills to :l . but i do have alot experience playing the rpg maps tho. anyway goodjob hope i can learn something and join your team!
totally looking forward to this map release!

wow this is totally epic, same as you, i totally have this idea of making a super instense rpg for wc3, but i lack the skills to :l . but i do have alot experience playing the rpg maps tho. anyway goodjob hope i can learn something and join your team!
totally looking forward to this map release!

Well we could always use ideas!

Spells mainly,

you get 25 talent points, and you chose your abilities with those, talents, and the spells/abilities enhance each other, and the hero.

I need some spell/talent tree ideas for a Wizard like hero, caster. Unsure of class name yet. can be any type of magic, which means I need you to come up with hero classes too I suppose lol

Level 15
How are the race/classes going to be divided up? The filesize won't be able to take custom models for all those classes for each race. So is it like each race will have access to 3 or 4 classes?

Also have you guys discussed having a pvp aspect to the game or not?

How are the race/classes going to be divided up? The filesize won't be able to take custom models for all those classes for each race. So is it like each race will have access to 3 or 4 classes?

Also have you guys discussed having a pvp aspect to the game or not?

Well, I'll be doing attachments, so it will be kinda like wow, the races with lots of anims to fit every role, which means I got a lot of work to do with that lol... And I think I'm seperating the classes by a saveable integer, and kinda even script our own level up system with a talent tree and skill up systems, perferablly full screen. So i got a lot of work to do on that :)
Classes will be given by walking up to a trainer in the beginning area before being allowed to leave the starting zone. I think there will be a total of like 10 different fully scripted classes with two to three talent tree's each. 25 talent points total. I know its going to be a lot of work, this project is honsetly still in the beginning of its makings, Probably going to have 4 classes for each race to create a veriety of player combinations

I need help with the Talent tree scripting and stat up system. I need them to be based on a string variable 'udg_ClassInt[Player Number]' (classes will be seperated by integers. e.g. 1=warrior, 2=Elementalist)

Level 5
Well, I'll be doing attachments, so it will be kinda like wow, the races with lots of anims to fit every role, which means I got a lot of work to do with that lol... And I think I'm seperating the classes by a saveable integer, and kinda even script our own level up system with a talent tree and skill up systems, perferablly full screen. So i got a lot of work to do on that :)
Classes will be given by walking up to a trainer in the beginning area before being allowed to leave the starting zone. I think there will be a total of like 10 different fully scripted classes with two to three talent tree's each. 25 talent points total. I know its going to be a lot of work, this project is honsetly still in the beginning of its makings, Probably going to have 4 classes for each race to create a veriety of player combinations

I need help with the Talent tree scripting and stat up system. I need them to be based on a string variable 'udg_ClassInt[Player Number]' (classes will be seperated by integers. e.g. 1=warrior, 2=Elementalist)

You mean just like the village men with 40 animations
but then for every race?
or am i guessing wrong:goblin_boom:

Level 10
hey man, you could make it so that each attack animation has a word behind it(ex:attack warrior) and thos would be the warrior's attack animations, then for the unit, you can add warrior in the animation thingy (forgot name) so any animation that has warrior will be used, you also dont need to make "walk warrior"

Level 5
you mean anim tags?

Yeah like: when you pick up an item it changes the animation tag like:
Longsword = attack 2-handed = Tag "attack Alternate"
Daggers = attack dual-wielding = Tag "attack gold"
Ect...
(do not forget to give mutiple attack, spell, walk, and stand versions on each tag:thumbs_up:)

that way you can use 1 model for the entire race (unless you have a female version 2:wink:)
That would save alot of work on the creating of models for the game (but more work per model)
Doing that will make the rpg realistic (almost every class looks the same without their armour right:grin:)

So my advise is to Edit the models and give them multiple animations

Vlad727:goblin_yeah:

Ps.
I would still like to be a beta-Tester for your Project, just pm me when and what needs to be tested (can also test for 2 players with my own lan:grin:)

Level 16
Well, this project is EPIC. I always loved the WC3 RPG/ORPG maps, but there aren't enough from them... And the most isn't HQ. (That's why I've started my own :))

Also, I have 2 question:
-What kinds of triggering do you use? GUI/JASS/vJASS? (I don't know why would I like to know it);
-Do you create the models and the animations all alone? If yes, then Gj, I like your goblin.

And I think you should use what Vlad727 said. In my map I'm using the same method, and works well. The only thing you have to keep in mind is the dual wielding and which hands of the hero are in use. (The only problem is that I'm not a modeler/animator, and I haven't yet found someone who could fix the animations of my heroes...)

Well, this project is EPIC. I always loved the WC3 RPG/ORPG maps, but there aren't enough from them... And the most isn't HQ. (That's why I've started my own :))

Also, I have 2 question:
-What kinds of triggering do you use? GUI/JASS/vJASS? (I don't know why would I like to know it);
-Do you create the models and the animations all alone? If yes, then Gj, I like your goblin.

And I think you should use what Vlad727 said. In my map I'm using the same method, and works well. The only thing you have to keep in mind is the dual wielding and which hands of the hero are in use. (The only problem is that I'm not a modeler/animator, and I haven't yet found someone who could fix the animations of my heroes...)

Well, animating that would take a long time, and in ToA I have made the models being used, Most of the current triggers are in GUI until my vjasser has time to help out :)

wc3 Orpgs are definatly the best ;) though multiplayer is a lot harder to create than single player so it takes longer to create

Level 16
Well, then ask your vJASSer to hurry :) Cuz vJASS is much faster than GUI, and in an ORPG map with lots of periodic triggers, coding and efficiency are really important. (That's why I had to set the maximum players in my map from 10 to 5.. If my Equipment was open, then my pc was lagging, cuz it had to do a lot of things at the same time...)

And as I said: The model is cool. I hope you'll finish the project. I've already seen too much unfinished but very great project, but I hope this one won't increase the size of the list of the unfinished projects.

Well, then ask your vJASSer to hurry :) Cuz vJASS is much faster than GUI, and in an ORPG map with lots of periodic triggers, coding and efficiency are really important. (That's why I had to set the maximum players in my map from 10 to 5.. If my Equipment was open, then my pc was lagging, cuz it had to do a lot of things at the same time...)

And as I said: The model is cool. I hope you'll finish the project. I've already seen too much unfinished but very great project, but I hope this one won't increase the size of the list of the unfinished projects.

Yep I was thinking about that too thats why I had deleted all my triggers a while ago cause it had too much lag. my systems weren't the best.. But I still need a terrainer before I worry about that too much

Status
Not open for further replies.