• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Reqruitment - Titans of Archia: The Unholy Tyrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sure some of you know I've been making a wc3 map Titans of Archia orpg.
And I plan on as soon as SC2 comes out getting it and starting on constructing a Part two. I will try to design a system to load your heros from Wc3 version into the Sc2 version.
Titans of Archia: The Unholy Tyrant will take place 10 years after The warcraft version. And will have more features obviously. But This will be done professionally and will have two versions.

Team Needed:

2 Terrainers
2 Modelers
1 Animator(s)
2 coders who are very good at learning languages.
2 Story writers
1 Concept Artist

Numbers may vary and more openings will be there once we get a grasp on everything that is needed.

So please submit an application!
**Application must provide proof you are capable of doing the tasks you are applying for. e.g. Concept Artist must show pictures.

Any other questions Please PM me!

*this post will be updated from time to time*

Level 5
Unless Blizzard includes Warcraft models in the editor, this project probably won't work out.

You'll be making a fantasy orpg using an editor for sci-fi content, unless you make the storyline waaaaaay later (or earlier, depends on you).

Otherwise, you would have a marine as an archer and a zergling as a warrior, and... yeah.

Good luck to you anyway. If you're able to pull it off, you could make the first good ORPG on SC2.

Unless Blizzard includes Warcraft models in the editor, this project probably won't work out.

You'll be making a fantasy orpg using an editor for sci-fi content, unless you make the storyline waaaaaay later (or earlier, depends on you).

Otherwise, you would have a marine as an archer and a zergling as a warrior, and... yeah.

Good luck to you anyway. If you're able to pull it off, you could make the first good ORPG on SC2.

Dont worry about that they already stated you will be able to import models into their editor, simple converters will be made right away, and I am getting better at making models myself :)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Erm...as you're aware, I'm working on spells for your wc3 map...can i ask you something...sooo...is this gonna be Sci-Fi or Fantasy...you did realize the development and tools are going to be severely limited for Fantasy...

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

o_O, Don't forget to change the interface, It'd be weird to play fantasy in a Sci-Fi UI xD, And I'd like t join teh team =) ^_^

Level 9
I will try to design a system to load your heros from Wc3 version into the Sc2 version.

Bad idea.

Well, it will be the same set up as in Wc3 version for the different chars you can be. Orc, Human, troll, Dwarf, Goblin, Gnome, Elf, etc.

Likely worst.

#1 StarCraft 2 will allow you to move data from games without save/load codes. But you are limiting yourself by allowing load codes. So don't do that...

#2 Good luck finding enough modellers to recreate all those assets. You're making a medival-fantasy game in a Sci-Fi engine, meaning pretty much everything has to be recreated. Can't help but feel like that is a really unrealistic expectation. You have to find a team like they did with Snowflake and mkaing Sc2 in Warcraft III.

Bad idea.

Likely worst.

#1 StarCraft 2 will allow you to move data from games without save/load codes. But you are limiting yourself by allowing load codes. So don't do that...

#2 Good luck finding enough modellers to recreate all those assets. You're making a medival-fantasy game in a Sci-Fi engine, meaning pretty much everything has to be recreated. Can't help but feel like that is a really unrealistic expectation. You have to find a team like they did with Snowflake and mkaing Sc2 in Warcraft III.

You under estimate the power of modding community :)
There will be enough models trust me, I have made over 200 models myself already! Just sitting in milkshape format waiting to be converted :D.

I realize that it is a 'sci-fi' engine but so is the UDK but you see games such as mortal online using it.

Its under control. So don't worry about that. This project will NOT be a fail. It will work out as planned. I plan on game play like Oblivion I will utilize the first person or 3rd person capabilities to my benifit. Custom abilities can be done through the new interface options they are having in the Galaxy Editor, so I won't have a problem. My brother and real138 are Already in the process of learning C++ which is closely related to the galaxy language.

Besides that, you can make sci-fi games in Wc3 :p

And if Game caches work online, then there wont be codes. Except to load an old char. I'll make a generator in the Wc3 version that you can use to transfer your code to the sc2 version, then never have to worry about it again.

My only concern: How much mapping space will be allowed.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

You under estimate the power of modding community :)
There will be enough models trust me, I have made over 200 models myself already! Just sitting in milkshape format waiting to be converted :D.

I realize that it is a 'sci-fi' engine but so is the UDK but you see games such as mortal online using it.

Its under control. So don't worry about that. This project will NOT be a fail. It will work out as planned. I plan on game play like Oblivion I will utilize the first person or 3rd person capabilities to my benifit. Custom abilities can be done through the new interface options they are having in the Galaxy Editor, so I won't have a problem. My brother and real138 are Already in the process of learning C++ which is closely related to the galaxy language.

Besides that, you can make sci-fi games in Wc3 :p

And if Game caches work online, then there wont be codes. Except to load an old char. I'll make a generator in the Wc3 version that you can use to transfer your code to the sc2 version, then never have to worry about it again.

My only concern: How much mapping space will be allowed.

True, you can make sci-fi games in wc3, but if you recall, they all suck and the terrain looks W-E-I-R-D. Anyways, wouldn't this kinda be a copy of ur wc3 map?

Level 5
Imports take up space. I'm not sure of the max map file size, but don't be too ambitious with you imports.

Try incorporating new aspects from your original project, such as the introduction of gunpowder (Not things like an AK-47, mind you, but more like a blunderbuss or flintlock).

I'm assuming you're doing tiers for the characters? These can be your basis:

Knight
Guardian/Champion
Deiva/Weaponsmaster

Archer
Ranger/Musketeer
RuneArcher/Gunslinger

Enchanter
Mystic/Summoner
Elementalist/Weaponsmage

Monk
Shadow Monk/Priest
Death Reaver/Seraph

you know ofc ill be joining as the coder :) so will the coders be me and your brother or how?

Yeah, Untill we get more, 3 should be a solid number for coders. Thay way you can communicate for ideas on how to fix things.

Sounds like people are sceptical! - i don't see why they are. it must be possible.

lol yeah, but it will work out :D Just take hard work!

Level 9
Sounds like people are sceptical! - i don't see why they are. it must be possible.

My brother and real138 are Already in the process of learning C++ which is closely related to the galaxy language.

Stuff like this.

The map file size limit is going to be close to 50 MB, or more. With each import of a model taking over 1 MB, I can't imagine it being less than 50, in comparison with Warcraft 3.

And you're Milkshape 3D models mean nothing in SC2... Have you seen the models of SC2? They have 5x the polies of WC3 models. Converting WC3 models to SC2 will be the most ridiculous looking thing ever. Can you imagine if Doom 3 used the models from Doom 2?

Anyway, good luck...

Stuff like this.

The map file size limit is going to be close to 50 MB, or more. With each import of a model taking over 1 MB, I can't imagine it being less than 50, in comparison with Warcraft 3.

And you're Milkshape 3D models mean nothing in SC2... Have you seen the models of SC2? They have 5x the polies of WC3 models. Converting WC3 models to SC2 will be the most ridiculous looking thing ever. Can you imagine if Doom 3 used the models from Doom 2?

Anyway, good luck...

lol well thanks for your concern :)

But Just because its Milkshape doesn't mean the models are crap. I have been making high poly models.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

lol well the site will be up once I can. The same project? not really, there will be differences, The Sc2 one will have wayy better game play :D

^_^, Cool!, though i might need a week to get used to the triggers n stuff on the Galaxy Editor =)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

lol we'll have plenty of time to get used to it dont worry bout that. but maybe for the sc2 version zergs invade once everything is prosperous? :D

I Love it!, But How About, When you die, the triggers make you have 1 HP and nothing else atacks you, and everything on the screen is frozen, then, out of nowhere MILLIONS OF BANELINES COME OUT OF NOWHERE AND BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ugly::ugly::ugly:

Status
Not open for further replies.